Avatar construction aerial updates

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I assume that's Shanghai's Pirates, correct? And what about other boat rides? Like our Pirates?

Here is a comparison. Na'vi river journey marked in blue on the left, MK Pirates on the right.

Capture5.jpg

TP2000

Pirates appears to be about a 3.21 acre show building, Navi River Journey, 0.6 acres.

Further design details are leaking out about Shanghai's impressive Pirates ride. Here's the building overlay, which includes the restaurant and queue. It's a big complex, but very tightly put together.

9412476_secrets-behind-shanghai-disneylands-pirates_t86e34cb3.jpg

Bonus points for someone who could overlay the satellite shots of Shanghai's Pirates over the Navi River Journey building to help determine how the scale might be different.

Perhaps the Navi River Journey will be more along the scale of Disneyland's Storybook Land Canal Boats? Storybook Land is a very charming and small scale (literally) ride that uses little real estate yet is still 7 minutes long.

Mike S

Here is a comparison. Na'vi river journey marked in blue on the left, MK Pirates on the right.

View attachment 145164
Acre comparison?
Further design details are leaking out about Shanghai's impressive Pirates ride. Here's the building overlay, which includes the restaurant and queue. It's a big complex, but very tightly put together.

Bonus points for someone who could overlay the satellite shots of Shanghai's Pirates over the Navi River Journey building to help determine how the scale might be different.

Perhaps the Navi River Journey will be more along the scale of Disneyland's Storybook Land Canal Boats? Storybook Land is a very charming and small scale (literally) ride that uses little real estate yet is still 7 minutes long.
Storybook Land? Wow. That totally shoots down all hope for something amazing here, lol. I just wish they'd release more info to stop all the ups and downs of the speculation!!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Base on this it appears the ride path is about 2.6 acres.

HouseHacker97

Base on this it appears the ride path is about 2.6 acres.

It doesn't seem that bad then. Pirates already has to be a much bigger ride than what is described as a relaxing river journey, and considering that disney probably will use the same system that takes advantage of screens and boats that stop and rotate, I'm sure they will deliver a ride that feels much larger and longer

Slowjack

It doesn't seem that bad then. Pirates already has to be a much bigger ride than what is described as a relaxing river journey, and considering that disney probably will use the same system that takes advantage of screens and boats that stop and rotate, I'm sure they will deliver a ride that feels much larger and longer
It's anyone's guess how long the ride will feel. But keep in mind that It's a Small World is a relaxing river journey, and the show building is huge. Screens help extend space, but you still need large areas to put them in. I guess I'm saying I'm hopeful--but concerned.

twebber55

It's anyone's guess how long the ride will feel. But keep in mind that It's a Small World is a relaxing river journey, and the show building is huge. Screens help extend space, but you still need large areas to put them in. I guess I'm saying I'm hopeful--but concerned.
i think you re looking at 5 minutes....not long enough for an E ticket but a solid indoor ride which DAK needs

HouseHacker97

It's a Small World is a relaxing river journey, and the show building is huge. Screens help extend space, but you still need large areas to put them in.

:D Small World feels like a century long ride tho lol :D
You do have a point. But i'd bet Disney has learned quite a bit in innovation after recent usage, and they did manage to squeeze in a ton of screens in POTC at Shanghai. In the labeled diagram picture posted earlier, the screens didn't appear to take up THAT much space, it seemed like they could do the same with the amount of space in the NRJ building. Just IMO tho

Stripes

Calculating the ratios of the ride buildings, and equating the length of POTC Shanghai with that ratio, you get approximately 3 minutes 14 seconds. A bit short. However, assuming that NRJ is slower and has no drops, I'd say you could easily get 5 minutes out of this, possibly 5:30.

Note: this is just the ride, excluding Barbossa's restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom