At What Point Have You Arrived (In Each Park)

DigitalDisney

Original Poster
The title of the topic says it all

When do you ultimately feel that you have arrived in each of the four parks.

MK - For me, it takes more than being in front of the train station. The "you have arrived" moment hits me as soon as I cross through the tunnels under the train station and I am actually standing in Main Street. It is at this point that you can hear the music from Main Street and you are standing in the middle of the Town Square.

EP - Standing directly underneath Spaceship Earth just doesn't do it for me. I really feel like I'm in Epcot when I am standing in the Innoventions Plaza.

MGM - The moment occurs when I turn from Hollywood Blvd onto Sunset Blvd and I can completely see the Tower of Terror

AK - Once again, simply standing in the Entrance Area doesn't cut it for me. I really get that "you are there" feeling when I cross the bridge from the Oasis into Discovery Island and I can see the Tree of Life in all its glory.

EmeraldDolphin

I guess you have pretty much summed it up for me too!!

yep... definitely have... I would like to be able to say something different... for conversation sake... but it happens for me exactly as you say... in all 4 parks! :)

MicBat

I agree w/all of those except for the Epcot one... right when I'm in front of the fountain and inbetween all of the leave a legacy boulders is when I feel I have arrived at Epcot

kaliriverrider

Great Thread!

A nice ethereal thread DD,

MK - when I get to Walt's statue and I have to decide which way to go... Left for a dole pineapple float, right for a ride on Space mountain, or straight ahead for Peter Pan (makes me feel like I'm 5 again)

EP - Ice Station Cool! I know it's just a coke ad, but I love Lift Apple and vegitabea. I don't feel really at home until I'm on Spaceship earth when the cold blast of air hits me on the way up and I hear 'like a grand and miraculous spaceship...'

AK - The first glimpse of the Tree of life

MGM - The hat doesn't do much for me, but Hollywood blvd. does, I like to sit a while and watch people go by.

But the first thing I do when i get to WDW is go to the Polynesian and get a (virgin) pina colada.

Brett

Good topic!! For me it's:

MK: When I walk under the train station and right into Main Street and see the castle. Nothing says I'm "home" better than that.

Epcot: Just seeing Spaceship Earth. It just does it for me.

MGM: Seeing the spinning Mickey on that structure at the very front of the park. It's great!

AK: Walking past the Tree of Life to the right and the entrance to DinoLand U.S.A. It just does it for, I guess!

Epcot is my fav

MK- walking down mainstreet in front of the castle
EPCOT- when we take the monorail the grand circle tour before you even get to the park
MGM- walking down towrds Tower of Terror
AK- Going to Its Tough to be a Bug show.......walking around the Tree of Life gives me chills

bmxviper02

Originally posted by MicBat
I agree w/all of those except for the Epcot one... right when I'm in front of the fountain and inbetween all of the leave a legacy boulders is when I feel I have arrived at Epcot

same here

Steamboat_Kevin

MK: When I get my first glimpse of Cinderella Castle, this may sound corny, but I kinda get a magical feeling in my stomach, knowing I'm going to have a great time today!
Epcot: When I hear the music, Epcot music is so cool and pretty.
My mom has a Mannheim Steamroller CD that reminds me of Epcot music also.
MGM: I dunno really, probably when I first go to Muppet Vision 3D.
AK: No idea, I've only been here once.

Peaches

MK: when I come out from under the train station and see main street and the castle ahead.

Epcot: Usually always come in from the International Gataway entrance. So the walk up the hill past Gateway Gifts and to the top near the bridge does it for me.

Ak; Seeing the Tree of Life.

MGM: Walking towards the entrance, Seeing the Tower of terror to the right.

:) That was a great idea for a post, It really rekindled some great memories

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
MK: when i see the Magic Kingdom sign...but mainly guessing where we will park...then seeing "grump 101" or whatever (acutally that is the number where we parked on NYE 2000-2001)

Ep: standing under Spaceship Earth

MGM:seeing the theater

Ak: seeing the tree of life and approach the oasis

RobVanDam

MK- when you cross the road from the train station and walk under the trees.. whenever i do that i go ... "I'm home..."

Epcot- Jumping in line for Spaceship Earth.... no question about it

MGM - Right when you walk in ... its BAM.. im here..

DAK- Ummm.... probably standing in line for Its Tough to be a bug

WDWspider

Originally posted by MicBat

This is me too, but I need to see the Castle at the end of Main street first. :)

soccer9miahamm

Good question!
I think that the moment for me would be:
Magic Kingdom- seeing the castle (of couse) but I think that when I get in line for Splash Mt. it does it for me; Tomorrowland is also something that makes me realize where I really am
EPCOT- Seeing the EPCOT ball is awesome, but I think that it is just the music and the gardening, and just the ambiance; Test Track would probably be the thing that makes me wake up to the fact that I am there
MGM- has to be seeing the Tower of Terror (my favorite ride of all time)-more important though, is being on it
Animal Kingdom-the Tree of Life and Dinosaur

disneyfan123

What a great topic.... rekindling some fantastic memories:

MK: When I walk under the train station and I can hear the music from Main Street. I just get that "I'm Home!!!" feeling and you know that you are going to have a magical day.

Epcot: Jumping in line for Spacehip Earth def does it for me!

MGM: I agree with you Digital Disney - It has to be seeing the Tower of Terror at the end of Sunset Boulevard.

AK: Seeing the Tree of Life.

ONLY 25 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Lovecraft

I feel like I have arrived when I turn off of the interstate and see the "Walt Disney World" sign with the little flags and characters on it. It always fills me with joy.

For MK - I have arrived when I step on the ferry or monorail.

For Epcot - when I walk under the monorail station

For MGM - hmm this is a tough one, probably when I get to the first pin station.

For AK - as soon as I pass outside of the rainforest cafe.

maelstrom

When I cross over the Georgia/Florida border and go to the Florida welcome center and get my free cup of orange juice, I feel so great (I feel like I'm home). Then when I get off of 95 and get onto 4, I start feeling even better. Once I see 192 I know I'm almost there. Then we drive under the welcoming arches and I know I'm there! (I love actually driving to Florida) And I love taking the Magic Kingdom resorts road, because it takes me to the Contemporary!

MK - must go on the Wedway first thing.

Epcot - just walking through the gate. I <3 Epcot.

I don't really have a special part in MGM or AK.. I don't like them nearly as much as Epcot and the MK.

dixiegirl

when i'm at port orleans riverside and the bus comes saying"magic kingdom" thats how i know and it becomes even more real as i'm driving down the street in the bus and i see the top of space mountain..then cindy's castle ...... then i'm dropped off at the bus stop and walking through the entrance and seeing the castle............i'm sorry it's just absolutly breathtaking........i could just do everyday at the magic kingdom and be perfectly happy...........wooooooooohoooooooo 23 more days:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom