MonorailLover

This brings up an interesting question, was this rumor totally bogus or was it actually being considered at some level?

I think they made the right decision on where to put it.....

I think it was either operator error, and the creative director meant DAK, or seriously thought it would go in epcot, and then all epcot fans heads would have exploded, but eh, whatever.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think they made the right decision on where to put it.....

I think it was either operator error, and the creative director meant DAK, or seriously thought it would go in epcot, and then all epcot fans heads would have exploded, but eh, whatever.

Based on the things we have heard I don't think Iger was even in talks with Cameron at this point. Supposedly those talks didn't occur until early 2011.

BrianLo

I think it fits. Look at The Land pavilion for example, which celebrates land. If they focused more on the part of Avatar that celebrates the Na'vis relationship with the land then it would fit into Epcot. It could also provide a lesson on how we can protect our land.

I also love this post. Over simplifying it definitely, but Avatar is kind of the Land Pavilion redux with Soarin' 2.0 and the boat ride through Pandora.

Maybe when Iger sprung this on the imagineers, they stuck it in a google search and ran with the first few ideas they found in this thread. :lol:

jdmdisney99

I also love this post. Over simplifying it definitely, but Avatar is kind of the Land Pavilion redux with Soarin' 2.0 and the boat ride through Pandora.

Maybe when Iger sprung this on the imagineers, they stuck it in a google search and ran with the first few ideas they found in this thread. :lol:
Actually, I think a 'The Land with the Navi' seems realistic from the place with 'The Seas with Nemo & Friends'.

MonorailLover

Ya saw the thread and the negative comments and said "ya we'll go with DAK for once"

Minnie_girl

If Avatar opens in AK and Epcot, maybe we'll be able to buy a two park pass and ride a train between the two. ;)
75.gif

Makes sense....:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom