Autopia Turned into "Pixar" Cars

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Original Poster
Not to start and rumors... Or maybe i am!! lol

Does anyone know if the Autopia will get a makeover when Disney/Pixar's movie about cars comes out next year? Seems like a no-brainer and could be a good addition.

Don't get me wrong i like it the way it is and we don't need another Pixar attraction but if they were to remake the cars so they look and maybe even talk like the characters from the movie it might be a big improvement!

Anyone know anything or agree with me? Or am i thinking too far ahead in the future?

General Grizz

I'm certain this idea has been passed SOMEWHERE in Imagineering, but I have no indiciation if this will occur.

For the sake of Tomorrowland, I don't think we need ANY more Pixar - or character - "invasion." I'd much rather see the Speedway improved as an attraction rather than marketed as a Fantasyland ride. . .

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Original Poster
General Grizz said:
I'm certain this idea has been passed SOMEWHERE in Imagineering, but I have no indiciation if this will occur.

For the sake of Tomorrowland, I don't think we need ANY more Pixar - or character - "invasion." I'd much rather see the Speedway improved as an attraction rather than marketed as a Fantasyland ride. . .
I agree Grizz but don't you think with the technology we have today there should be some kind of "upgrade" or revamp? Like hiding pucks in the ground and getting rid of the metal boundary bar and making the cars electric to cut down on the noise and pollution. Just a thought.

stitchcastle

Not necessarily a Cars re-do, But I heard management really wants to update Autopia's cars into the newer more eco-friendly electric version and then subsequently maybe re-theme it into "Cars" later on.

I for one would love to have the Indy Speedway turned into Cars (I heard the Cars version will have talking, inter-active Cars) and just make it part of Toontown since busted, gas-pumping wheels don't really contribute that much to the concept of "Tomorrow"

Over-all I think it depends on the success of the "Cars" movie

Gregory

stitchcastle said:
I heard the Cars version will have talking, inter-active Cars

Thats what I heard, too.. Evidentally, when the Hong Kong one opens, it will be Pixar themed. If that works, it'll eventually take over Disneyland's version, as well.

So, we'll see what happens..

Jajo

Right now I would take just about any improvement. Don't take it out just make it more Disney and less... well less of what it is.

MonoRon

Those cars do need to be updated...maybe even go a little faster. I agree with getting rid of the metal bar and electric cars.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Disnutz311 said:
I agree Grizz but don't you think with the technology we have today there should be some kind of "upgrade" or revamp?
yes, it is called a bulldozer................ they have been around for awhile now and are extremely effective tearing up things. lol jk

i think that they need a major overhaul............... ive really never cared for them, i had a go-cart at home as a kid that would SMOKE one of the autopia cars.

i guess it wouldnt be the same without the sound and smell of autopia.

Edeyore

Autopia Turned into Pixar Cars

How about changing the attraction to Disney Cars. You have Herbie the Love Bug, or maybe mini versions of the cars used in the MGM parade. Just something to jazz it up a little.

Legacy

Not For Sale said:
It's a guarantee the movie will do well.
Now why is that? The general consensus is that the trailer isn't that appealing, and Pixar is due for a flop.

Unparralleled success can't last forever.

BlizzardCP

If the cars are changed to the cars from movies or the parades I think it would hold up the line because the kids might see the car from their favorite movie and want to ride on that car, and that car ONLY.
But I think it would be awesome.:D I would love to ride in Mike Wazowski's car!

aim

I love Speedway, but I think it would be pretty neat for "Cars" as the theme. I think if it had a theme, more people would enjoy it better.

Lee

Adventurer
Keep an eye on Hong Kong.
An Autopia is on the short list of early additions for phase 2 of that park...a Cars theme has been discussed, or so I hear.

Not For Sale

Legacy said:
Now why is that? The general consensus is that the trailer isn't that appealing, and Pixar is due for a flop.

Unparralleled success can't last forever.
I'll bet 20 bucks it will be at #1 for at least 2 weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom