Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

TalkingHead

Wow. Glad most disagree with this. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I don't think you were ever going to like it though, IMO. But I'm glad you at least experienced it for yourself.

Pretty big assumption. I didn't watch videos or read spoilers before going. I gave it a fair shot - people have been calling it one of the best rides in Orlando, so I was expecting more than a 3D Soarin', which is what this ride experience is. I thought the thrill factor would be greater. It didn't feel exhilarating any more than Soarin' does.

TalkingHead

Man, we could not disagree more within the laws of the natural universe. But as said above, your opinion is yours, and I respect that. Sad to hear that you pretty much don't care for this at all.

I think I'd like the ride better if I hadn't gotten burned out with all the screen-based rides to open in Orlando over the past decade. I really thought the ride was too tame to add much of a thrill factor. Anyway, I'm glad other folks love it - but I'd take Safari over this any time.

rushtest4echo

After 10 rides on FoP, I can say that it's the best screen based ride/simulator I've done hands down. While I'm also in the camp of Orlando screen ride burnout, this thing is spectacular. Certainly a top 10 ride for me and there aren't many screen based rides on that list!

Hope they sort out the restraint issues because I've sat there an average of 6 minutes for the load sequence which is just unacceptable. Wondering why they didn't come up with something like Wild Arctic with stationary/normal seats and a wheelchair platform even if it's a separate smaller theater/screen. Seems very short-sighted along with the restraint troubles.

This was probably already mentioned, but lean as far forward as possible for the best ride experience. It really improved every aspect of the ride especially the feeling of diving. Increased the thrill factor significantly for me.

rushtest4echo

I can't believe they let you ride with your rose-colored seat cushion.

@TalkingHead probably meant the comparison as a slight, but honestly my first few rides on Soarin were quite exhilarating back when DCA opened. In fact, that word is probably used a lot for Soarin's first time and repeat riders. Considering Soarin is BY FAR the best reviewed ride in Disney's modern stable- I'd consider the comparison a compliment even if he's not overly impressed. Soarin enjoys nearly universal praise, and FoP should strive to measure up to that without Universal levels of intensity and I think they've achieved that.

Kman101

I was number 6, then had to be moved to a number back because the second link chamber we moved to 6 wasn't working, thankfully 7 and 8 had bailed prior. I thought 7 was a great view of the screen. I really loved how they transition you from the panel to the screen, you don't even realize it's happening. Such a fantastic ride.

WDWTank

Also, I'm not sure about anyone else, but, initially I found Flight of Passage to be boring! Maybe its because it does not have a narrative or story going on while the Ride is in motion; I prefer rides like Dinosaur, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, pirates of the Caribbean, and Men in Black at Universal, for example.

Michael Pecora

We went to the passholder preview last night and were able to do FoP twice. The first time the posted wait time was 60 minutes, but it ended up being about 20 minutes. And that was mostly people holding up the line to look around as the queue is so incredibly detailed. When we finally sat down in our ride vehicle a CM came into our 'room' and pressed a button that brought up the back and leg restraints. After this there was some delay and we were in this position for about 10 minutes, although it felt a lot longer. This was quite uncomfortable. I have never been claustrophobic, but I was feeling it here and was starting to panic a little. The problem is that you are completely stuck and cannot move. Your stomach is pressed against the front and the thing is pressing against your back. I had an itch on my leg that I could not reach and we had no idea what was going on as the CM left after locking us in. You're looking at a little screen that shows your face and the face of the avatar and a progress bar. The bar was stuck at 65% for a very long time.

When the ride finally started I looked around and understood why you have to be stuck. The whole room you're in detaches and moves around violently, so they really don't want you to get out of your seat. I do feel that a CM should stay in the room until the ride starts. It was just weird that we were stuck in those chairs without knowing what was going on.

My daughter and I were on the ride at that time also. The reason for the delay was a loose panel in our section that they ended up removing. I assume that they ran the ride with the other rooms and that is why we ended up waiting for so long for it to reset.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom