Aurora reverted back to old dress?

PolynesianPrincess

The recent changes are totally changing them from the way they look in the movies. Cinderella didn't have strands of hair hanging down in her face in the movie... Neither did Belle. I understand that maybe that's the fashion trend now with teenagers and young adults, but these characters aren't from this generation. I hope they don't decide to keep changing them every few years to "fit in" with the current generation.

Matt_Black

She isn't either one of those! Correct term is strawberry blonde! Not that it really matters though! lol I always have difficulty knowing what is considered strawberry blonde. It varies, supposedly anna's hair is strawberry blonde in frozen, I just thought it was red.

I know that, but in some scenes, like right before the mice show her the dress, her hair does look like brown due to the lighting, and that's how I remembered it.

tl77

To me the new princess looks are like these old mickey mouse images

1970's "disco Mickey"
114836832.jpg

or "Totally 80's Mickey and Minnie"
8465808464_4062f7ebd5_z.jpg

Basically every so often Disney tries to make the characters seem "hip and modern"... but as time rolls on, these images get forgotten, and they move on to something like this

f6b97050d8521ba624e6cdd4a7d8c99a.jpg

Does anyone know when Snow White or Rapunzel will get their new looks?
Rapunzel is not changing AFAIK. Snow White has to be close
Snow White is the last princess makeover, and the new look is the least changed and is more in line with how her dress looks on film.

In the FWIW department, this picture has been floating around on Tumblr recently. It seems pretty legit to me and if it is, from what I can see, I am freakin' EXCITED!!!

tumblr_mz0i8c05XD1qbg2r4o1_1280.jpg

Monkee Girl

This baffles me, her dress was always intended to be pink. It ends up blue because Merryweather just has to be awkward.

tumblr_m4qvbq9Z6G1rpldxpo1_400.gif
I get what you are saying. Yes, the dress was intended to be pink but just because that is what was intended doesn't mean it happens. It was changed to blue and remained that way till the end of the film. Aurora herself only wears pink for the last 10 seconds of the movie as a gag. Hardly enough to say she should always wear pink now.

Again, I have no problem with her in pink, but she should spend just as equal time, if not more, in blue because THAT is the color she wore in the movie. The only reason she is in pink now, is for marketing purposes and that is very sad to me because it is not her "real" look.

MOXOMUMD

You know, I had a similar reaction while in line at Princess Fairytale Hall. I was waiting to meet Rapunzel, and she had crouched down to chat with some younger guests, which is when I noticed it. Maybe it was the cut of the dress, or just "Rapunzel's" build, but gosh darn was there a view. I immediately said to myself "Eyes up, soldier!" and started looking at the drapes, the quill, the books, ANYTHING else, because I didn't want to be "that guy".
Such a gentleman. :angelic:

wdrive

I get what you are saying. Yes, the dress was intended to be pink but just because that is what was intended doesn't mean it happens. It was changed to blue and remained that way till the end of the film. Aurora herself only wears pink for the last 10 seconds of the movie as a gag. Hardly enough to say she should always wear pink now.

Again, I have no problem with her in pink, but she should spend just as equal time, if not more, in blue because THAT is the color she wore in the movie. The only reason she is in pink now, is for marketing purposes and that is very sad to me because it is not her "real" look.

Not saying it's right but marketing is king especially with the Princesses. It's why Mulan and Pocahontas are seen as '2nd class Princesses' and the reason Cinderella has blonde hair, blue dress and completely different hairstyle now. All the Princesses pre Tiana have changed to make them more marketable.

Matt_Black

Not saying it's right but marketing is king especially with the Princesses. It's why Mulan and Pocahontas are seen as '2nd class Princesses' and the reason Cinderella has blonde hair, blue dress and completely different hairstyle now. All the Princesses pre Tiana have changed to make them more marketable.

While I agree that marketing is king, I don't think it's the marketing that decided that Mulan and Pocahontas are on the low end of the spectrum. Rather, the marketing reflects that those two just aren't as popular with the Disney Princess target audience (namely, little girls) as the others. Mulan is more popular with boys, teenagers and adults, while Pocahontas' film is regarded as one of the weakest in the Disney canon (lowest rating on Rotten Tomatoes of all the Princess films). It's a shame for Mulan, as the right merchandise aimed at the right demographic would do KILLER business.

Fable McCloud

It's strange, up until they remastered Cinderella for the DVD release a few years back, I spent most of my childhood thinking she was a strawberry blonde/dark blonde with a silver dress. Then, as the years went on, she got blonder(more golden) and her dress got brighter (more sky blue). I'm not sure what happened. But I liked the Silver best.

Animaniac93-98

I'm not sure what happened.

For the 2005 restoration (4K scan and done at 2K resolution) that has been used for the Blu-ray, the colour source for reference were the aimation cels themselves. That sounds like a good thing, but the cels were painted one colour, knowing with technicolor photography they would be altered. This is why the whites of character's eyes are blue at times, or why Cindy looks more "blonde" and her dress is no longer silver or grey in some shots. The lower resolution for the actual restoration also resulted in some DNR errors where effects animation and line art were erased, but that's another problem I won't go into here beyond this comparison:

E9yWZ.jpg

If you're looking for more comparisons, see this: http://members.chello.nl/h.h.j.f.beens/temp/Cinderella_VHSvsBD.jpg

Subsequent restorations for other Disney titles have not made the same mistakes. This all however, does not take into account that previous theatrical re-issues and the 1988 video release, used cheap duplicate technicolor prints with no work done to "restore" the picture beyond making it darker to hide print damage. They were not the most accurate source for color reference to begin with. The 1995 release had a restoration done and is probably the most faithful to the original intended look, though likely not perfect.

disneyman87

Recently I've seen videos of Aurora in her old and new dress since these changes.

This video was posted in late February 2014 and she was in her new dress.

Here is her most recent appearance in her old dress from Inside the Magic, which was posted just yesterday.

Any updates on whether the new one will be permanently fixed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom