Aurora reverted back to old dress?

yensidtlaw1969

To me the new princess looks are like these old mickey mouse images

1970's "disco Mickey"
114836832.jpg

or "Totally 80's Mickey and Minnie"
8465808464_4062f7ebd5_z.jpg

Basically every so often Disney tries to make the characters seem "hip and modern"... but as time rolls on, these images get forgotten, and they move on to something like this

f6b97050d8521ba624e6cdd4a7d8c99a.jpg
I agree with your assessment - I suppose the redesign is not out of character for the company (though I don't care for it, for a number of reasons), but at least Hipster Mickey isn't replacing standard Mickey in the parks. If nothing else, I take issue with the idea that the new princess designs are displacing the old ones.

novawildcat18

Recently I've seen videos of Aurora in her old and new dress since these changes.

This video was posted in late February 2014 and she was in her new dress.

It may have been posted in February but I can guarantee you that it was filmed back during the Christmas parties 2013. She has been in her old dress ever since the end of December, I believe, and has not been in her new dress since.

AndyS2992

... What the heck, man? Maybe other people's necks are too short.
I haven't watched the video, I assumed it to be a bad shot of her craning her neck and leaning back making it look pretty long in comparison to Anna, if that is in fact not the case then yeah I agree, bad call. I apologize.

Last edited:

disneyman87

It may have been posted in February but I can guarantee you that it was filmed back during the Christmas parties 2013. She has been in her old dress ever since the end of December, I believe, and has not been in her new dress since.

After watching that video again, it does seem clear that the top of her dress is having a few problems, especially when she's talking to the young man, Tommy, and Cinderella.

GiveMeTheMusic

What if she had a dress that was half blue and half pink?

That wouldn't look good.

She's not going to go back to blue in America because Disney doesn't want two princesses in the same color dress. That's why Ariel is in green instead of something she actually wore in a movie.

In fact, Ariel's new dress is the only one that REALLY bothers me. It's hideous. The others range from really like (Snow, Belle) to tolerate (Cindy).

asianway

Original Poster
That wouldn't look good.

She's not going to go back to blue in America because Disney doesn't want two princesses in the same color dress. That's why Ariel is in green instead of something she actually wore in a movie.

In fact, Ariel's new dress is the only one that REALLY bothers me. It's hideous. The others range from really like (Snow, Belle) to tolerate (Cindy).
Paris just got Belle-I figure the blue dress is safe at least six months

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom