Avatar construction aerial updates

Skibum1970

I figure that we give Shanghai the benefit of the doubt. Yes, it was over budget and didn't quite deliver. However, it is a viable theme park and could rake in the dough. MM+ and NextGen really doesn't have much to show for the $4.0B+ spent on it. If Disney was so NextGen, they could rig a live camera feed to show current construction on Avatar. Cheapskates.

twebber55

I figure that we give Shanghai the benefit of the doubt. Yes, it was over budget and didn't quite deliver. However, it is a viable theme park and could rake in the dough. MM+ and NextGen really doesn't have much to show for the $4.0B+ spent on it. If Disney was so NextGen, they could rig a live camera feed to show current construction on Avatar. Cheapskates.
im thinking they want to keep this project as quiet as possible or maybe Cameron does. i mean why not put the model on display which would be another attraction in DAK

Skibum1970

im thinking they want to keep this project as quiet as possible or maybe Cameron does. i mean why not put the model on display which would be another attraction in DAK

Yeah, I figured as much myself. Still, I really enjoyed watching Valravn being built on the webcams for Cedar Point. I know that it is a different type of park/ride but it is still fun. Although, it's probably a good thing that they don't have a webcam as I might never get any work done.

Cesar R M

Technically they did show MyMagic advancements.
Its just that most of them had nothing to do with the supposed offers Iger and co loved to spread everywhere (aka trying to make it it was the best since sliced bread to the visitors, when in reality it was a management tool and upgrade to systems).
Aka It was mere a tool and upgrade to an antiquate backend/servers/systems/communications.

HouseHacker97

IMG_0928.JPG

RSoxNo1

So speculation is that Na'vi River Journey will use the same ride system as Battle for Sunken Treasure (Shanghai). Do good aerials exist of the two show buildings to compare the size? I assumed based on a traditional flume that Na'vi River Journey would be in the 4-5 minute range, but the new ride system may alter that significantly.

Last edited:

HouseHacker97

So speculation is that Na'vi River Journey will use the same ride system as Battle for Buccaneer Gold. Do good aerials exist of the two show buildings to compare the size? I assumed based on a traditional flume that Na'vi River Journey would be in the 4-5 minute range, but the new ride system may alter that significantly.

do you mean POTC? i think battle for buccaneer gold is a virtual ride at disneyquest

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So speculation is that Na'vi River Journey will use the same ride system as Battle for Sunken Treasure (Shanghai). Do good aerials exist of the two show buildings to compare the size? I assumed based on a traditional flume that Na'vi River Journey would be in the 4-5 minute range, but the new ride system may alter that significantly.

Pirates appears to be about a 3.21 acre show building, Navi River Journey, 0.6 acres.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom