News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

Ghost93

Maybe when he says a "version" of Pandora is coming to Disneyland, he could be implying that it will focus on a different area of Pandora than what we got at the Animal Kingdom. Maybe the Disneyland version of Pandora will recreate the Metkayaina water tribe's village and there will be an underwater attraction.

Mickey5150

If it indeed is a “version of” the land it better be going in DCA and not Disneyland. But where could it go in DCA? Hollywood backlot/ Eastern Gateway expansion area or Simba lot for “Disneyland” Forward? Would seem like it’s premature to announce something for either of these areas. Especially the latter.
In DCA it could replace the Grizzly Peak area. An Avatar movie for Soarin, Pandora river run, Smokejumpers grill already looks like Satuli Canteen. That whole corner of DCA is primed for Pandora overlay.

mickEblu

In DCA it could replace the Grizzly Peak area. An Avatar movie for Soarin, Pandora river run, Smokejumpers grill already looks like Satuli Canteen. That whole corner of DCA is primed for Pandora overlay.

I thought it but didn’t want to put it in the Universe. I really hope this is not it. I feel like the Grand Californian saves that area but nothing is really safe anymore. They could retheme the hotel too. With that said, I don’t think this is the move. They know they have to ADD stuff. Can’t keep retheming at DCA.

Consumer

Put it in DCA, where the leftovers and things that don’t belong should always go.
Sad that DCA has returned to being that park. It all went downhill when they destroyed Tower of Terror.

mickEblu

Maybe when he says a "version" of Pandora is coming to Disneyland, he could be implying that it will focus on a different area of Pandora than what we got at the Animal Kingdom. Maybe the Disneyland version of Pandora will recreate the Metkayaina water tribe's village and there will be an underwater attraction.

Possibly which would put us back at subs/ Autopia. From a resort wide perspective though it would be crazy if the next big addition went to Disneyland too.

Californian Elitist

Sad that DCA has returned to being that park. It all went downhill when they destroyed Tower of Terror.
Sad, indeed. The park was on a great track, then they had to ruin it. I agree that that ruination started with the removal of ToT.

Since they don’t care, I don’t care either. It’s always been second best to the greatness across the way anyway. Sad, but it is what it is.

Ghost93

Put it in DCA, where the leftovers and things that don’t belong should always go.
I've never been to DCA — just Disneyland — but my impression was always that DCA was meant to target a slightly older audience and be generally more thrilling than Disneyland, so from that standpoint, I think Pandora would be a good fit for DCA. Frankly, I think Galaxy's Edge would also have thematically been better at DCA than Disneyland.

mickEblu

I have no concept of size, but if that wasn't a concern I'd like to see Alpha Centauri Expeditions Presents Flight of Passage where Launch Bay is. Use the same preshow that Cosmic Rewind uses to teleport us to Pandora.

If Tomorrowland had to be IP-fied, I think one neat way would be to return to its corporate-sponsored World's Fair-esque roots but with a mix of fictional companies/institutions (ACE, Stark, ENCOM, San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, etc.).

I personally don't care where it ends up in DCA because I don't think it belongs there (but given the growing disparity in ride count between DL and DCA I don't think we have much of a choice).

I don’t think Launch Bay on its own is enough room. It would definitely require some of the Subs/Autopia real estate.

I gave up on DCA after Mission Breakout. I don’t care what lands they add there as long as they don’t touch Grizzly Peak.

Californian Elitist

I've never been to DCA — just Disneyland — but my impression was always that DCA was meant to target a slightly older audience and be generally more thrilling than Disneyland, so from that standpoint, I think Pandora would be a good fit for DCA. Frankly, I think Galaxy's Edge would also have thematically been better at DCA than Disneyland.
The California part, though…

mickEblu

Since they don’t care, I don’t care either.

This is a great approach. I’ve been using it when my favorite sports teams lose and I see that I’m more upset at the loss than the millionaire players.

Of course because I’ll always find a way to outthink myself, in the case of DCA, it can get sad again when you realize there very well may be people inside the company that do care. They re just not winning.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If this is a meet and greet, they can probably have it ready to coincide with the release of Way of Water on Disney+... if it's an actual attraction, I assume they are targeting to have it ready by the release of Avatar 4? (or possibly 5?)

mickEblu

Right. SMH.

I came across a reel of OG DCA on Instagram. Sometimes I wish some of the original remnants were still here. It was more true to California than the current version.

I went once a few months after it opened in 2001 and forgot it existed until about 2010. So I must not have been impressed. With that said, I was 19 and starting the beginning of a decade of my life where Disneyland just wasn’t so present. I think I went a total of 5 times between 2000 and 2010. I don’t even remember the 50th anniversary being on my radar.

Californian Elitist

I went once a few months after it opened in 2001 and forgot it existed until about 2010. So I must not have been impressed. With that said, I was 19 and starting the beginning of a decade of my life where Disneyland just wasn’t so present. I think I went a total of 5 times between 2000 and 2010. I don’t even remember the 50th anniversary being on my radar.
It was definitely a time lol. The only thing you may have missed out on is the references to the original. I wasn’t impressed either, but I did visit many, many times.

mickEblu

It was definitely a time lol. The only thing you may have missed out on is the references to the original. I wasn’t impressed either, but I did visit many, many times.

Lol.

Like somehow even the 5x I went to Disneyland that decade it’s like DCA didn’t even exist 100 feet away. Wish I would have went to DL once for the 50th though.

denyuntilcaught

The 50th was the first year I had a pass. Absolutely incredible feeling being there during the celebration.

Also can't believe we're talking about it being almost twenty years ago...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom