Avatar construction aerial updates

Tom

Beta Return
It does look like a path, but it's really to early in the process for that, that is usually one of the last things they do.

Agreed. Everything that looks like a path is really just construction access. Pavement will be last, er, well, second to last. Landscape will be last.

the floating mtns and the bioluminescent forest are the two most fascinating parts of this expansion to me.... im sure the rides will be good but im really curious about these path ways and if they light up at night

The mountains fascinate me the most. There is some SERIOUS engineering and construction going into having them appear to float.

I know- the artwork that was shown was breathtaking. The guy who was in charge of the rock work for CarsLand and DisneySea Mysterious Island is doing AvatarLand. The bioluminescent will be ground breaking

I was tired of people being so negative toward the project. It will be ground breaking to the theme park business.lots of good stuff coming to the park

I agree. As with New Fantasyland, I truly believe the land itself will be the attraction, with the rides as a bonus. The hardscape and landscape will be mesmerizing.

EdC

im interested in the area just north of the rides (2nd picture)...looks like they are ready to poor paths
What I'm interested in the second picture is the separate rectangle within the larger show room building. I'm guessing that's where the load/unload will take place.

Although I'm fairly certain the pour to the north of the rides is for the waterfall as others have stated, if there will be an outside portion of the boat ride, now is when we should start to see those portions cast in place as well.

With such a large space between the floating mountain facade and the banshee ride, I wonder if the banshee show building exterior will be themed to the 'Tree of Souls' for the boat ride? The building seems to be gaining some additional features that I couldn't discern in the leaked plans.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What I'm interested in the second picture is the separate rectangle within the larger show room building. I'm guessing that's where the load/unload will take place.

Although I'm fairly certain the pour to the north of the rides is for the waterfall as others have stated, if there will be an outside portion of the boat ride, now is when we should start to see those portions cast in place as well.

With such a large space between the floating mountain facade and the banshee ride, I wonder if the banshee show building exterior will be themed to the 'Tree of Souls' for the boat ride? The building seems to be gaining some additional features that I couldn't discern in the leaked plans.

I am not really seeing any place where the boat ride could possible leave the concrete area. What we still don't know is how much of that area will be enclosed in a building.

There appears to be a lot of space between the ride and the façade, but remember they haven't actually built the outside wall of the show building yet. I have marked where that will go with a red line.

Capture.JPG

cjkeating

Is anyone a bit concerned about the boat rides potential lack of ambition?

The footprint of the concrete doesn't look huge, I am presuming it is going to be on one level and have no drops... putting it in It's A Small World territory as opposed to at least Maelstrom (rip) never mind Pirates or Splash (wishful thinking I know).

HauntedMansionFLA

The footprint of the concrete doesn't look huge, I am presuming it is going to be on one level and have no drops... putting it in It's A Small World territory as opposed to at least Maelstrom (rip) never mind Pirates or Splash (wishful thinking I know).
I know - the only Picture I remember seeing is the family in a boat that looked pretty cool. Never heard any details and I guess they haven't released any information. Hopefully its like Pirates or Splash. Mystery to me.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Someone posted a picture around here somewhere that showed the Small World show building on top of the Avatar space. I think the boat ride will be a little smaller than IASW, probably on par with Living with the Land. I would be surprised if it had drops like Splash.

Tom

Beta Return
I am not really seeing any place where the boat ride could possible leave the concrete area. What we still don't know is how much of that area will be enclosed in a building.

There appears to be a lot of space between the ride and the façade, but remember they haven't actually built the outside wall of the show building yet. I have marked where that will go with a red line.

View attachment 82548

From what I can tell, the boat ride will either venture outside the concrete slab area.....or they've changed the boat ride layout since the plans were leaked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom