Attractions that should NEVER leave WDW....Ever!

goofyfan13

There are too many rides that I want untouched! This is a tough one!:brick:

Old Rides:
Spaceship Earth
CoP
Haunted Mansion/ PoTC

The mountains (I know these really aren't that old but I can't really consider them new.)

New Rides:
Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Alien Encounter

Okay, rather than focus on ones that MAY go away, I'm picking my top three. In other words, I imagined that all attractions are thrown in a hat, and a bunch are going to be picked out of a hat to destroy, but I get to pick three to save.

Splash Mountain
Monorail (I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE HAS SAID THIS!!!)
Cinderella's Castle (can you imagine the Magic Kingdom without it?!?)

Cliff

Original Poster
Originally posted by mickey04
In order to avoid a fight, I'll just hit my ignore button now.

Lets face it, allot of people ( especially teens) feel this way. Many folks on this board are Disney "purists" so we can't understand why this is happening. ( Remember, we are all Disney history buffs here.)

However, it's still a popular thought and we need to figure out how to deal with this as these rides get older.

Think about it, the older these rides get, the louder the calls will be to tear them down. Many folks don't appreciate the origins of these things.

I hope I'm wrong.

CT : - )

mickeyfanatics

The fact that today's youth (at least some of them) do not appreciate the older rides shows how spoiled, lazy, and entertainment driven today's world is. I see it all over the place (not just in youth) where people want $2 of pay for only $0.50 of work. We all think the government or somebody owes us something. You know, I went to The MK recently and did not go on one ride. I had a blast just being in the atmosphere. A lot of people today do not appreciate how lucky we are. I would like to transport them back to 1900 and see how they survive without TV, talking (color) movies, and cars. Just my 2 cents, but remember that the Walt Disney Company was built on the ideas of a man who believe that the most important thing was keeping the family together.

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
The fact that today's youth (at least some of them) do not appreciate the older rides shows how spoiled, lazy, and entertainment driven today's world is. I see it all over the place (not just in youth) where people want $2 of pay for only $0.50 of work. We all think the government or somebody owes us something. You know, I went to The MK recently and did not go on one ride. I had a blast just being in the atmosphere. A lot of people today do not appreciate how lucky we are. I would like to transport them back to 1900 and see how they survive without TV, talking (color) movies, and cars. Just my 2 cents, but remember that the Walt Disney Company was built on the ideas of a man who believe that the most important thing was keeping the family together.

I like when you said you went to MK and just enjoyed the atmosphere, we do that all the time, when i'm there i just realize how lucky i am and i am always amazed at how wonderful the place is ! Sounds corny but just walking down Main street smelling the Disney air God i can't wait to be back !:D

Jerm

3 that should always be there.......

You know that is a tough thing, I am sure if Walt were still around (wow he would be 101 today......lol attraction down). Who knows what would still be around?????? But my list is simple:

ToT (the best Disney ride I have ever been on)
Alien Encounter (as it is now....love Stich but dont want to see him there)
AA (the most moving thing ever)

I am 100% sure my list would have changed if I had not been to DL (like a milion times) before going to WDW. To me all the attractions in MK are just scaled down versions of the stuff in DL. I am in no way saying they are not as good but just not the best, PotC is actually one of the few attractions I could do with out in MK because how diffrent and smaller it is there.

Just my 2 cents,
J

wilary

1. Horizons
2. 20,000 Leagues
3. Mission to Mars

Oh wait, they already took those out.

1. Pirates
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Hall of Presidents

mickey04

Originally posted by 10021982
Lets face it, allot of people ( especially teens) feel this way. Many folks on this board are Disney "purists" so we can't understand why this is happening. ( Remember, we are all Disney history buffs here.)

However, it's still a popular thought and we need to figure out how to deal with this as these rides get older.

Think about it, the older these rides get, the louder the calls will be to tear them down. Many folks don't appreciate the origins of these things.

I hope I'm wrong.

Yup, it's definately a sad thought that some people can't appreciate the genious behind PoC or CoP. Instead, they think rides like "the Incredible Hulk" at USO is the greatest attraction ever created, and expect Disney to work up to that level. We are going in the wrong direction if you ask me.

Michael72688

Originally posted by 10021982
Whoa,...ease up there. Without starting a war, tell us which rides that you are talking about and why they are "crap".

I'm very interested in your opinion. ( And I think Disney Execs are too..)

I'm young, and I'm sorry but rides like "its a small world" really dont tickle my fancy. Now dont get me wrong I love disney, but the really need to update their attractions and have rollercoasters, and rides that are more to todays standards, this is probably why none of the disney parks were rated #1 and Islands of Adventure was, it is a better park and you all know it!

General Grizz

Haha; I disagree with your IOA theory, but I can respect your opinions.

However, Disney isn't about coasters...a lot of Disney fans unearth the reality behind what is there. The Magic...the promise of tomorrow...the vision...the family...that is their goal.

The Magic Kingdom is still the most-visited theme park. And it's for the magic behind it. IOA may have been voted by someone...but I vote for the Magic Kingdom so HA! :p LOL You may not like It's a Small World...but it shouldn't be turned into a roller coaster. This attraction has been visited by thousands of families...bringing delight and wonderment. And now it's becoming less and less known that a secret to World Peace itself is behind this classic hit! ;)

I just suggest that you please don't don't cover everyone with your theory...we all have opinions!!...I don't intend to be mean...but I am just saying it may or may not be true!! :animwink: :animwink: :D Gracias! :) (Long live the Disney world!)

Michael72688

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Haha; I disagree with your IOA theory, but I can respect your opinions.

However, Disney isn't about coasters...a lot of Disney fans unearth the reality behind what is there. The Magic...the promise of tomorrow...the vision...the family...that is their goal.

The Magic Kingdom is still the most-visited theme park. And it's for the magic behind it. IOA may have been voted by someone...but I vote for the Magic Kingdom so HA! :p LOL You may not like It's a Small World...but it shouldn't be turned into a roller coaster. This attraction has been visited by thousands of families...bringing delight and wonderment. And now it's becoming less and less known that a secret to World Peace itself is behind this classic hit! ;)

I just suggest that you please don't don't cover everyone with your theory...we all have opinions!!...I don't intend to be mean...but I am just saying it may not be true!! :animwink: :animwink: :D Gracias! :)

I agree 100% w/ you, but like I said, I'm yound these are just my personal opinions and I'm a big fan of thrill rides so, I guess to me thats why I said it

goofyfan13

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
The fact that today's youth (at least some of them) do not appreciate the older rides shows how spoiled, lazy, and entertainment driven today's world is.

I agree with you totally but I just want to let you know that I'm one of the teens that absolutely love the originals. Such as, CoP, PoTC, Peter Pans Flight, SE, Living with the Land. Thats one thing that upsets me is half of my friends think parks like IoA are the best thing out there when there not. Universal is a OK park that I don't think deserves the #1 spot at all, parks like MK deserve it a lot more. Look at MK themeing, nothing, not even rides take a break in themeing at all. Whereas rides like the hulk and Dueling Dragons, have great theming up to the ride, then its a normal coaster when you get on it. I thought these are THEME parks!!
heck if I want a normal roller coaster I've got Cedar Point 3 hours away from me, when I'm in Orlando its all about the theming, and Disney is the best spot without a doubt for that.

Cliff

Original Poster
I always felt that WDW and DL are "cerebral" parks. I mean, they involve a tremendous amount of....well...."thinking".

Right from the begining, they put "little things" to think about everywhere you went. Observent people will notice them, people with short attention spans don't.

Rather than just appeal to your sense of thrill and adrenalene ( spelling?).....WDW/DL was designed to appeal more to your "mind" and your "heart" than anything else.

Don't get me wrong, I love Roller Coasters too...I REALLY do!! I love the feel of 4 G's pulling me into my seat......But I love the sensation of....."wonderment" and "magic" even more. Much much more.

It's a feeling that lasts longer than 30 seconds....it lasts a lifetime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom