AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

devoy1701

I know. I'm talking about maybe putting Pandora there. Not Camp Minnie Mickey.

that is one of the places we've been talking about where Pandora could go. But James Cameron stated casually that Pandora will be about 12 acres and if that is true (not sure if that's just phase 1 or the entire project) that area that was supposed to be Autralia is just too big. It would make more sense to replace CMM.

DKampy

If I recall someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the fantasy land exspansion including the circus area was 10 acres....Pandora was stated as having 2 more acres then that...it depends what sort of attractions they are looking at...remember we know nothing about what WDI and cameron are planning other than we will see an avatar addition to Animal Kingdom.

Disaddict

that is one of the places we've been talking about where Pandora could go. But James Cameron stated casually that Pandora will be about 12 acres and if that is true (not sure if that's just phase 1 or the entire project) that area that was supposed to be Autralia is just too big. It would make more sense to replace CMM.

True but maybe they will develop 12 acres of that land right now and then more later?

jt04

I know I keep making this point but it seems to me the CMM location would overwhelm the entrance to the park. Think of a Soarin size building on that plot. I think it would be a nightmare. Just because he mentioned "12 acres" (which is likely based on Carsland) does not mean it won't occupy a portion of the "australia" plot.

That said, 12 acres seems too small unless that will be the area available to the public and does not include support areas.

devoy1701

If I recall someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the fantasy land exspansion including the circus area was 10 acres....Pandora was stated as having 2 more acres then that...it depends what sort of attractions they are looking at...remember we know nothing about what WDI and cameron are planning other than we will see an avatar addition to Animal Kingdom.

Also keep in mind that large attractions can take up much of that real estate. Expedition Everest for example takes up 6.2 acres by itself. So one massive E-ticket could take up half of the land area for Pandora. Just trying to give some more perspective.

devoy1701

I know I keep making this point but it seems to me the CMM location would overwhelm the entrance to the park. Think of a Soarin size building on that plot. I think it would be a nightmare. Just because he mentioned "12 acres" (which is likely based on Carsland) does not mean it won't occupy a portion of the "australia" plot.

That said, 12 acres seems too small unless that will be the area available to the public and does not include support areas.

I think it depends on perpective and exactly what is poking up on the CMM plot. Remember that the entire entrance of the Oasis you're walking up hill, and the canopy of Bamboo along the front berm of the park provide another good 30-40 feet of cover. And with the Tree of Life and Forbidden Mountain already towering over the park as viewed from the parking lot, I don't think there would be anything too obstructive that would overwelm the entrance. Not if the larger structures are placed on the northwestern side of the CMM plot anyway. And whatever it may be I would assume that again it would resemble some naturally made structure like the other two large structures in the park.

jt04

I think it depends on perpective and exactly what is poking up on the CMM plot. Remember that the entire entrance of the Oasis you're walking up hill, and the canopy of Bamboo along the front berm of the park provide another good 30-40 feet of cover. And with the Tree of Life and Forbidden Mountain already towering over the park as viewed from the parking lot, I don't think there would be anything too obstructive that would overwelm the entrance. Not if the larger structures are placed on the northwestern side of the CMM plot anyway. And whatever it may be I would assum that again it would resemble some naturally made structure like the other too large structures in the park.

I hope you are right. Because a Soarin style building looming over the entrance would be terrible. Even if it had floating mountains airbrushed on it.

Alektronic

I hope you are right. Because a Soarin style building looming over the entrance would be terrible. Even if it had floating mountains airbrushed on it.

What about the Dinosaur ride building? It is a large 4 to 5 story building and it is right behind the Main Entrance on the right side. Anything on the left hand side would have to be really massive to be seen over the waterfalls on top the Rainforest Cafe.

jt04

What about the Dinosaur ride building? It is a large 4 to 5 story building and it is right behind the Main Entrance on the right side. Anything on the left hand side would have to be really massive to be seen over the waterfalls on top the Rainforest Cafe.

I don't think Dinosaur has any elevation changes and is certainly not "4 or 5 stories". Soarin is at least that. A Star Tours type simulator would be fine height-wise.

RSoxNo1

I don't think Dinosaur has any elevation changes and is certainly not "4 or 5 stories". Soarin is at least that. A Star Tours type simulator would be fine height-wise.

As great as Soarin and the new Star Tours are - I would hope that if these ride systems are used there are substantial improvements with them and if that's the case it will make the existing attractions look bad. As for Soarin' specifically, by the time this opens it's perfectly reasonable to expect a new video in Soarin' by the time Pandora opens.

imagineer boy

Speaking of Avatar 2, I think I can accurately predict what the plot will be for it. So its going to take place in Pandora's ocean right? Whelp, the story is going to be that the evil human corporation dicovers unobtonium in the bottom of Pandora's ocean. So they drill for it and "OH NO! AN UNOBTONIUM SPILL!" from that point commence with the blatantly obvious paralells with the BP spill. Now all of the poor glow in the dark sea animals or dying! Oh no! So then Sam Worthington and the rest of the Navi are like, "Okay, let's beat the crap out of them! That'll teach them for being humans!" *BANG* *EXPLOSIONS!* *CGI!* And the evil humans wit their advanced technology are miraculously defeated by bows and arrows again, and the Navi live happily ever after. Hooray! :sohappy:

danpam1024

speaking of avatar 2, i think i can accurately predict what the plot will be for it. So its going to take place in pandora's ocean right? Whelp, the story is going to be that the evil human corporation dicovers unobtonium in the bottom of pandora's ocean. So they drill for it and "oh no! An unobtonium spill!" from that point commence with the blatantly obvious paralells with the bp spill. Now all of the poor glow in the dark sea animals or dying! Oh no! So then sam worthington and the rest of the navi are like, "okay, let's beat the crap out of them! That'll teach them for being humans!" *bang* *explosions!* *cgi!* and the evil humans wit their advanced technology are miraculously defeated by bows and arrows again, and the navi live happily ever after. Hooray! :sohappy:

:roflol:

Since Pocohontas is already gone, they only need to replace Festival of the Lion King, which isn't impossible. everything else in the land can be torn down in a day! Then CMM is ready to be converted.

It would seem wise of them to leave the space between Africa and Asia for another land with real animals, all the facilities are back there. Why take up space with a land that doesn't have real creatures?

nytimez

Since Pocohontas is already gone, they only need to replace Festival of the Lion King, which isn't impossible. everything else in the land can be torn down in a day! Then CMM is ready to be converted.

It would seem wise of them to leave the space between Africa and Asia for another land with real animals, all the facilities are back there. Why take up space with a land that doesn't have real creatures?

Some AK CMs I know say they believe it's going into CMM. But that's not official or inside information and they haven't been told that by their bosses -- it's just the assumption that a number of people who work there are making.

NoChesterHester

Just because he mentioned "12 acres" (which is likely based on Carsland) does not mean it won't occupy a portion of the "australia" plot.

Methinks everyone is way too focused on the 12 acre number.

CMM plot is obvious to me because it fills in the forth quadrant of the park. If it goes in the big plot back behind Asia not only will the park be rear loaded, but it eats up a currently invisible future expansion plot. Additionally, if they use the CMM plot any night time show that is part of this could exit directly to the front parking lot.

RSoxNo1

I'm thinking the Camp Minnie Mickey plot as well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them close the Wildlife Express train and put FotLK back where the train Station is.

NoChesterHester

I'm thinking the Camp Minnie Mickey plot as well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them close the Wildlife Express train and put FotLK back where the train Station is.

That was the plan before the economy tanked right?

FOLK is a great show, just belongs in Africa thematically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom