Attraction Smells :)

littlemsmowgli

I love the smell of the water in POTC, and the oranges in Soarin'. Plus there's the smell of the Philharmagic theater, right when you first walk in that smells like velvet seats and apple pie. :slurp:

i do too! my school's main theatre is in the building that used to be the gym, where the pool was housed. although the rennovation was a long time ago, whenever i walk in, it still has the pool/chlorine-y smell, and coupled with the blasting AC, it brings me right to POTC or SM every single time.

Oh, and then there's the smell of the Wilderness Lodge lobby....and that first whiff of popcorn when you go through the tunnel onto Main Street....and the smell of the Main Street Bakery.....and that smell of ozone from the humidity of a Florida morning when you first walk out of your hotel room.... :p

Billy6

Today when I kicked on the AC to take the heat out of my car, it smelled like the Monorail AC stench...But I didn't mind...:)

Walt Disney1955

I've always thought Pirates and Small World had pretty much the same smell.

The train has that smell to it. The steam engine perhaps.

Country Bear Jamboree smells pretty much smells the same as it sounds if that makes any sense

comics101

Someone once told me the Imagineers who built MK and EPCOT Center went as far as to pump a certain scent into all attractions that had water in them because that's what water is supposed to smell like, and it just kind of stuck so Imagineers to this day do the same. Does that even make sense? Lol idk if there's any truth to that at all...probably not I suppose.
Anywho, I agree with PotC and Splash, and SSE lol. I think my absolute favorite smell is the smell of the entire Land pavilion though. There's just something so familiar about it, with Soarin', and then the water from LWTL, and all the tasty food lol. I also love the smell of the Riverside lobby...

benyeomans

POTC is great for smells...imo :ROFLOL: Walking through the queue you get a certain cold, wet and musty smell. Once you're of the boat the water smell is great plus going through the village you get the fire smell.

I Love POTC

Mikester71

Not so much an attraction smell as a souvenir smell, but my wife and daughter fell in love with this perfume smell in the Norway pavilion on our last trip and have talked about it ever since we got back (March 2011 - so a LONG time :ROFLOL:). Every time we walked through the World Showcase that trip they both had to stop in and smell it. They regret not buying it while we were there. Well, low and behold, my daughter found the perfume on sale on WDW's website last night under Park Merchandise, so ordered it right away for herself and is anxiously awaiting its arrival.

As for an attraction smell, for me it has to be SSE or POTC. They both have those distinct smells that you only smell while on the rides themselves.

MickeyMind

Yes the e.t. smell is the best!!! wdw water rides come in at a close second to that though.. I really wish there was something I can buy to make my house smell like e.t.!

DisneyJunkie

The smell inside Space Mountain is probably the best one to me. Then there's the various scents in Soarin', the smell inside Haunted Mansion, the fallen Rome scene in Spaceship Earth, the smell of the candy shop/bakery on Main Street USA as you walk into the park.....

col

I love the smells of POTC and Splash so much! Every indoor ride in wdw is amazing to me.. Nothing like the smells of Disney!! Even when I walk into the lobby of the resort for the first time, the air when the doors open hits ya right in the face and I just take a big wiff of that smell!! lol

Exactly!!!

UPbeekeeper

There was always a distinct smell as soon as you walked in the doors to Dreamflight. I really loved that ride. The smell is still there even though it is now the Buzz Lightyear ride, which I'm not a huge fan of. But as soon as I go inside, I close my eyes, take a deep breath and relive my memories of Dreamflight. For those first few seconds, it's still Dreamflight for me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom