Avatar construction aerial updates

phi2134

Nearmap has updated their images of the Orlando area. The images of the Avatar area show pretty much what we have seen in other recent aerials.
From the nearmap, can you tell where the boat ride might be? I dont see anything that looks like a channel or a place where a ride system might go.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the nearmap, can you tell where the boat ride might be? I dont see anything that looks like a channel or a place where a ride system might go.

There is no evidence in the aerials that the boat ride is going to go outside. You can see the track in this image going into what is likely the maintenance bay,

boatride%20track_zpszxqcqr3g.jpg

FerretAfros

There is no evidence in the aerials that the boat ride is going to go outside. You can see the track in this image going into what is likely the maintenance bay,

boatride%20track_zpszxqcqr3g.jpg
I'm not convinced that portion of the track will be outdoors. If you look at the grade beam/retaining wall foundation under the X-bracing, you can see that it continues to the right on a diagonal, toward the edge of the opening in the taller structure. I would guess that they're leaving it open for now to facilitate installation of large equipment inside the building, and then they'll complete the structure later.

Given how much of DAK's already-limited attraction roster is impacted by weather, I can't imagine that they would build a new ride with such a limited outdoor portion simply for a few seconds of novelty. The outdoor portion of DL's it's a small world is miserable in the rain; a similar setup in WDW would be even worse with the frequency and intensity of Florida's storms, and would add nothing of value to the ride

dstrawn9889

I'm not convinced that portion of the track will be outdoors. If you look at the grade beam/retaining wall foundation under the X-bracing, you can see that it continues to the right on a diagonal, toward the edge of the opening in the taller structure. I would guess that they're leaving it open for now to facilitate installation of large equipment inside the building, and then they'll complete the structure later.

Given how much of DAK's already-limited attraction roster is impacted by weather, I can't imagine that they would build a new ride with such a limited outdoor portion simply for a few seconds of novelty. The outdoor portion of DL's it's a small world is miserable in the rain; a similar setup in WDW would be even worse with the frequency and intensity of Florida's storms, and would add nothing of value to the ride
yes, this has been mentioned... now where would be the easiest place to add boats to the canal? the maintenance bay. and since they have to load, what, say 100 boats? i would say it is open still for that reason

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I never thought that area would be open to the outdoors.

EdC

Agreed. There is certainly a 45 degree wall placed there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom