Avatar construction aerial updates

DisneyRoy

I keep seeing these pics and the more I look and still see a lot of scaffolding all I can think is no way this is opening in 9 months. Unless the rides inside are further along. But there's no way to know that. I think we will be lucky to see this open a year from now. Just my humble opinion.

twebber55

I keep seeing these pics and the more I look and still see a lot of scaffolding all I can think is no way this is opening in 9 months. Unless the rides inside are further along. But there's no way to know that. I think we will be lucky to see this open a year from now. Just my humble opinion.
i agree but did you see what Shanghai looked like 6 months ago?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Actually, these photos give me more confidence that this will be done my next spring.

JohnWD

What would be great to know is the critical path and important milestones on the path. Our insiders don't seem to have that info or it's just too sensitive to share. Can it open in less than 9 months? We'll know definitively when an @marni1971 or @MansionButler84 or @articos or other insiders tell us, or in 9 months!

articos

What would be great to know is the critical path and important milestones on the path. Our insiders don't seem to have that info or it's just too sensitive to share. Can it open in less than 9 months? We'll know definitively when an @marni1971 or @MansionButler84 or @articos or other insiders tell us, or in 9 months!
I'll say planning a trip for next summer should be fun.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

When I saw these new pictures I also felt that at least the outside work could easily be completed in 9 months, I think it will all depend on what is inside.

TyTrap

Could also be due to the elevation changes. The overhead picture is hard to read the elevation, but if I recall the exit for the flight-ride is a bit high up (maybe 2nd floor) and the entrance is very high (maybe 3rd or 4th floor).
Will the queue for flight of passage be outside or will it go behind the mountain facade to an indoor queue?

Rob562

What I'm noticing? The square camouflaged "plug" they installed in the opening for this one mountain's access hatch.

IMG_20160812_123412-01_zpszzilm0zj.jpeg

Presumably they will do the same for the others, eventually. I'd be interested to find out whether it can be popped open from inside, or if it requires a crane and thus is only designed to be used during major refurb work...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom