AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jones14

i asked earlier but no one never answered
how does the opening of Pandora compare to the opening of Carsland?
I can't speak to crowd levels, but from an operations perspective it was nearly perfect. Both rides survived opening day unscathed (to my knowledge), and ops has been universally praised for how they've been conducting crowd control.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Please do tell?

TheDad misspelled 'riled' as 'rialed.' I teased him by purposely misspelling 'dial' as 'dile', the subtext being how inconsistent English spelling is, so, it's no big deal. You and TheDad missed it and you decided to play Jr. Mod by jumping to his defense. Meanwhile, I already posted the punchline to him with a winkie, but, you missed that, too. I responded to you with a hint with 'spell' in the post, but you also missed that. And here I am explaining the joke to you which always makes it funnier.

mergatroid

TheDad misspelled 'riled' as 'rialed.' I teased him by purposely misspelling 'dial' as 'dile', the subtext being how inconsistent English spelling is, so, it's no big deal. You and TheDad missed it and you decided to play Jr. Mod by jumping to his defense. Meanwhile, I already posted the punchline to him with a winkie, but, you missed that, too. I responded to you with a hint with 'spell' in the post, but you also missed that. And here I am explaining the joke to you which always makes it funnier.

How dire you try to add a little humour to these boards, hang your head in shame MisterPenguin.

FigmentJedi

And I thought the "We know you forgot what this movie we built a land out of was" screenings at Disney Springs were bad.
tumblr_or6nn3NvAj1sa3t1go1_500.png

Cosmic Commando

My college had channels like that in the dorms. Five channels or so, five movies that would show around the clock. The movies changed monthly or weekly; I can't remember which. We all liked it; having the movies always there was an incentive to watch. This was before Netflix. :hilarious:

croboy82

I think it's a great idea too. You are not forced to watch and maybe you'll end up watching and loving it (if you haven't yet).

Roknrollrghostr

I do like that it is offered for you to watch at the resorts. One of the things I greatly enjoyed on DCL was a channel in the stateroom that had a huge assortment of past Disney films that you could watch on demand. We would go back to the room at some point each day to rest/get changed for dinner so we watched a few old favorites that I hadn't seen in a while. You could stop the movie and pick up where you left off later, which was awesome. I've always wished the resorts would offer something like that. I would much prefer that option to a loop but agree that offering Avatar to view on your resort TV is nice. After Pandora made it's debut I certainly wanted to watch it again.

No Name

Am I correct in understanding that this glorious spectacle does not occur regularly? I couldn't care less about the drones but that light work on and in the tree brought tears to my eyes and I was just watching the video on my phone!

There are projection shows ("awakenings") on the tree nightly. And they are quite spectacular.

But that specific show with the drones... no, that was only for the media event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom