News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

denyuntilcaught

I said 'It's this:' followed by the link. Not sure how much more clear I could be ...
I suggest being a bit more clear if there's obviously confusion.

By "it" you mean what's going into Singapore or DCA? Or are you saying what's going into Singapore will be ultimately what ends up in DCA? I'm simply asking for clarity.

Lastly, we're talking about opaque details of some nebulous attraction that's happening at some indeterminate point in time. No need to be rude.

Stevek

It wasn't any of those things. It was dumb, because when you look at a satellite image, north is always up. When you used to have to travel by map, they never aligned north to anything but up. People that are used to seeing satellite images of DLR are used to seeing the DCA gate at the north of the park. Changing it is just confusing for no reason. And those that aren't used to seeing those images don't much care, so you might as well leave it the same way.
Just stop. It's a Disneyland Resort board. People here understand the layout of the park and it feels like you are just being petty and argumentative. I just don't get why anyone would come here and plant a flag on the "your map is upside down" hill.

Stevek

I knew someone would say this. Blah.

Again, I'm sorry if it's triggering/annoying/problematic to you, but that's what I went with, believing it would be easier for most of us to understand where everything is in relation to the corner lot.

Maybe you could make your own image and post it.

View attachment 754115View attachment 754117
You're fine. I'd just let it go at this point. This board is full of folks that will pick you apart for even the most minor in unimportant things.

mickEblu

Just stop. It's a Disneyland Resort board. People here understand the layout of the park and it feels like you are just being petty and argumentative. I just don't get why anyone would come here and plant a flag on the "your map is upside down" hill.

Yeah I’m confused as well. Lol. Everyone here knows the layout of the park. In addition I’d argue that most people would prefer to see the park entrance at the bottom of the image.

Kamikaze

I suggest being a bit more clear if there's obviously confusion.

By "it" you mean what's going into Singapore or DCA? Or are you saying what's going into Singapore will be ultimately what ends up in DCA? I'm simply asking for clarity.

Lastly, we're talking about opaque details of some nebulous attraction that's happening at some indeterminate point in time. No need to be rude.
I am sorry that the complexity of this conversation has confused you, @denyuntilcaught

Let me clarify my statements.

"It" is referring to the 'Avatar'-based project mentioned at IAAPA, which was previously announced way back in February by Robert A. Iger, The Walt Disney Company's CEO, at the company's February earnings report. Earnings reports are where the previous quarters financial numbers are shared with stakeholders. For more information see: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/earningsreport.asp

I am stating that the project they are going to put in is the walkthrough that is currently in Singapore, called Avatar: The Experience, which I previously linked to but will do so again:

I further stated that it will go into the building (referred to as soundstage in my previous post, I can see how someone might get confused by the terminology here if they are newbies to Disney) that most recently housed the Avengers Superstore. I have conveniently attached a map with the building this attraction will go into circled in red to help you locate the building:

Screenshot 2023-11-15 074211.png

This is not the only Avatar project that is planned for DLR. However, it IS the project that was referred to in February and at IAAPA. A further development that is more in line with what exists at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park (which is located at Walt Disney World in Florida) is also something that has been discussed and will most likely move forward at some point, pending Disneyland Forward's approval. Any possible additional project(s) will not connect with or be located near this project.

Note: Disneyland Forward is a plan by Disney to re-zone much of the land Disney owns in Anaheim so they can use it for theme park and entertainment use. It will go in front of the Anaheim City Council to be voted on for their approval sometime in early 2024. You can read more about this at https://www.disneylandforward.com

Again, @denyuntilcaught I apologize for confusing you. Hopefully this has clarified everything and you are now able to understand the conversation correctly. Please feel free to ask any more questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Like I said previously, if they are simply replicating the Avatar Experience from Singapore, why don't they just have it replace Star Wars Launch Bay, which is located here.View attachment 754280
It won't fit without retrofitting that building. The Avengers Superstore building is huge and empty and they can do whatever they need to with it to get the sets & animatronics inside & setup. Fitting those into Launch Bay would probably require removing sections of the second floor.

Plus the DVC lounge currently occupies the 2nd floor.

Last edited:

mlayton144

Whatever they do , it had better include alot of nature (trees, shrubs) to go with whatever created wildlife to support the avatar theme , if they can bulldoze some existing warehouses and rip out some concrete in the the process even better. Bulldoze all of avengers campus and Hollywood land and make it a welcoming place.

SteveAZee

I wanted the main gate at the bottom, like most conventional theme park maps. Sorry if it's annoying/problematic/triggering/etc. to you.

View attachment 754106
FWIW, I'm not annoyed/triggered... it just took me a while to figure out what is what when a satellite image is upside down. I'm posting this mostly as an issue around communication in general and providing feedback on how some people (i.e. me) perceive a particular communication (in this case, a map highlighting something) might be useful to the communicator. No offense intended... just passing on my personal perception.

denyuntilcaught

I am sorry that the complexity of this conversation has confused you, @denyuntilcaught

Let me clarify my statements.

"It" is referring to the 'Avatar'-based project mentioned at IAAPA, which was previously announced way back in February by Robert A. Iger, The Walt Disney Company's CEO, at the company's February earnings report. Earnings reports are where the previous quarters financial numbers are shared with stakeholders. For more information see: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/earningsreport.asp

I am stating that the project they are going to put in is the walkthrough that is currently in Singapore, called Avatar: The Experience, which I previously linked to but will do so again:

I further stated that it will go into the building (referred to as soundstage in my previous post, I can see how someone might get confused by the terminology here if they are newbies to Disney) that most recently housed the Avengers Superstore. I have conveniently attached a map with the building this attraction will go into circled in red to help you locate the building:

View attachment 754266
This is not the only Avatar project that is planned for DLR. However, it IS the project that was referred to in February and at IAAPA. A further development that is more in line with what exists at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park (which is located at Walt Disney World in Florida) is also something that has been discussed and will most likely move forward at some point, pending Disneyland Forward's approval. Any possible additional project(s) will not connect with or be located near this project.

Note: Disneyland Forward is a plan by Disney to re-zone much of the land Disney owns in Anaheim so they can use it for theme park and entertainment use. It will go in front of the Anaheim City Council to be voted on for their approval sometime in early 2024. You can read more about this at https://www.disneylandforward.com

Again, @denyuntilcaught I apologize for confusing you. Hopefully this has clarified everything and you are now able to understand the conversation correctly. Please feel free to ask any more questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them for you.
Thanks for doing the work!

So we agree. Awesome.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

As for the attractions Avatar could have if it came to DLR I am wondering if this patent which looks like it could be an evolved version of the original Avengers E ticket Quinjet with better capacity, could be used for a next one version FOP that mixes large scale sets and digital media. Then throw in either a boat ride or a D ticket where the Sunset theater is or both and you got a decent sized land.

October82

Very interesting indeed. If this layout is their plan I have to admit I appreciate that the contemporary non-Disney lands are being zoned together, and in a way that doesn't interrupt the original flow of the park.

The Disneyland Forward concept art (including this map) that have been released are not serious plans, but are meant to message what mixed use development looks like to the the public. Disney's goal here isn't expansion for either park or even getting a third gate done, it's to get what amounts to zoning reforms in place so Disney can develop their land without going through an extended planning approval process.

I would be absolutely shocked if anything resembling the concept art they've released happens.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

The Disneyland Forward concept art (including this map) that have been released are not serious plans, but are meant to message what mixed use development looks like to the the public. Disney's goal here isn't expansion for either park or even getting a third gate done, it's to get what amounts to zoning reforms in place so Disney can develop their land without going through an extended planning approval process.

I would be absolutely shocked if anything resembling the concept art they've released happens.
Agreed. DCA needs more indoor family rides and if Hollywoodland becomes Avatar, the Simba lot would be where to put them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom