Pre-Trip At Last I See The Light

Wow. I haven't posted or interacted with my Magicians in so long.. Do y'all even remember me?!

I had a work trip booked back in April 2020 - CANCELLED

I had my (first) Christmas trip planned for December 2020 - CANCELLED

I could've managed the trip pandemic wise in December.. but I work for a large state university. They told us "sure you can travel, and then you have to quarantine for two weeks after you return and use PTO to do so.” Uh... no thanks.

It's been such a hard year, I needed something to look forward to.

Pop Tv Hope GIF by Schitt's Creek

I have had some EXTRA stress (because who doesn't need more of it these days?!) that I have been pretty open about if you follow me on other social media channels. My husband, Ian, and I have been struggling with infertility for a number of years now. It is one of the reason it made it hard to come read trip reports, lots of guys and gals celebrating this wonderful event (but painful for me to see) When the pandemic began, we finally started going the *science* route to help the process of starting our family. The very expensive and emotional process. All I wanted during this time was to be home at Disney World, but no dice. After our cancelled December trip, we had moved on to IVF.

174427967_10219367086907978_1545299825599423640_n.jpg

We had some successes, some failures, and lots of heartbreak. Sometime in March I decided that I couldn't put my life on hold indefinitely, and booked a trip to celebrate my 30th birthday in November - plus seeing WDW at Christmas which was my goal in 2020!

(sensitive warning)

And then this little embryo....

172824540_10219337340124327_232510830194453571_n.jpg

Finally turned into...

test.jpg

scan.jpg

The very best thing to happen during this AWFUL period of ours lives! Baby N is due December 30, 2021! (also, if you follow me on Instagram, I haven't announced this yet - so you have the insider scoop!)

Celebrate New Girl GIF

So.. Why am I posting HERE?

The November trip we planned was a bit too far into my pregnancy … so I made a quick change to the end of September!

Our NEW and BOOKED trip with flights PURCHASED is:

When: September 24th - October 2nd
Where: Pop Century (Ian's first time NOT at a Deluxe..)
Who: My husband Ian & me + a baby on board!
Why: Well.. birthday/babymoon ALL THE CELEBRATIONS. Mostly.. a final trip with just us before we are a family of 3!

I mean.. 4! (Sorry Gus)

123063770_10218271303634081_7098705518352368604_n.jpg

I feel like I'm really going to use this PTR in the coming months to get any advice on doing Disney pregnant and trying to be as prepared as possible. Setting my expectations accordingly always helps to ensure a more successful trip. ALSO - really hoping to do the Boo Bash! :)

So - here's to my first trip in WAY too long and bringing along Baby N (to be!)

Last edited:

annienevells

Original Poster
51 days to go!!!

Now.. did I have a teeny tiny pregnancy hormones induced fit when they announced the reintroduction of the mask requirement indoors and on attractions? Unfortunately, yes.. yes I did. I am vaccinated and also will follow any rule rolled out by Disney or any other business/government BUT... I don't have to like it LOL

I was just looking forward to a babymoon and last WDW trip for quite a while that was a bit more "normal" I guess. I understand the need, just feel a bit disappointed.

BUT - when I booked this trip masks were required everywhere, fireworks hadn't returned, etc. - so there is much to look forward to!!

As of this week I am also halfway through my pregnancy! I can't wait to eat my way around the world in a REAL way on this trip 😆

Hungry Full House GIF

227722981_10219940257636888_2700998701800987727_n.jpg

We ordered our Magic Bands the other day and I secretly added a last minute engraving to them to surprise Ian just for fun!

ian magic.png

annei magic.png

Last week I secured as many ADRs as possible, but man it was ROUGH. I have never had that kind of experience booking dining before. It really hit home how much things have changed. I would say that we are most excited for our pre-park opening breakfast at 'Ohana - simply because the Poly is so special to us and it will just be nice to be back there together!

As of now, still have not decided on costumes for Boo Bash. Stay tuned!!

k8einwdw

I’m SO late to the party, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

My advice for doing Disney pregnant is to set the bar lowwww. Take lots of breaks, and enjoy a slower-paced trip. And of course, eat all the food! I’d recommend packing a heating pad to relieve your lower back at the end of the night, as well as something to soothe your feet (I used peppermint foot lotion). Wear compression socks! And pack Tums! I had baddddd heartburn the latter half of my pregnancy, so Tums were my best friend!

PineapplePrincess

Wow...I'm really late! Since you told me our trips would overlap and I said I would keep an eye out for you, I thought I'd better read this to remind myself what you looked like. ;) Imagine my surprise and delight at your wonderful news! Congratulations! Girls are amazing!

annienevells

Original Poster
36 DAYS!!!!

Channeling all my Disney energy into baby girl's nursery in the meantime.

236954179_10220046900222886_4975535187463023691_n.jpg

(@27willowlane on Instagram - she is AMAZING)

I am also feeling VERY happy about my Boo Bash ticket purchase. The short waits in the cool of the night will be totally worth it!

krisri18

36 DAYS!!!!

Channeling all my Disney energy into baby girl's nursery in the meantime.

View attachment 580633

(@27willowlane on Instagram - she is AMAZING)

I am also feeling VERY happy about my Boo Bash ticket purchase. The short waits in the cool of the night will be totally worth it!
I thought that was you in her post!! Congrats on getting that amazing piece! Perfect for the nursery!

annienevells

Original Poster
My last update had my countdown at 36 days.. and now it is officially happening one week from tomorrow!!!

I have a 3-hour glucose test for gestational diabetes TWO days before our trip, and I really need all the good vibes that I will pass it so I can eat all the Disney treats worry free on our trip 😆

That's it, that is the whole update. CANNOT WAIT :)

lindawdw

My last update had my countdown at 36 days.. and now it is officially happening one week from tomorrow!!!

I have a 3-hour glucose test for gestational diabetes TWO days before our trip, and I really need all the good vibes that I will pass it so I can eat all the Disney treats worry free on our trip 😆

That's it, that is the whole update. CANNOT WAIT :)
Good luck with your test!!! Your WDW will be here before you know it!

RememberWhen

Good luck with your test! Is that the regular glucose test? Unless they specifically told you you have to fast, eat something. Eggs, coffee, something with protein so you don’t feel wobbly. Good luck! So excited to hear about your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom