Avatar construction aerial updates

flyerjab

Just noticed the rebar too. Looks like we should see some paths soon!

I have been interested in the paths for this expansion. Recalling the concept art and the D23 video, one of the features depicted was the paths glowing beneath the feet of the people walking through the expansion. This is something that shown as intrinsic to the forests of Pandora - bioluminescence. I will be curious to see if the paths are simply your basic walking paths, or if the money has been spent on technology to actually have the paths light up as you walk on them at night.

msteel

This waterfall:

Grabbed-Frame-541.jpg

And, I am pretty sure I saw a hi-res version of this shot somewhere else, but I can't find it. The only version I can find is the one I linked from http://jefflangedvd.com

Cesar R M

I have been interested in the paths for this expansion. Recalling the concept art and the D23 video, one of the features depicted was the paths glowing beneath the feet of the people walking through the expansion. This is something that shown as intrinsic to the forests of Pandora - bioluminescence. I will be curious to see if the paths are simply your basic walking paths, or if the money has been spent on technology to actually have the paths light up as you walk on them at night.
they probably have to pour the foundations first, then the cabling..etc..

I wonder what kind of plastic, glass or system will Disney use.
Since it will need to handle a lot of people stepping (including hard shoes and boots)

TomP

they probably have to pour the foundations first, then the cabling..etc..

I wonder what kind of plastic, glass or system will Disney use.
Since it will need to handle a lot of people stepping (including hard shoes and boots)

Perhaps a technique like they use in the walkways in FW?

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
doubt that would hold up on something that gets walked on by 8-10 million shoes annualy... the aggregate is made for rough applications

I was really thinking the glow in the dark foliage and such more than pavement but I see your point. The paint itself can be a variety of colors but when a current is applied it glows blue or yellow/green.

twebber55

I was really thinking the glow in the dark foliage and such more than pavement but I see your point. The paint itself can be a variety of colors but when a current is applied it glows blue or yellow/green.
the floating mtns and the bioluminescent forest are the two most fascinating parts of this expansion to me.... im sure the rides will be good but im really curious about these path ways and if they light up at night

HauntedMansionFLA

the floating mtns and the bioluminescent forest are the two most fascinating parts of this expansion to me.... im sure the rides will be good but im really curious about these path ways and if they light up at night
I know- the artwork that was shown was breathtaking. The guy who was in charge of the rock work for CarsLand and DisneySea Mysterious Island is doing AvatarLand. The bioluminescent will be ground breaking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom