Attraction Smells :)

muffinhands

im surprised no one mentioned the shampoo and soap from the value resorts. I ask mousekeeping for about 20 of each every time i go to remind me of Disney when i get home. also, that horse/burning rubber smell on the monorail.

Well now I feel weird saying this since no one else has, but I like the smell in the alley of RnRC. The smell of your clothes after getting wet on Splash brings back some good memories too

mickeysbrother

You can blindfold any of us and stick us into a ride and just by smelling and hearing we know what ride we are on. Thats what makes disney so magical. When you go home certain smells trigger u and u stop and breath while everyone stops and looks at u funny. Ohh well only real disney people know what that means to us. :)

J03Y

as icky i find the smell of Splash Mountain, every time i go it just feels so wholesome.

the smells of the countries at World Showcase are really good too. ALL THE FOOD SMELLS FABULOUS :sohappy:

and there is a scene on Spaceship Earth that depicts the smell of burning wood so good. sometimes i go just because the feel and smells are so accurate.

You can blindfold any of us and stick us into a ride and just by smelling and hearing we know what ride we are on. Thats what makes disney so magical. When you go home certain smells trigger u and u stop and breath while everyone stops and looks at u funny. Ohh well only real disney people know what that means to us. :)

Oh I do that all the time, lol. I'll get out of the car in a parking lot and all of a sudden the smell just hits me and I'm like "oooohhhh Disney" :p

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Wow, such a random post to become so popular :lol:

I'm surprised nobody else particularly likes that "old-kinda-smell" from CoP :lookaroun

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

J03Y

......the entrance room of the HM and the lobby of TT.

omg YES
gaga.gif

StAug WDW fan

Chlorine

I'm curious how they are able to keep the water in Splash Mountain, Pirates, etc so clean and NOT smell like chlorine. My daughter spent years on two different swim teams so I've been around lots of pools and they all smell like chlorine. If you think about these rides many in in the dark which must be a nightmare to keep the algae from growing. So I'd really like to know how they pull it off.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm curious how they are able to keep the water in Splash Mountain, Pirates, etc so clean and NOT smell like chlorine. My daughter spent years on two different swim teams so I've been around lots of pools and they all smell like chlorine. If you think about these rides many in in the dark which must be a nightmare to keep the algae from growing. So I'd really like to know how they pull it off.

They use Bromine instead of Chlorine, and I don't know to what level they treat it, but I would doubt they go to the same level of an actual pool.

Agreed though, it must be a nightmare to keep those huge water systems in balance.

We call it the Disney buzz buzz smell. While there are unique smells around. There is an ever present background smell that is a combination of off gassing from touch-up paint, plastic, new store merchandise, fresh cut grass, popcorn, food, and attraction guide rail grease. All combine to produce the Disney Buzz Buzz smell that we know and love.

Well my family just added a new word to our Disney vocabulary. "Disney buzz buzz smell" love it.

WED Purist

Is it just me?

There are a lot of duplicates on here, so I'll throw out a new one. Have you ever noticed that the Phoenician scene in Space Ship Earth smells like crayons? I always loved that, since the scene is now how the Phoenicians taught us our ABCs, and the first time most of us wrote was with a crayon.

Or maybe it's just me.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
There are a lot of duplicates on here, so I'll throw out a new one. Have you ever noticed that the Phoenician scene in Space Ship Earth smells like crayons? I always loved that, since the scene is now how the Phoenicians taught us our ABCs, and the first time most of us wrote was with a crayon.

Or maybe it's just me.

Never noticed that.. I'll pay more attention to that part next time to see if I can get that smell :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom