AstroOrbiter Refurb 2019

Figments Friend

Yup, they tore it apart and are now rebuilding it.

org_dsc07700.jpg

Wow...fantastic.

Nice to see that view in the meantime.
:)

-

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Of course the original ToT at DCA was no beauty queen. It was pretty plain and cheap looking compared to DHS and Disney Sea versions. Just look at Paris if you've forgotten already.

I agree, but slapping a Marvel franchise on it was not the solution. Arguably the new ride makes the entire park weaker due to the fact that it's visible from nearly everywhere in the park. They could have kept ToT and plussed it to make it more enjoyable and immersive without adding a movie franchise. Obviously they couldn't make it exactly like WDW, but I believe WDI had the ability to make it spectacular. Sadly the powers that be don't see it that way.

I had no problem with the DCA ToT. It was a fantastic ride for people who enjoyed the thematic integrity / story of the ToT, with a more thrill-based ride system. Apparently they're not taking great care of the one in Florida so I am thankful the one in DCA was reliable.

if a change HAD to occur, like CBS was suing Disney to get rid of the contract or something.. then I would've absolutely preferred a variant of Hotel Hightower or another original hotel story. Mission Breakout was probably the absolute worst thing they could've done, and they did it.

First impression after watching this -

Elsa is being turned into the next Marvel 'superhero'.
Totally getting that vibe from the opening sequence.

Oy vey....
😑

Now the Marvel 'infestation' is crossing over into other territories.
'Synergy'...!
🧐

-

I feel the exact same way.

"Frozen 2: True Lies" meets "Marvel Superhero Universe".

Yup, they tore it apart and are now rebuilding it.

org_dsc07700.jpg

Darn, sorta wish they made it open space and moved it for when Tomorrowland gets it's big renovation.

Phroobar

Elsa is such a Mary Sue.;)
I liked the Frozen 2 trailer at the end of Ralph Breaks the Internet better.

Last edited:

mickEblu

First impression after watching this -

Elsa is being turned into the next Marvel 'superhero'.
Totally getting that vibe from the opening sequence.

Oy vey....
😑

Now the Marvel 'infestation' is crossing over into other territories.
'Synergy'...!
🧐

-

You mean like what they re doing with Bo Peep in Toy Story 4?

Ugh

In case anyone forgot, women can be strong Super Hero’s too. I feel that they didn’t hammer the point hard enough with Frozen, Incredibles 2, the new Star Wars trilogy and all of the Marvel Super Sheros. They NEEEDED to do this.

248C9647-419B-4EAE-B7DC-22159AE4C3F2.jpeg

How about some balance and diversification instead of a dramatic overcorrection for the past 90 years??

Last edited:

D.Silentu

..if a change HAD to occur, like CBS was suing Disney to get rid of the contract or something.. then I would've absolutely preferred a variant of Hotel Hightower or another original hotel story. Mission Breakout was probably the absolute worst thing they could've done, and they did it.
Really, all they had to do was scrub all references to the Twilight Zone, the haunted elevator backstory was good enough on its own.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Really, all they had to do was scrub all references to the Twilight Zone, the haunted elevator backstory was good enough on its own.

I'm not sure if there was something in the contract saying it couldn't stay "Hollywood Tower Hotel" or not without the Twilight Zone Theme. But you're absolutely right!

Ugh. We lost that romantic old Hollywood theming, the Haunted Jazz, the starfield effect, and a real sense of time and place for the Guardians on a 4K TV.

Preach :( all for some warehouse fortress powerplant HIDEOUS ride. Extremely hard to believe the same man who brought this to life built Avatar Land.

SuddenStorm

I have a gut feeling that ToT/M:B will be reskinned again at some point in my lifetime. Hopefully if they do so, they replace it with something that looks better throughout the park. Although to be honest, I would be fine with M:B staying IF they drastically improved the facade, because technically the ride will fit in the upcoming Marvel Land.

I don't think it's be reskinned....

Phroobar

I agree, but slapping a Marvel franchise on it was not the solution. Arguably the new ride makes the entire park weaker due to the fact that it's visible from nearly everywhere in the park. They could have kept ToT and plussed it to make it more enjoyable and immersive without adding a movie franchise. Obviously they couldn't make it exactly like WDW, but I believe WDI had the ability to make it spectacular. Sadly the powers that be don't see it that way.
They could have executed the Marvel franchise better. It could have been Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum. That would have been cool!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
No, but there was a chance.

Let's analyze the situation.

They left the other orbs up around the main attraction and didn't change the color on them (still bronze trim). The Tomorrowland sign in front of it is still bronze. The orbitron in the background is still bronze. So again I ask, were you under some impression that they were going to change the color?

Yes, I'm being a bit facetious. I do apologize. It really would have been nice if they did change the colors.

JD2000

View attachment 353804

They left the other orbs up around the main attraction and didn't change the color on them (still bronze trim). The Tomorrowland sign in front of it is still bronze. The orbitron in the background is still bronze. So again I ask, were you under some impression that they were going to change the color?

Yes, I'm being a bit facetious. I do apologize. It really would have been nice if they did change the colors.
True, but those could have just been set to be removed last. And we’ve seen these gold accents removed before (i.e. buzz or star facades).

;)

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 353804

Hey forget the color, I'm still holding out hope it doesn't come back... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom