Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

OvertheHorizon

Here is a ride schematic. Of course it doesn't show the different levels. I recall that upon entering there were ramps going down and other ramps going up. If you took the up ramp, additional steps were used to get to the top level.

upload_2017-5-22_8-12-2.png

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think this layer shows the ramps a little better. There was a bunch of text that was marked out in the middle (I'm guessing to protect the source) but you can see the darker block is the down ramp and the lighter one just below it is the up ramp.

On this lower layer you can also see the route of the River Journey below the queue

Incomudro

And I do love the fact that Flight of Passage caters to the senses. The scents and motion create an experience like no other. I'm typically not a big fan of screens, but in this attraction, you experience the flight, not watch a movie.
"Experience the flight, not watch a movie."
I like that line.
On the Potter rides, I often felt like I was watching a movie.
I don't feel that way on Star Tours.

ChrisM

How does the drop sensation compare to, say, Star Tours?

IIRC, there is at least one portion of Star Tours where you are pointed almost straight down and get some sort of sensation of a "drop". How do FOP drops compare to that?

Also, how many "drops" are there on FOP?

flyerjab

much better
i don think star tours comes close to FOP

THIS!!!

ST does not come close to FoP. On ST, although I enjoy it thoroughly, I really feel like I am on a simulator ride. Also, ST is a very rough ride. FoP is very smooth but still gives this incredible sensation of flight. I have to admit that I rode it 3 times and got completely consumed by it. I actually forgot that I was on a simulator at certain points as I couldn't help but get swept up by the experience.

Epcotfan21

Anyone experience any nauseating symptoms during the ride? I tend to get a weak stomach on 3D motion sims like Star Tours and Forbidden Journey and the countless other Universal 3D motion sim rides, but do fine on Soarin, which I realize isn't 3D, but people are comparing it to FoP.

JD2000

It sounds like a great ride, especially considering that it's just another screen based simulator. But I want to know, can you tilt your head and see the edge of the screen (that always breaks the immersion). And is the picture ever distorted like soarin' (also breaks the immersion)?

TalkingHead

Has anyone seen any negative reviews of FOP? I've seen nothing but praise.

Depends how you feel about Soarin'. If you think Soarin' is a WDI masterpiece, you're likely to think this is a more intense version.

If, on the other hand, you've always found Soarin' a bit overrated, you're going to think this is Soarin' 2.0 - mild motion, drops that aren't nearly as intense as Tower, a ride that plays fast and loose with "story" (like the never-seen winged dragon thing you've been paired with and are supposedly riding).

Lot of APs are raving about this. The general public is going to be a lot more ambivalent, I suspect.

gorillaball

THIS!!!
I have to admit that I rode it 3 times and got completely consumed by it. I actually forgot that I was on a simulator at certain points as I couldn't help but get swept up by the experience.

I'm seeing people riding it 3 & 4 times now whereas last week everyone in a preview period didn't even get to ride it once... is it going down less often? More theaters now open? Cycle time improved?

Incomudro

Depends how you feel about Soarin'. If you think Soarin' is a WDI masterpiece, you're likely to think this is a more intense version.

If, on the other hand, you've always found Soarin' a bit overrated, you're going to think this is Soarin' 2.0 - mild motion, drops that aren't nearly as intense as Tower, a ride that plays fast and loose with "story" (like the never-seen winged dragon thing you've been paired with and are supposedly riding).

Lot of APs are raving about this. The general public is going to be a lot more ambivalent, I suspect.
The general public loves Soarin'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom