Attractions that should NEVER leave WDW....Ever!

Cliff

Original Poster
Very interesting so far,

We have the big classics that I expected:

Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Spaceship earth
Jungle Cruise
Country Bear

Some of the ones that I didn't expect were:

Living seas
Muppet vision
Kali Rapids
Alien encounter

I wonder why nobody mentioned the big e ticket draws:

Tower of Terror
Test Track
Rockin' Roller Coaster
Countdown to Extinction (Dinosaur)
etc.....

Does this mean that the new expensive rides don't touch our hearts the way the original (slower) classics do?

Example: As much as I love Test Track, I would not throw a massive fit if they announced tomorrow that WDI was replacing it with the next "latest and greatest" thrill ride.

Again, I LOVE Test Track....I'm just not "attatched" to it. ( Two very different things )

In general, I don't feel that the newer rides have the same "heart" and "sincerity" that many of the older ones have.

I want WDI to think about this as they move forward.

Anyone else agree?

CT :- )

Dough!....Amendment: Someone DID mention TT and RRC before I posted. Well,....I'm still sticking to my theory! : - )

Brett

1) Space Mountain
2) Pirates of the Caribbean
3) Jungle Cruise

I didn't list anything from EPCOT because it's supposed to be an ever-changing park. As the Studios needs constant updates, in my opinion. The Magic Kingdom is Walt's baby. Leave his attractions alone.

MicBat

Originally posted by Brett
I didn't list anything from EPCOT because it's supposed to be an ever-changing park. As the Studios needs constant updates, in my opinion. The Magic Kingdom is Walt's baby. Leave his attractions alone.

Good points!

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Right!

There is a different with FRIEND attractions and FAMILY attractions - that's how I see it.

When you're right , you're right !:lol: Agree with both of you 100 %:D

stingrock23

I think the reason not many e-ticket attractions have been chosen is because e-ticket rides don't really get removed. what was the last one?? It seems classic attractions are bring removed in favor of e-ticket rides. Disney won't get rid of e-ticket thrill rides. So I guess we just wouldn't expect Disney to remove the bigger attractions.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Spaceship Earth - keeping EVERYTHING as it is now
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Fantasmic (not a ride - but what a great attraction)

disneyisbest

Correct me if I am wrong here, but unless they close the COP. I can't think of any of Walt Disney's attractions(and by that I mean ones that he made the plans for) that has been removed. Or at least I can't think of any.

RandeB

Nostalgia

I think people mostly name attractions that they grew up with. I think Tower of Terror is the best attraction Disney has in FLA, but my 3 'wouldn't be the same without's are;

1) Haunted Mansion
2) Peter Pan
3) Space Mountain

I'm old enough to remember when Space Mt was the NEW ride, but it's been long enough so it seems it's always been there.

Ellen Ripley

1. haunted mansion
2. pirates of the caribbean
3. space mountain

without these three there is no reason to return to the kingdom for me. in fact i think disney should make updated versions, sequals, or expand upon the idea of the rides with new ones and place them next to the originals. in the way that mission space will be an up to date space flight adventure to space mountains classic (although i know they will not be anywhere near each other). they could extend the haunted mansion into a small "haunted land" or place another pirate attraction inside the caribbean plaza. i would perfer if they went back to the original tiki room and i miss horizons. more indoor/outdoors like in the mexico pavilion! yeah:sohappy:

Cliff

Original Poster
Originally posted by Michael72688
most of the old rides are crap, we should look at the newer better ones!

Whoa,...ease up there. Without starting a war, tell us which rides that you are talking about and why they are "crap".

I'm very interested in your opinion. ( And I think Disney Execs are too..)

CT : - )

ArsonWinter

(I tried to pick ones other than the oldstanding classics, many of which I don't see them changing, like PotC, ToT, Big Thunder, or Space Mountian.)

1.) Alien Encounter - and by that, I mean, don't completely destroy the essence of the ride.

2.) That Walt Disney Museum-esque thing in the Studios... I haven't seen it yet, and would like to.

3.) Horizons... oh darn... um, hmm, the Malestom?

meanmice

PotC
Haunted Mansion
CoP
Enchanted Tiki Room

I know there's four, but it's all good. I love the old rides and the new ones.

Buford

Originally posted by Michael72688
most of the old rides are crap, we should look at the newer better ones!

What are you talking about? Take that, reverse it...

then THAT'S more like it!! :lol:

Like 3.141592 said :)lol:, what does your Screename stand for? :) ) please explain to us what you mean! I LOVE my family!

HMGhost13

1-Haunted Mansion (never shange, never do anything to this...big fan basis with more coming in each year)

2-Pirates (ditto :lol)

3-Rock 'N' Roller-i just love this ride!

Cliff

Original Poster
Originally posted by OneLittleSpark
What are you talking about? Take that, reverse it...

then THAT'S more like it!! :lol:

Like 3.141592 said :)lol:, what does your Screename stand for? :) ) please explain to us what you mean! I LOVE my family!

You mean..."me"? My screen name? Figure it out, it's super easy.

CT : - ):hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom