Attractions that would signal the end of Disney

rct247

• Eddie Murphy animatronic appears in The Haunted Mansion
  • Stitch's Great Escape (exact replica) brought to Disneyland in California
  • Disney Space Cruise Line begins with the Disney Axiom being it's first ship
  • The new addition for each park over the next 5 years will be dance parties everywhere all playing the same music.
  • The American Idol experience closes and redone to The Dancing with the Stars Experience
  • Rock n' Rollercoaster starring YOU! Where you get to sing your favorite Disney song and then listen to it while you ride. Guests love things that are interactive.
  • The Carousel of Progress gets a new theme song: "Yesterday was Such a Better Day!"
  • All character meet & greets are virtual through video screen allowing guests to "meet" any animated character they want.
  • Tom Sawyer Island rethemed to the Lone Ranger's Island.
  • Spaceship Earth is completely redone with an entire interactive video screen adventure through time narrated by Patrick Warburton.
  • Brazil country pavilion finally added to Epcot's World Showcase but features gifts shops selling flags on sticks, brightly colored shirts, and lots of backpacks.
  • BathroomPass+ marketed to all guests as a convenient feature allowing reserved access to any bathroom in the park.
  • Rocket Rods appears on the the Peoplemover track at Walt Disney World.
  • Killer Whales are added to the Seas with Nemo & Friends aquarium tanks.
  • Disney aquires Mattel toy company including the rights to Barbie. New Barbie themed land appears at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
  • Swiss Family Treehouse transformed in Phineas & Ferb's Adventure Treehouse.
  • 50s Prime Time Cafe updated the 80s Prime Time Cafe
  • Wishes is replaced by "#Memories" (pronounced "Hashtag Memories") a fireworks & projection (well, mostly projection) show.
  • DisneyQuest closed to become the first BnL (Buy & Large), your ultimate Disney superstore. World of Disney closes to be completely taken over by Starbucks.

Last edited:

SMS55

20K can never be compared to Pirates or Mansion.

I agree. the animatronics that go into Pirates and Mansion are incredible. On 20 you could see the string that would move the sharks and the wire holding up the fish. I understood it was underwater but it didn't seem to have the Disney "wow factor." It bother me that it went.

Mrs.Toad

Superstar Limo in the Studios

It is funny to see this. I just spent a few hours the other day reading and checking out photos essays on the origins of CA from conception, the opening, and the multitude of very expensive removals, changes, additions later on.

I still can't fathom how that Frankenstein's monster ever…er, ever managed to see the light of day. How this even sprung into human brains? Beyond me.

Monstrosity. I don't care if it was supposed to be a faster ride.

Totally, a what the heck were they thinking moment. I can't even believe it, the shock is still there. I never went on. Never been to CA and don't care to. I had to grit my teeth and press pause a few times to recover when I watched the ride on youtube.

Last edited:

yeti

The CARS Speedway

Witch Mountain

The Great Disney Movie Ride

Spaceship CARS

Ellen's Energy Crisis

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid

Prince Charming's Regal Ponies

Peter Pan's Flight of Passage

Fastpass ++

Pirates of Somalia

Jungle Cruz Starring Shrunken Ted!

'Murica Showcase

The Haunted Playboy Mansion

DinosaCARS

EpCARS

CARSWURLD!!

Journey Into Your Imagination

Vader2112

A Meet and Greet with:

mqdefault.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom