Attempted Rape at Pop Century

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
The police report , published on the local FOX affiliate web page. states the incident was classified as an "attempted sexual battery" It says the incident took place on 12/14/07 at 17:50 hrs. Its also says the area is a path next to Building #5, and states there bushes on one side, and a wall on the other. The officer reporting it also states it was in a "WELL LIGHTED AREA" Thers a lot blacked out on it, most likely personal information.
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/documents/121807_Disney_battery_report.pdf
I wonder which building is #5? On the maps they give you at check-in they just say 50's, 60's, etc..

The Mak

I wonder which building is #5? On the maps they give you at check-in they just say 50's, 60's, etc..

Building 5 is the 60's building on your left as you're leaving the main building and walking towards the hippy dippy pool. Your room number starts with the building number. 5308 for example would be building five, 3rd floor, room 08.

dpunky

Pop Century is one of the better lit resorts. I won't say I'm surprised that an incident like this has happened because there a lot of sick crazy people out there they will try to pull this crime anywhere. It's good that police were on the scene quickly and were able to handle the situation professionally.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
You know I always walk by myself to refill our mugs after we get back from the parks that night. I have always felt safe...but I guess being at the wrong place at the wrong time...maybe I should have mace with me next year when we go..:shrug:

Its not just hotels you have to worry about but any where on disney propery u should not be alone. Trust me i learned that the hard way over a yr ago when i was sexually assulted at downtown disney. It is something that we all need to be careful about no matte rwho we are.

MinnieLee

My husband & I never even considered anything happening to us when at WDW but this October we were there when the couple were robbed at Planet Hollywood. We were talking to a waitress at Downtown Disney and she said there are alot of "undesirables" who know that WDW visitors have their guard down and that are carrying money. Access to the resorts is also so easy now. The waitresses have to park across the street behind the Hess station and they don't even go to their cars alone at night when the restaurant closes down because they are carrying cash tips so they either go in groups or have a security guard walk them. I always walk the resorts alone and never thought of being attacked. Sad. Glad the women is OK though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom