News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

mickEblu

I love it! Looks fantastic. I’m so thrilled DAK and DCA get two very unique experiences. So much better than copy-paste Hogsmead for the millionth time.

It makes ab-so-friggen-lutely no sense in the backlot at DCA… but at least it looks awesome.

Why has everyone moved on so quickly away from the backlot? We have multiple independent sources that have converged on that plot and the details of this agree with all their leaks.

The only reason they are using ‘maybes’ is because the next hurdle is the DL Forward approval and they don’t want to appear too keen to invest regardless. It’s a ploy, but it’s also very, very real.

Agree with all this except it not making sense in the backlot. Why not? It’ll be its own land. Not sure if Hollywood Blvd will stick around or get absorbed by BVS but it’ll be its own land. Or do you mean it doesn’t make sense at DCA?

BrianLo

Agree with all this except it not making sense in the backlot. Why not? It’ll be its own land. Not sure if Hollywood Blvd will stick around or get absorbed by BVS but it’ll be its own land. Or do you mean it doesn’t make sense at DCA?

Ya I just mean from the long lost thematic Disney ‘California’ lens. Buena Vista to Pandora to Avengers Campus is also weird. But maybe there will be some ‘gate’ or portal.

BUT, I don’t care. Theme be damned I’m ready for a massive E Ticket boat ride at DCA. Principles out the window on my end. 😅

mickEblu

Ya I just mean from the long lost thematic Disney ‘California’ lens. Buena Vista to Pandora to Avengers Campus is also weird. But maybe there will be some ‘gate’ or portal.

BUT, I don’t care. Theme be damned I’m ready for a massive E Ticket boat ride at DCA. Principles out the window on my end. 😅

Lol yeah same here. I gave up on the California theme after Mission Breakout. I mean even Cars Land has nothing to do with California.

britain

Looks like Scotty n the team learned a few lessons from GE and are trying incorporate more kinetic energy with Avatar Land. Design the kinetic energy as part of the main ride and it won’t be cut like the “unnecessary” third attraction or all the streetmosphere was cut from GE.

Something tells me that this was conceived to replace the sub lagoon, even if it ends up in DCA. So naturally, it would probably be inspired by the kinetics of the subs.

BrianLo

Something tells me that this was conceived to replace the sub lagoon, even if it ends up in DCA. So naturally, it would probably be inspired by the kinetics of the subs.

I think that’s a good theory! Evolved into something bigger. We know Galaxy’s Edge bounced around several sites at both DLR and WDW before it settled.

I’m incredibly excited everyone gets to experience the SDL boat tech, hopefully. Still my favourite ‘ride’ in the world and it’s been a shame the tech hasn’t been used again so far. Pandora meanwhile is my favourite land they’ve done in the states. A lot of potential here and DCA really needs it.

CaptinEO

Until Disneyland Forward is approved, I refuse to get excited about anything they announce that "could" or "might" be coming to a park near you. At this stage, this is more Disney Nothing Burger (TM - Mobile order yours today!).
This. Disney is all talk now and no action. The fact they share concept art for something that is likely 7 years away is a joke.

MagicWDI

Anyone else feel Bob is kicking the can down the road knowing he won't be in charge in 2 years to fund any of this stuff?
Not this is guy. I've been having my ear to the ground and there certainly seems to be a lot of motion already happening. Not to mention, at this point it would be almost dangerous to be creating this much hype and not act on it. Bob is definitely acting bullish, and with the amount of grins we keep seeing on their faces, it certainly feels like this year's d23 will be a fun one.

D.Silentu

Well, D23 came early this year! I'm thrilled with this vision of a Pandora land. The circular rock formations, waterfalls, tide pools and they even managed to include some floating land masses! It's a very nice collage of what makes the planet so enthralling. Even more exciting is the evidence of Shanghai's Pirates attraction. Without a doubt Avatar, a series focused around the cutting edge visual effects, is the ideal fit for this ride system. It certainly can't hurt that a lot of Pandoran elements have already been developed for Animal Kingdom.

truecoat

I love the water features! If this is their true plan, I hope they keep it close to this. I see several paths of water entering the water pots before going into the ride lagoon. There's a geyser in the middle and waves crashing in the background which could be a cool effect. This doesn't count the waterfalls on the other side.

Building Galaxy's Edge with one water feature you can't even really appreciate was a mistake. This would be a very cool site to see.
Water features.png

D.Silentu

Why has everyone moved on so quickly away from the backlot? We have multiple independent sources that have converged on that plot and the details of this agree with all their leaks.
Oh and also everyone not to forget - Pandora is contingent on DL Forward for the parking garage, not because it’s going west of Disneyland drive.
Thank you. I was thinking likewise and nearly posted the same.

mickEblu

I love the water features! If this is their true plan, I hope they keep it close to this. I see several paths of water entering the water pots before going into the ride lagoon. There's a geyser in the middle and waves crashing in the background which could be a cool effect. This doesn't count the waterfalls on the other side.

Building Galaxy's Edge with one water feature you can't even really appreciate was a mistake. This would be a very cool site to see.
View attachment 776878

Last time I went on ROTR a few weeks ago that one water feature wasn’t even turned on. The only water we saw in the land came from daughters thermos.

truecoat

Oh and also everyone not to forget - Pandora is contingent on DL Forward for the parking garage, not because it’s going west of Disneyland drive.

This is why we have maybes, they do really need the city council not to kibosh things.

I thought it would be contingent of DL Forward to take advantage of the extra space from the bus dropoff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom