AstroOrbiter Refurb 2019

mickEblu

Tomorrowland looks so much better opened up. I really hope they move or remove Astro Orbiter. If they decide to open that bottleneck permanently, whatever that pile of crap is that is now visible from the hub would need to be addressed next. Looks like something they found at the local trash dump, and I remember thinking it looked terrible in person when I last visited. It makes Mission Breakout look like the Mona Lisa.

Aaahhhh. Looks so much better.

NateD1226

Here is a picture from this morning

DisneyScott

Leave it gone... Remove the rocks... Tear out the orbitron and put the moonliner on top of the platform as a weenie. It's not the refurb we deserve but it would be better than what's there now.

Tomorrowland honestly causes me legitimate sadness. A land originally designed to inspire young minds has turned into a constant reminder of past failures and what things could have been.

Nothing will change until people stop visiting the land. That won't happen anytime soon because Space Mountain is far too popular.

Sublyme

If not already acknowledged in this thread, I believe Astro orbiter will be getting a permanent Star Wars overlay ala x-wings and tie fighters, potentially with something sexy like video comms in the cockpit. This, coupled with Star Tours and an overlay of Hyper Space Mountain, will help to calm some of the frustration over how difficult it will be to access Galaxys Edge.

mccgavin

If not already acknowledged in this thread, I believe Astro Orbiter will be getting a permanent Star Wars overlay ala x-wings and tie fighters, potentially with something sexy like video comms in the cockpit. This, coupled with Star Tours and an overlay of Hyper Space Mountain, will help to calm some of the frustration over how difficult it will be to access Galaxys Edge.
I personally don't see that very plausible. While it is likely HyperSpace Mountain will come back for a while, once the dust has settled I think Star Wars is going to slowly creep it's way out of Tomorrowland. If Astro Orbiter ever gets some kind of re-imagining, it will probably be along with the potential future Tomorrowland revamp.

Sharon&Susan

If not already acknowledged in this thread, I believe Astro orbiter will be getting a permanent Star Wars overlay ala x-wings and tie fighters, potentially with something sexy like video comms in the cockpit. This, coupled with Star Tours and an overlay of Hyper Space Mountain, will help to calm some of the frustration over how difficult it will be to access Galaxys Edge.
If this was true, Disney would’ve promoted it months ago on their Parks Blog and make it sound like it’s the next PoTC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom