News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

mickEblu

My reading between the lines is that they still have basically on clue what they're going to do...

Yup. But apparently it’s “big.” My vote/ guess/ hope is still on the Hollywood backlot and beyond. It’s the only place that really makes sense pre Disneyland Forward unless of course this is Disneyland Forward phase one.

TP2000

“And lastly, a project that was announced by Bob Iger,” Potrock told the OC Forum audience. “By the way, a surprise to me. Not kidding. It’s great when you hear from your boss what you’re doing.”

Three months later, Disneyland planners are still waiting to find out “what the heck we’re going to do” and how the Avatar experience will fit into the 500-acre theme park resort.

“Our Imagineers are working with Jim Cameron and his team,” Potrock said. “We’re going to share lots more details as they become available, by the way, as I become aware of what the heck we’re going to do. But stay tuned, it’s going to be really exciting. We’re thinking bold.”

Potrock’s joking and jesting comments drew laughter from the hundreds of business and city leaders in the audience at the OC Forum."

Okay, now that's funny! Hats off to Mr. Potrock for being a real human and not talking like an AI chatbot from HR & Marketing.

In this current age (hopefully ending) of fake and cringey prepared statements about "immersive multi-cultural lifestyle spaces" (AKA, a strip mall with a patio), it's very refreshing to hear a senior exec speak so candidly and with genuine personality.

Bravo, Mr. Potrock! Keep that realness going, please!

My reading between the lines is that they still have basically on clue what they're going to do...

No kidding! The Disneyland President even admitted as much, so no reading between lines needed. 🤣

But what I think we can now say with confidence is that this is not something that will be opening any time in the next three years. They still don't even know what they're going to do yet, so it's early in the design phase. Even if they just clone that Soarin' With Blue Alien ride from DAK, it's going to be 2028 at the earliest before it opens in Anaheim.

I think we can safely tuck this one away for at least a year or two and let them figure out "what they heck we're going to do" in the immortal and hilarious words of Mr. Potrock.

J4546

DCA could def use a major water ride imo and Id love if they built a new Avatar land with a ride that uses Shanghais PotC ride system. Like a new upgraded Navi River Journey, that would be amazing imo. Only major problem is Avatar doesnt really fit into the DCA theme

Suspirian

DCA could def use a major water ride imo and Id love if they built a new Avatar land with a ride that uses Shanghais PotC ride system. Like a new upgraded Navi River Journey, that would be amazing imo. Only major problem is Avatar doesnt really fit into the DCA theme

It's really time to just rip the bandaid off and change DCA's name. There really is no use in reaching for things to slightly be on theme if the goal is to just use IPs in the park.

Consumer

It's really time to just rip the bandaid off and change DCA's name. There really is no use in reaching for things to slightly be on theme if the goal is to just use IPs in the park.
I would rather they include Avatar in Hollywood Land in the same way Star Tours is in DHS than have DCA abandon its theme.

Suspirian

I would rather they include Avatar in Hollywood Land in the same way Star Tours is in DHS than have DCA abandon its theme.

Honestly i feel like wanted to tie everything in ever so slightly to the California theme but only doing IPs is whats holding the park back. Its why we end up with generic Marvel land instead of like Wakanda or Asgard or why we get Pixar Pier instead of something actually interesting from any given Pixar film. Raya still has her meet in greet in Grizzly Peak nothing makes sense!! Im just saying if you're going to do the IP thing lets actually do it! it feels like they always have one foot in one foot out with DCA’s California theme.

BlakeW39

Despite the weak integrations of recent additions, DCA has not changed its name nor dedication as a park about California.

But there aren't any strong, underlying themes that tie the park together anymore. Some of it is loosely based on California, and some of it isn't. I don't think the park has too much depth beyond that. DCA used to have central themes... but it doesn't anymore. It's the posterchild of Disney turning all its parks into ride the movies type concepts. Next to DHS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom