august CP meet-up

MagliteL13

cac2889 said:
We all have hidden Mickey's on us. :p

No...um...gosh I don't know. Maybe a little card or something someone makes up that we print out and put our screenname on? Cheesy yes, but I think its more so we know who is who and we don't miss anyone, right?

Of course, in front of the Elephants would be easier. :lol:

Now to my next question since I've only been there once: where exactly is Downtown Disney in relationship to The Vista and Chatham?

For those who are interested, figured I'd post an image I captured a little bit ago for a friend. It really shows where the Apt. Complexes are compared to DTD. Click here. I also gathered a lot of the images I've found that are pictures of the Utilidors (or things/places in the Utilidors--all P.C.) There's also an image in that same album that shows three of the parks and the Apts.

One other thing I figured I'd point out. Yes, PI is free to CMs Mondays and Thursdays, but you probably won't get your company ID until after Traditions. Just thought I'd throw that out there for those looking to go to PI the day after checkin. :)

Jeremy
Fall '04 (QSF&B, MK, Pecos Bills)
Disney Store CM
Fall '05 (Operations, the portal tells me MK--Adv/Liberty Square)

DCL

MagliteL13 said:
For those who are interested, figured I'd post an image I captured a little bit ago for a friend. It really shows where the Apt. Complexes are compared to DTD.

Thanks for the picture! I've been wondering where they were/ how I was going to find them! :lol:

DCL

jimmybop said:
well.. if you wanted to see the inside of the apartments... why didnt u ask? :lol:

Thanks for the link! Looks like a pretty decent place to stay... just please tell me there's air conditioning! :lol:

jimmybop

Dreamflight4Eva said:
Thanks for the link! Looks like a pretty decent place to stay... just please tell me there's air conditioning! :lol:

Central air system in all the apartments..... you would be a fool living in Florida without one :hammer:

CrashNet

jimmybop said:
Central air system in all the apartments..... you would be a fool living in Florida without one :hammer:
Oh, man...I would have called College Recruiting and told them I wasn't coming if you had said there wasn't air conditioning. I live in the south, and I need my AC! :lol:

DCL

jimmybop said:

Thats what I assumed, :lol: , but they didn't list it on the website... so I just had to ask!

ajt_2002

aww dont start unitl aug 24th i guess ill be missing out meeting all of you have fun! if you have another one in the middle of the program let me know!

DCL

ajt_2002 said:
aww dont start unitl aug 24th i guess ill be missing out meeting all of you have fun! if you have another one in the middle of the program let me know!

Well I know that Borf mentioned that people should try and get together the night of the 25th, at Pleasure Island, since cast members get in for free that night. We're not sure if you need to complete Traditions before you can get in for free or not, which may leave some people out. So, to make a long story short, if we can't all get into Pleasure Island on the 25th, I'm sure people will be up for another meet and greet after the 24th!... assuming we all don't have to work! :wave:

jimmybop

Work ID will not be givin out until after you go through Traditions... BUT there have been stories of new CPs being let into PI for CM nights with just their housing IDs.... So you can try to get in as it has been done in the past, but be ready if they say no....

Also, if I remember correctly (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), you can walk the street in PI at night without admisssion, but can not access the clubs w/out a handstamp/wristband...

So yes, this should be my last post before packing up my computer and leaving for Florida... so you all better not change the time or place within the next week (as I dont think I will have internet access between now and then). So have fun all, and I'll see you in Florida.

Also, if my roomates are cool about it, I'll host another get together in my apartment in a few weeks, so lets keep checking these boards while we are there :animwink: ;)

See you all there!

DCL

jimmybop said:
So yes, this should be my last post before packing up my computer and leaving for Florida... so you all better not change the time or place within the next week (as I dont think I will have internet access between now and then). So have fun all, and I'll see you in Florida.

Have a safe trip! :wave: See you on the 16th! :sohappy:

CrashNet

Looks like today might be one of my last days to post as well. No one change the meet date! :lol: I'll be in Florida by the end of the day Sunday! :D

DCL

cac2889 said:
Looks like today might be one of my last days to post as well. No one change the meet date! :lol: I'll be in Florida by the end of the day Sunday! :D

Have a safe trip!! We'll be getting to Florida at around the same time on Sunday! :sohappy: See you at the meet and greet!

stitch82

Original Poster
wait...is just about *everyone* but me getting there sunday?? aww...i'll be there on monday.

sorry for no posts...i've been in chicago since last weekend...when i GRADUATED!! :sohappy

can't wait to meet y'all...see you at the rc on the 16th!

DCL

stitch82 said:
wait...is just about *everyone* but me getting there sunday?? aww...i'll be there on monday.

sorry for no posts...i've been in chicago since last weekend...when i GRADUATED!! :sohappy

can't wait to meet y'all...see you at the rc on the 16th!

CONGRATS on graduating!!! It's true... the party starts for us on SUNDAY! :lol:

Can't wait to finally meet you on Tuesday though! See you then!! :sohappy:

stitch82

Original Poster
cac2889 said:
Just to confirm...the 16th, in front of Rainforest Cafe, at 6:30?

you got it babe...

when: aug. 16th, 6:30 pm
where: rainforest cafe, downtown disney
where exactly: between the squirting elephants
...ok, in front of the sign between the squirting elephants.

i'll be the blonde looking giddy with disney excitement/exhausted from driving all day. :)

travel safe everyone!! :wave:

jimmybop

ok, I lied.... there is internet access in our hotel room here in Washington DC :)

just thought I would post to say I again.... oh, and I invited my parents to come along to dinner also... not sure if that will make a big difference or if anyone else is bring theirs but.. oh well :p

see you all tuesday... (I shall be wearing a red nationals hat or a white hat that says "Disney Store" on it...) :wave:

CrashNet

stitch82 said:
where exactly: between the squirting elephants
...ok, in front of the sign between the squirting elephants.

Yeah...I didn't want to walk into the restaurant wet. :lol: Just kidding. :)

DCL

Well... I guess it's my turn! This is most likely my last post before I check-in on the 17th! I hope everyone has a safe trip down... and I can't wait to meet everyone on the 16th!!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom