Autopia Turned into "Pixar" Cars

jaredliu

stitchcastle said:
A Bug's Life is so far the most inferior of all the Pxar films, it got lucky that it came out after Toy Story. Cars doesn't seem like it could be any better, coming off the heels of Finding Nemo and The Incredibles, it's really gonna strugle.

I think A Bug's Life is so far the best of all Pixar films.

DonaldDoleWhip

I want WDW's Speedway demolished! The space should be used for making a real Toontown!

But I think "Cars" will be invading at Disneyland. Even though it will probably be the least successful Pixar movie.

I don't think there is much to be done at the WDW Speedway...cause it sucks. In my imagineered park, I had 'Aquatopia (from TDS)' as a Tomorrowland attraction. Its theme is much more futuristic than an Indy Speedway.

aim

mkepcotmgmak said:
WOW! why did you go digging for something like this!? this was an OLD topic!

Because I was bored... :lol: Dont' forget to let me know when you'll be here next!! Maybe we could watch "The Princess Bride" again! w00t! :)

disneywy

Lee said:
Unless I am mistaken...that was a rumor that Jim picked up a while back.
As of the latest info I have...no Autopia construction is currently underway.

Got another source?

It is announced that Autopia is coming to HKDL in 2006 and construction is already underway. In some articles about the opening of the park (which happened today) it specifically mentions Autopia opening in 2006. There is even a park map which shows Autopia on it, but just in faint/faded colors.

bgraham34

I have not been on that ride in 5 years i think. I just don't like it. Way to slow. But If i had kids it would be another story.

PhilharMagician

disneywy said:
It is announced that Autopia is coming to HKDL in 2006 and construction is already underway. In some articles about the opening of the park (which happened today) it specifically mentions Autopia opening in 2006. There is even a park map which shows Autopia on it, but just in faint/faded colors.

Maybe they could just take the one from WDW. I wouldn't mind.:lol:

DisneyWales

The Cars

From what the plans are the first Cars themed ride will be at the new Toon Studios at Disney Studios Paris. The Rumors are that it will use the ride system from Aquatopia in Disneysea, with talking Cars narrowly missing each other.

There's talk of Autotopia being closed in Paris due to it's unpopularity, and to make room for something else bigger.

The Autotopia in Hong Kong will not be themed on Cars, however it will use new electric powered car system.

IMO Autotopia is a big waste of space, its not exciting and you dont really have any control over the cars, I went on the one in Paris once and have never ridden again, so personally I really have no interest what happens to Autotopia as anything would be a massive improvement to what I call dead space. Maybe when the Disneyland Opened it was fun to Pretend to drive in a car (1955), but know the journey in a car to the Park is more than enough for me.

As for the movie it will perform fantastically due to the success of the previous Pixar films, as someone said this happened with Disney for a while, hype carried some of the films and made them blockbuster hits. Personally I think Nemo is Pixar's flop, but it happens to be their biggest blockbuster. QUESTION: Does blockbuster success make a film any good?

pax_65

Say "Yes" to Progress

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see this ride updated. Even my 4-year-old thinks it's no big deal, since he can ride the same basic ride at Dorney Park or Hershey Park here in PA. (In fact, Hershey's is better since you can choose race cars or antique cars!)

The only reason to be against such an upgrade is that you love the Disneyworld of your childhood, so you're against any change to the parks, no matter how much it's needed. This is what I call "Mr. Toad's Syndrome."

As far as theming, right now the raceway doesn't really fit anywhere. If it had a "Cars" theme, at least it would fit nicely as part of Toontown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom