Aurora reverted back to old dress?

The Empress Lilly

Wasn't there a (since deleted) picture posted on this board before showing the princesses in their "new" revealing outfits? ;)

I was really surprised at how revealing the new outfits were; Must be trying appeal to the adult male demographic. :D
What sexist swine would post such pics, tsk!

2mzeaoi.jpg

Matt_Black

I can see why they keep her in the pink dress. You've got many Princesses in varying shades of blue- Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Merida, and now Elsa (and to a lesser extent Anna, though the purple and black keeps it from being as obvious); the only other Princess that comes close to Aurora's color scheme is Rapunzel, who has a pinkish purple going on.

Matt_Black

What sexist swine would post such pics, tsk!

2mzeaoi.jpg

You know, I had a similar reaction while in line at Princess Fairytale Hall. I was waiting to meet Rapunzel, and she had crouched down to chat with some younger guests, which is when I noticed it. Maybe it was the cut of the dress, or just "Rapunzel's" build, but gosh darn was there a view. I immediately said to myself "Eyes up, soldier!" and started looking at the drapes, the quill, the books, ANYTHING else, because I didn't want to be "that guy".

Monkee Girl

I can see why they keep her in the pink dress. You've got many Princesses in varying shades of blue- Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Merida, and now Elsa (and to a lesser extent Anna, though the purple and black keeps it from being as obvious); the only other Princess that comes close to Aurora's color scheme is Rapunzel, who has a pinkish purple going on.

Ugh! I hate it soooo much! It's like they are contributing to the dumbing down of America. Gah!

1. No one needed to color code the princesses back in the 90s. We all knew who they were. It wasn't just the color but their look! We all knew Sleeping beauty had long flowing hair while Cinderella was an updo. Aurora wears a tiara, cinderella doesn't! The dresses are two completely different style of dresses! It's not like Clark Kent without without his glasses. If you change Aurora's dress from pink to blue it's still the same dress! it's not like a person was look at Aurora in pink...turns around...have her change to the blue dress and have the guy turn around again to see a different color and be all 'hey! where did Aurora go and why is Cinderella here!' because seriously, if that is how people are then I am moving to France because I can't take that kind of stupidity! If you put them both in pink (or blue....even though Cinderella does NOT wear blue!:banghead:) you can still tell the difference between the two girls! :arghh:

sorry...rant over...let me take a breath...:D I digress...

2. I completely understand that this all started as the marketing of the Disney princess line. Not because people couldn't tell the different but because it looked nice to have all the princesses in different colors. That made sense and I have no problem with it. When there were only 6 princesses in the line. But now there are more than 10? We are beyond the point of each girl having a separate color. Unless they plan on having the princesses start going into the puce and brandeis shades. There are going to more than one girl in blue. Focus on the style and personalities of the princess...you know what? I don't even care what they do with the marketing..it doesn't market to me. But in the parks, when I am giving them money, it DOES apply to me and every once in a while I would like to see the princess * I * grew up with. My favorite was Sleeping Beauty. In the blue dress. Not saying it has to be all the time. But some times. Again, Paris means nothing to me. I am not booking a $$$$ trip to another country to go see a character in the blue dress when I should be able to see it on my yearly trips to florida.

3. I think what really bothers me about the whole thing is hearing these adults say they don't know the difference and hearing children say the only thing they know about the girls is the color of their dresses. Do any of the parents have their kids WATCH the movies anymore? Sure, Sleeping Beauty has a very different plot than most fairy tales and some might find it boring. But I never did. And they should watched them for the pure artistic point as well. It's a movie with layers upon layers for all age groups. Do these girls even know WHY she is called sleeping beauty? And it's not just Sleeping Beauty; it's all those films. I sang the 7 Dwarf's Silly Song one time and my cousin had no idea what I was singing! They all have the films because they gotta 'have it in their collection' but they never bother to open the movies up. It's a shame.

It's sad because it makes me feel old that these classics aren't even being watched. To argue with my little cousin that Aurora wears blue and to say 'it's in the movie' and to hear her say 'I have never watched the movie' really gets me in the heart! lol

I am sorry for the rant. It's just...every time I hear the color code argument it's like I turn into some horrible big green rage monster. I am going to go back to baking cookies now, lol

Merry Christmas everyone!:p

Soarin' Over Pgh

You know, I had a similar reaction while in line at Princess Fairytale Hall. I was waiting to meet Rapunzel, and she had crouched down to chat with some younger guests, which is when I noticed it. Maybe it was the cut of the dress, or just "Rapunzel's" build, but gosh darn was there a view. I immediately said to myself "Eyes up, soldier!" and started looking at the drapes, the quill, the books, ANYTHING else, because I didn't want to be "that guy".

Bahahaha sorry Matt... Laughed so hard when I read this!

Keybdis

As much as I hate to admit it, it's obvious to me the color coding is necessary. Recently was in France to visit my beloved princess Aurora and a well meaning father read the sign and triumphantly revealed to his family to get out of line. He discovered this wasn't the line for Sleeping Beauty at all! It was for some princess named Aurora. Sighhh. Yes it really does happen sadly. :(

mm52200

The worse was when I was at TST when the princesses were still there, the three that day being Rapunzel, Aurora, and Cinderella. All three princesses are there in the room beside one another, but when we reached Aurora the mom in front of us said to her child "OH honey look it's Snow White".

Monkee Girl

As much as I hate to admit it, it's obvious to me the color coding is necessary. Recently was in France to visit my beloved princess Aurora and a well meaning father read the sign and triumphantly revealed to his family to get out of line. He discovered this wasn't the line for Sleeping Beauty at all! It was for some princess named Aurora. Sighhh. Yes it really does happen sadly. :(

I don't think the color has anything to do with it (unless the guy particularly said 'it's some princess in a blue dress'). When I was a kid and watched this movie endlessly (between Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio, it's amazing my VHS player or even the tapes worked as long as they did) I always knew her as 'Sleeping Beauty.' I would probably have called her Briar Rose before I called her Aurora. I never associated the two names. They always talked about Aurora as if she were another person and it was the adults in the movie calling her that. As a kid, my focus was on her and she was very rarely called Aurora....even the fairies called her Rose when searching for her at the end. So Aurora was just 'not her name'.

It wasn't until the princess line when they started calling her that and I said to myself 'that's her name?' And I was in my late 20s! Going back to my cousin, that whole 'argument' we had about the dress all started because I said I couldn't wait to see Sleeping Beauty and she 'corrected me' and told me that wasn't her name. No one, and I mean not even a 5 year old is going to correct ME when it comes to a Disney movie! lol So I can see the guy being easily confused because he knows Sleeping Beauty but not the name Aurora; Pink dress, blue dress, or green dress.

Matt_Black

Yeah, Cinderella is always WAY too blond in promotional materials and other things. When I first played Kingdom Hearts, I had to do a double take, as I had always remembered Cinderella as being brunette, albeit a very, very light brunette.

Sped2424

Yeah, Cinderella is always WAY too blond in promotional materials and other things. When I first played Kingdom Hearts, I had to do a double take, as I had always remembered Cinderella as being brunette, albeit a very, very light brunette.
She isn't either one of those! Correct term is strawberry blonde! Not that it really matters though! lol I always have difficulty knowing what is considered strawberry blonde. It varies, supposedly anna's hair is strawberry blonde in frozen, I just thought it was red.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom