AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

RSoxNo1

Disney doesn't spend like Universal.

$200 million at WDW will get you a single major ride and a gift shop at most.

Again just the Little Mermaid ride, which is VERY simple and basic was reported to be $100 million.

*120 million

$200m Universal = $350m-$400m Disney

That's about right. Maybe a bit higher for Disney.

No nothing yet. It was always the plan though for Camp to be temporary, it was largely built by WDW entertainment, and WDI had their eyes on it for an Eticket land right from day one. It really wouldn't take much to clear it out.

My hope would be that they go for the north plot, so the park actually gets bigger rather than a replace, and as you say, there is a need for the character area. There was talk at one point about heavy modification to Planet Watch, which could see an incorporation of the characters there.

I think really at the moment it is just to early to tell, from what has been said officially, they are still at blue sky. In that mode, anything can happen.

It would still be an expansion unless they limited the footprint just to CMM. I would expect this land to be large enough that it would require both CMM and the land South of it (if that's the actual plot).

Thessair

I understand and agree with you, but I think its a losing battle here, just give up like i did, cause you'll never win! lets join a film forum. they will understand our plight lol :p

Yeah, it isn't worth arguing anymore. I've had my say and there is no point in beating a dead horse.

By no means am I calling you out on your hatred for the movie... I was responding to the haters who are so blinded by their own personal agendas that they don't see the real facts... You, Thesair, I do not include in that list... And I appreciate your rational responses...

Well, it seems like we're more or less on the same page on a lot of points. We're just stating things from opposite ends of the board to reach the middle. :) Thanks for your reasoned responses as well. It's nice to have the occasional debate with people who don't take it personally.

FigmentJedi

here you go

Also this one

[YOUTUBE]54srZLuYfb0[/YOUTUBE]

Again, I wish somebody who knew what they were doing themed-design wise got the Avatar license from Viacom.

DonaldDoleWhip

It still baffles me as to when popular became a synonym for good. But, yeah, it isn't worth arguing anymore.
Nobody (now) is saying that they are synonyms. Transformers is popular. Avatar is popular and good, according to objective standards that are used to judge the merits of a movie.

Even if I'm not a fan of the movie (don't know, haven't seen it), I expect Pandora to be a great, immersive, beautiful, detailed land that will allow AK to claim more of my time.

FigmentJedi

Nobody (now) is saying that they are synonyms. Transformers is popular. Avatar is popular and good, according to objective standards that are used to judge the merits of a movie.
Only Bay's Transformers are considered a bad version of the franchise. Well, maybe Bayformers and Beast Machines.

Captain Chaos

It still baffles me as to when popular became a synonym for good. But, yeah, it isn't worth arguing anymore.

Well, it seems like we're more or less on the same page on a lot of points. We're just stating things from opposite ends of the board to reach the middle. :) Thanks for your reasoned responses as well. It's nice to have the occasional debate with people who don't take it personally.

Taking it personally is silly on an internet forum... I don't understand the vile people feel they need to spew at others when people don't agree... it is silly.. Thankfully we have mods here who find them and kick them out..

We do agree on one point... Avatar is popular... However, we disagree on the movie itself.. And that's fine... I enjoyed Avatar.. In fact, i just watched it again this afternoon... I have no complaints other than it being super long... I cannot, however, classify it as a classic just yet... Maybe 20 years down the line it will be considered a classic like Star Wars, et al... It is too young of a franchise right now...

Now that the dead horse (can I say that here??? Sorry if I can't...) has been beaten, and everyone here continues to go in circles, I'll disappear to the new Avatar thread Steve created... Nice way to find the real details about this new land coming... Thanks for creating that thread Steve!!!

Captain Neo

Why would Disney ignore the military aspect of Avatar? They certainly didn't ignore it in Star Tours and I doubt they would do that here. Of course Avatar 2 will probably have completely new villains (maybe a different alien species) so they will probably focus on that.

Avatar II will almost assuredly be superior to the first movie and will probably become the 21st century equivalent to Empire Strikes Back. Here is proof:

Go watch the movie "Alien" then watch the sequel "Aliens"
Go watch the movie "The Terminator" then watch the sequel "T2:Judgement Day"

Same director. YEA

GLaDOS

Universal needs to expand Potter right now so I can have something to pacify my patience for Pandoraland. xD

Patience. It's coming. Along with some goodies for USF.

And the fans that are now claiming Avatar will put Universal out of business or that Uni should be scared are almost as hilarious as the fans saying Harry Potter was going to threaten massive amounts of Disney's attendance.

If you think either or these resorts want the other out of business, you're crazy.

Prototype82

If you think either or these resorts want the other out of business, you're crazy.
I know. It's ridiculous. It's fun to think of it as a competitive war between companies, but when people look at it as one economically hurting the other, they're nuts. It doesn't work like that.

GLaDOS

I know. It's ridiculous. It's fun to think of it as a competitive war between companies, but when people look at it as one economically hurting the other, they're nuts. It doesn't work like that.

There's no doubt a creative competition. But both resorts feed off of one another. And in the next 5-10 years, we're going to see that.

HMF

Most companies prefer hurting people to hurting other companies.

DisneyFan 2000

Just curious, but why is it exactly that Disney projects' budgets sky-rocket as they go along while Universal manages to keep a lid on even the most intricate innitiatives such as WWoHP?

Crockett

Banned
Most companies prefer hurting people to hurting other companies.
It's not that they "prefer" or get any sort of pleasure out of hurting people. It's called Capitalism. You do what you can to survive & thrive. Sometimes it isn't pretty...but it has to be done. Nothing wrong with exceeding in the business world.

Pioneer Hall

Just curious, but why is it exactly that Disney projects' budgets sky-rocket as they go along while Universal manages to keep a lid on even the most intricate innitiatives such as WWoHP?

I believe that most of it has to do with WDI billing. While it sounds crazy since they all work for the same company, WDI bills Parks and Resorts for working on a project. WWoHP would probably have cost double if Disney had done it.

HMF

It's not that they "prefer" or get any sort of pleasure out of hurting people. It's called Capitalism. You do what you can to survive & thrive. Sometimes it isn't pretty...but it has to be done. Nothing wrong with exceeding in the business world.

Does not mean I have to like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom