August 1-8

mbx524

Anyone have any ideas on what crowds will be like the first week of August. I now this is usually a busy times at the parks, but should we expect a slightly lesser crowd due to the economy?

Craig & Lisa

We have been there during the first 3 weeks of august, and found that no matter what it can get crowded at any time. But if you are there just when the park(s) open for the first few hours it's not really too long wait, but since Space mountain is down for rehab other high end attractions will get busy faster, but I don't think it will make much of a difference. It has been said here that the economy hasn't really slowed things in WDW, we have been there when it was supposed to be really busy and while riding splash, or big thunder I would always ask where are all the people?? @5 days til visit 20, staying at BLT, 6 days after it opens....CAN'T WAIT!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

We'll be there the 2nd-7th! Touringplans has crowds at a 6 all week. I'm expecting bigger crowds than we're used to in September and January, but not horrible.

I am trying to brace myself for the heat though!:lol:

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

We'll be there the 2nd-7th! Touringplans has crowds at a 6 all week. I'm expecting bigger crowds than we're used to in September and January, but not horrible.

I am trying to brace myself for the heat though!:lol:

Those are the exact dates that we'll be there. I live in Las Vegas, so I'm not worried so much about the heat in Florida, as I am about the humidity.

I also checked touringplans and 6 out of 10 isn't too bad. When we were there in March, the crowds were 8 and 9s, so I'm very happy about a 6.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Those are the exact dates that we'll be there. I live in Las Vegas, so I'm not worried so much about the heat in Florida, as I am about the humidity.

I also checked touringplans and 6 out of 10 isn't too bad. When we were there in March, the crowds were 8 and 9s, so I'm very happy about a 6.

Great minds think alike!:) You're right, for you it will be the humidity. That's actually what will bother me the most too. I haven't lived in the south for several years, and I have not missed the humidity!! My hair certainly hasn't!:lol:

Well I'll be there from 3rd till 16th. I've only been at WDW in May but i expect the crowds to be bigger this time right?

They should be bigger in August. Memorial Day weekend and Star Wars weekends can be pretty crowded, but early May is great.

Upvote 0

babydonald

Just got back

We went last week because family was coming down from NC. Normally, I would avoid the week before and after July fourth. The crowds were pretty light. We finished all but MK early around three. Of course, planning has a lot to do with that. As long as you use fast pass and get to the parks early you should be good reguardless. Have fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom