Autopia Turned into "Pixar" Cars

netenyahoo

If they move the entrance and make it part of Toontown then it would be fine to retheme it to Cars. Not for Tomorrowland though. Interactive cars would be cool too.

Sledge

Account Suspended
BlizzardCP said:
If the cars are changed to the cars from movies or the parades I think it would hold up the line because the kids might see the car from their favorite movie and want to ride on that car, and that car ONLY.
But I think it would be awesome.:D I would love to ride in Mike Wazowski's car!

I would refuse to ride in anything but the car whose voice is done by Larry The Cable Guy. :) Daggum!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Legacy said:
Let's see what is coming out the following week... kay?
Cars is on June 9th, Charlotte's Web on the 23rd, and Superman is on the 30th. The next month will feature Pirates 2, Miami Vice, and Mission Impossible 3. Don't forget about May hangovers also....those will be X-Men 3, The Da Vinci Code, and The Poseidon Adventure.

stitchcastle

Keep an eye on Hong Kong.
An Autopia is on the short list of early additions for phase 2 of that park...a Cars theme has been discussed, or so I hear

Actually it USED to be part of Phase 2 and it USED to be themed to Cars, Now it's being added into Phase 1 and it will stay as "Autopia" only with better, more high tech vehicles.

imagineer boy

NemoRocks said:
Cars is on June 9th, Charlotte's Web on the 23rd, and Superman is on the 30th. The next month will feature Pirates 2,

POTC 2 IS COMMING OUT IN JULY???!!!!! Am I reading this right. Let me get my contacts in. POTC and the Dead mans chest comming out in july?!! *faints*

Legacy

NemoRocks said:
Cars is on June 9th, Charlotte's Web on the 23rd, and Superman is on the 30th. The next month will feature Pirates 2, Miami Vice, and Mission Impossible 3. Don't forget about May hangovers also....those will be X-Men 3, The Da Vinci Code, and The Poseidon Adventure.
I'll give it a week at number 1 then... it won't be able to stay strong in week two. Charlotte's Web is too classic to be number 2 its opening week, and most of the Cars audience will go the first week.

Cars has a HARD release date.

mkepcotmgmak

imagineer boy said:
I hope not. It would be both out of place in tomorrowland and fantaseyland.

unless disney considers 'talking cars' to be of the future.

indy speedway, imo, is a HUGE waste of space. it could hold family friendly attractions, a large theater, or a nice e-ticket. take it out! take it out! loud and stinky! just smell of aimee after a hot day's shift!

stitchcastle

Unless they really promote the hell out of it, Cars won't debut on #1, The trailer alone spells disaster. It's definately gonna struggle given it's competing against Superman, the Da Vinci Code, X-3, M:I-3 (which I heard is being directed by JJ Abrams which means it's gonna kick-) not to mention Pirates 2, the kids will wanna see more superheroes.

Legacy

stitchcastle said:
Unless they really promote the hell out of it, Cars won't debut on #1, The trailer alone spells disaster. It's definately gonna struggle given it's competing against Superman, the Da Vinci Code, X-3, M:I-3 (which I heard is being directed by JJ Abrams which means it's gonna kick-) not to mention Pirates 2, the kids will wanna see more superheroes.
But if nothing else appealing is opening that weekend, the parents are going to drag the kids to see Cars. It most likely will win #1 it's opening weekend by default.

But I don't foresee long term success like The Incredibles and Finding Nemo had.

I honestly think Pixar's first sub-par release is on the horizon.

NemoRocks78

Seized
imagineer boy said:
POTC 2 IS COMMING OUT IN JULY???!!!!! Am I reading this right. Let me get my contacts in. POTC and the Dead mans chest comming out in july?!! *faints*

And I too believe that this will be Pixar's first "bomb." It should finish with less than what A Bug's Life made.

stitchcastle

A Bug's Life is so far the most inferior of all the Pxar films, it got lucky that it came out after Toy Story. Cars doesn't seem like it could be any better, coming off the heels of Finding Nemo and The Incredibles, it's really gonna strugle.

Lee

Adventurer
stitchcastle said:
Actually it USED to be part of Phase 2 and it USED to be themed to Cars, Now it's being added into Phase 1 and it will stay as "Autopia" only with better, more high tech vehicles.

Unless I am mistaken...that was a rumor that Jim picked up a while back.
As of the latest info I have...no Autopia construction is currently underway.

Got another source?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I will second Legacy. I have heard that they have had to rework significant parts of the story and still don't have something that will do well in word of mouth, following the initial success of "this is a Pixar movie"...(like what used to happen with Disney movies :( )

I.M.Fearless

Okay, my opinions:
1. On the original topic, the DL Autopia probably wouldn't be that different with a different style of car. I think that the Autopia is a really good ride at DisneyLand, and the best Tomorrowland attraction I have ridden there (I got one trip to DisneyLand, and Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain AND Haunted Mansion were all closed!:brick: )
2. On the other hand, the WDW Tomorrowland Speedway NEEDS some kind of improvement, but a Cars re-do probably wouldn't be enough. The Autopia is FAR superior to the Speedway, just because of the different track. The only ways I can think of to improve the Speedway to the point that I will ride it again would be to change the layout to an Autopia style, get rid of the middle rail, or increase the speed. And as for changing the Speedway to a Toontown Fair attraction, it would definately need more theming elements added as well (the basic hills with the occasional strange-looking speakers is rather boring).
3. The movie Cars appears to be on the kinda-funny side. It probably will be a hit at first, but mostly because of the previous Disney-Pixar hits, and little of its own merit (although Larry the Cable Guy should be very funny). I, for one, see it coming in very close to A Bug's Life. However, whether or not it's a hit wouldn't matter much to Disney, because good rides don't always seem to need good movie backing (try DAK's Dinosaur or Universal IOA's Hulk).
4. Pirates of the Carribbean 2 (I didn't know it already had a subtitle) is due in theaters summer 2006, with a third (and supposedly final) installment in summer 2007.
5. And as yet another departure from the original topic, the old DL PeopleMover track (or Rocket Rods, it doesn't matter) needs to have SOMETHING on it. Again, this track appears to be far better than the track for the TTA at WDW, but in this case it isn't even being used! The way it seems to intertwine with the Autopia seems to beg for a new attraction there.
6. And finally, this is my first post here!

7. And why did that smilie mess up the first time?

Connor002

I don't think Cars is going to well, but that may just be wishful thinking. I mean, if Cars bombs, they probally won't change it. But we can only hope...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom