Audition again?

should-be-BELLE

Original Poster
Hello everyone. I recently auditioned for a character performer for the fall 08 CP. I'm a former dancer and did well at the audition except due to my 5'3" status..was not offered a role. We were warned at the beginning of the audition that they were stacked on performers, and my height range is a common one.

But due to timing conflicts, I am planning on participating in the spring 09 CP instead. I would love to be a character however, I'll be going irregardless. But Is it even worth auditioning again? Are they still gonna be stacked on performers? i don't need the hard time of doing well at the audition only to not get a role over my height which I have no control over.

Thanks!

WDWKat26

Ya know what? Go! Seriously. What have you got to lose? If you don't get it, think about a plan B so you can go somewhere if you don't get entertainment. I told them back when I worked for the company, that if I didn't get Ent. I would go for Attractions. Think about it, the great thing is there are SO many roles available. Maybe think about being a Character Attendant?

joanna71985

Hello everyone. I recently auditioned for a character performer for the fall 08 CP. I'm a former dancer and did well at the audition except due to my 5'3" status..was not offered a role. We were warned at the beginning of the audition that they were stacked on performers, and my height range is a common one.

But due to timing conflicts, I am planning on participating in the spring 09 CP instead. I would love to be a character however, I'll be going irregardless. But Is it even worth auditioning again? Are they still gonna be stacked on performers? i don't need the hard time of doing well at the audition only to not get a role over my height which I have no control over.

Thanks!

I have the same problem you have. But I keep on auditioning. I know I will make it someday. Good luck!

Ya know what? Go! Seriously. What have you got to lose? If you don't get it, think about a plan B so you can go somewhere if you don't get entertainment. I told them back when I worked for the company, that if I didn't get Ent. I would go for Attractions. Think about it, the great thing is there are SO many roles available. Maybe think about being a Character Attendant?

Your sig makes me sad.:(

coilback

I'll tell you what Ray Eddy (one of the Indy's at Epic Stunt Spectacular) told me awhile back: Keep going back to auditions. He said that many times, they will recognize you and see you improving with your skills and you will show your desire to be a performer. Apparently, it took him 3 auditions before he was accepted as one of the Indiana Jones stunt doubles and now he's one of the "main" guys there (and one of the best in my opinion). He's even in a Geico commercial right now (the one where the guy is washing his "PWC" (jetski) - that's him washing it).

Sir Hiss527

Yeah i've auditioned 3 times, and passed every one, except I've been put into the 'character pool', and I feel like im never gonna get into entertainment, cause Disney likes to hire too many CP's, cause they are cheap labor. :)

coilback

Yeah i've auditioned 3 times, and passed every one, except I've been put into the 'character pool', and I feel like im never gonna get into entertainment, cause Disney likes to hire too many CP's, cause they are cheap labor. :)

It's usually not the CPs, but probably because there are a lot of people your height. There really aren't THAT many CP characters. Are you going to the Equity or Disney auditions ? Equity would probably give you more opportunity.

roypup

It's usually not the CPs, but probably because there are a lot of people your height. There really aren't THAT many CP characters. Are you going to the Equity or Disney auditions ? Equity would probably give you more opportunity.

I didn't think fur character auditions were "equity" performers. I do know that performers (singers, actors, stuntmen, etc.) are.

roypup

Well, the character pool is better than not being selected. I hope that they pull you out of it soon and into the world of being friends with some characters. :)

Sir Hiss527

Well, the character pool is better than not being selected. I hope that they pull you out of it soon and into the world of being friends with some characters. :)

thanks! now about these equity things..I am already a current cast member, so what does that mean for me exactly?

joanna71985

At least you passed! I've auditioned 4 times, and didn't pass any of them.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom