At What Point Have You Arrived (In Each Park)

dixiegirl

oh i forgot.......when i'm coming form the airport in my mears bus and i see that huge WALT DISNEY WORLD sign........with the characters on the sides.........that it for me too....:sohappy:

Robfasto

Magic Kingdom:

For me it is when I exit the monrail at the Magic Kingdom. For so many years when the Magic Kingdom was the only park at Walt Disney World. Since I normal always hit the Magic Kingdom first I feel that I have arrived.

Epcot:

Rounding the bend on the monorail and seeing Spaceship Earth then passing through Future World on the way to the Epcot Monorail Station.

Disney-MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom:

Just exiting the bus at the bus stops for the parks lets me know that I am there and the dreaded long walk to get to the Entrance of the parks.

In general though it is easier to get the feeling just staying at home. With the internet growing by leaps and bounds over the last few years compared to no internet 10-12 years ago it make my time away from Disney easier. With so much information, pictures and videos online already I can only Imagine what is ahead during the next 10 or so years.

wdwfairy

wow reading all of this is making me homesick for Disney..

MK: The minute my foot touches the ground after exiting the monorail does it for me.. and depending which I do first, getting in line for Splash Mt. or entering Tomorrowland always touch me

Epcot: I actually feel I'm in Epcot once I make it to the World Showcase..

MGM: as soon as I can see the Tower of Terror

AK: right outside Rainforest Cafe near the entrance

driving from Texas, we really feel the Disney spirit as soon as we pass under the "Walt Disney World" sign after a very long drive!

Disney_Belle

this is a re-creation of my thoughts before even getting to WDW(it happens every visit)

First I get to the airport in Providence, and see people returning from WDW with bags of stuff and kids holding stuffed animals, that makes me sad because i feel bad for them, but then i think, oh yeah im going no need to be upset. Then when I land in the airport, i get on the monorail to go from teh terminal to baggage claim i think "hmm im on a monorail, not THE monorail, but almost" and then getting on the shuttle driving to WDW every 10 feet there is a billboard advertising TEST TRACK and ITS TOUGH TO BE A BUG. Every one we pass I know I am getting closer. Then, I see it, the big sign that says "Walt Disney World" i get teary - eyed (im such a cornball lol) and then i feel like ok im home for a week. Walking into the resort and smelling the scents of the lobby and food courts. Check in then walk out the back to my room. You see pools and kids and families and it really hits me, im here. The first bus ride is always exciting. looking out the windows at everything going by.

finally getting to when i know im in the parks,

MK - walking into the park looking at all the bricks with names on them seeing who lives near me. hearing the WDW trains going by i can hardly get into the park fast enough. then when i walk under the bridge, grab a park map look at it then i look up there it is, Cinderella's castle, main street U.S.A, and to the right, city hall with the bronze Goofy sitting on a bench. thats when I know I am there.

Epcot - I know I am there when I see everything written in that spaceship/epcot-ish font lol. but then going through the leave a legacy tils under spaceship earth and into innoventions plaza where a huge fountain is dancing to music, thats when im in epcot.

MGM - getting there and seeing the top of the tower of terror gives me butterflies in my stomach. knowing i will be going on sometime during the day gets me ready to go in. i see the spinning mickey, the *gas station* to the right, and the pluto sign with the wagging tail. and at the end, the theater ( before the view was obstructed with a hat). then im at MGM

Animal Kingdom - walking through the oasis with the tropical music playing in every direction walking under rocks and through caves and then on the bridge with the incredible view of the tree of life (the even more incredible view is walking close up to it looking at the animals) but that isnt the sign im there, when im on the bridge taking pictures of the tree and the first cast member is asking to take pictures of me and my family infront of the tree thats when i finally am at AK, and then before finally getting over the bridge about 2 more ask :)

sorry for the lengthy post, but i get myself excited going to disney world by the little things that hint I am almost there and finally there. I just wanted to share :)

WDWBro

MK- "Walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A."

EPCOT- In front of 'Leave a Legacy' with the entrance music

MGM- Turning right at the hat and seeing the ToT

AK- Walking in Africa and Asia

STEWIE FOR GOVERNOR!!

CaliSurfer182

I guess I am just a simple man because I feel like I am really in each park as soon as I have my parking space.

However when I go through those WDW arches off of I-4 I do truly feel like I am home again. I get this warm feeling inside of me, and it feels like I almost never left.

Also when I ride the monorail into MK I think it hits me, that I am free from the daily grind of the real world. I can start to be me again, at least for a little while.

JMagicFink

what does it for me

Well, tasting that first bite of garlic mashed potatoes tells me I am at Cinderella's Royal Table and I have arrived in the Magic Kingdom.

Sinking my teeth into that fat and juicy cheese burger at Backlot Express is what does it for me at MGM.

When I get to the point where I have to ask for more flanked steak at Garden Grill, I feel I have arrived at Epcot.

And Lastly, I don't feel like I have arrived at Animal Kingdom until I hear "Volcano!"

mmmmmm, disney food.........freakin' sweet!

mej

Before I even arrive at Disney I love arriving at MCO and getting the airport monorail - 3 weeks stretch out in front of us and it seems like a lifetime!

After leaving the airport it has to be the 3D billboards alongside the roads - so "un" Northern Ireland!!

MK- Walking under the railway and picking up a map (like I need one!!!!) especially if Rafiki is around to welcome me! Also, the first time we meet Peter Pan with DD. He has never disappointed her and will always be "the boy of her dreams"!
Leaving MK for the last time each trip I like to go by boat to see the Castle behind me - bittersweet!!

Epcot- Arriving in World Showcase - especially doing Maelstrom for some reason??

MGM - D__________g round behind the hat to see the theatre

AK - Waiting for the Lion King Show to begin - will we be giraffes?? Warthogs?? Elephants?? Or Lions??? The excitement!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom