AstroOrbiter Refurb 2019

SuddenStorm

I understand your points but I can't agree with them. Big Thunder and Splash became instant classics and it's hard to imagine the park without them. Space is limited so they were going to have to use the Splash Mountain pad one way or another. And as far as Big Thunder goes, I think that was a major plus. I think Indy is a terrific attraction and was a very creative use of otherwise unused space. The castle walkthrough adds another small unique experience to the park that we otherwise would not have, and I actually love Fantasyland. It feels really timeless to me, and I believe I read somewhere that Walt himself wasn't happy with the original version. Not trying to call you out but I feel as though Tony Baxter has substantially improved the park in various ways and it's sad that creativity like his is less prevalent now.

My post was satirical. I'm a huge fan of Baxter and his work- Splash Mountain is my favorite attraction and his others are up there. Just about everything he's done for Disneyland has improved it- Tomorrowland '98 stands out as his major mishap- but even that had a number of corporate issues that hindered the creative work.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I just want the world clock back.

And maybe the flags too....

ET_5_66_TLand.jpg

Turn Astro Oribitor into an elaborate clock. Every body wins.

George Lucas on a Bench

They've removed these rides when repairing them in the past. It doesn't mean it's being permanently removed. The last time they did the one in Florida, all that was left was the Deep Space Nine-esque outer ring. They're like carnival rides with spinning globes that are usually broken anyway.

mickEblu

They've removed these rides when repairing them in the past. It doesn't mean it's being permanently removed. The last time they did the one in Florida, all that was left was the Deep Space Nine-esque outer ring.

Don’t rain on my parade. Last time in Florida they weren’t in the middle of Project Stardust with SWL opening in a few months. Also, last time, Florida wasn’t Disneyland in California.

Obviously the odds are that you are right but I have reason to believe it going away is a strong possibility based on the timing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom