Astro Orbiter to get near 40 day rehab

General Grizz

Original Poster
Astro Orbiter will not be operating January 25 - March 12, 2005; however, Disney recommends Magic Carpets of Aladdin as an alternative during this time.

(I personally recommend Dumbo, the Flying Elephant, which will be under rehab January 10 - February 12, 2005.)

This is GREAT news. Hopefully, Disney can get the planets working (spinning) again! :sohappy:

General Grizz

Original Poster
From what I understand, the rehab scheduled for January 2004 was cancelled. I hope this makes up for it. The planets' spinning is LONG overdue. :)

Tim G

General Grizz said:
Astro Orbiter will not be operating January 25 - March 12, 2005; however, Disney recommends Magic Carpets of Aladdin as an alternative during this time.

(I personally recommend Dumbo, the Flying Elephant, which will be under rehab January 10 - February 12, 2005.)

This is GREAT news. Hopefully, Disney can get the planets working (spinning) again! :sohappy:
Like I told you several weeks ago that the AO would be rehabbed... :D:D:D

General Grizz

Original Poster
I, too, saw this rehab. . . but it just dawned on me it would be about 40 days. I didn't see it on the forums as a main topic, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it. . .

. . . and hope that the planets would spin again. :D

General Grizz

Original Poster
Stitchfan712 said:
I've never seen it when the planets were spinning.

You just ain't lived. . . :eek:

In that case, I doubly wish they spin again (I think they stopped in early 2003) so you can see them as they should be. I swear, Astro Orbiter is an EYESORE without that movement. . .

TinkerBell9988

Yay!!! I can't wait! The Astro Orbiter looks so lifeless... I love it when they spin at nighttime, and the lighting... ahhhh I can't wait. :animwink:

tirian

Nearly a 40-day refurb?! Yeah, those planets had better be spinning again! ;)

To me, AO represents the culmination of all the aspects of the old and new Tomorrowland: a world in motion, a viable technology, a little bit of sci-fi, and (as TinkerBell 9988 already mentioned) impressive lighting. It's like Dumbo in the 24th century. With the end of the refurb, those spinning planets will only add to the AO's otherworldly effect.

By the way, Birnbaum's 2005 guide does mention that the AO gives guests a chance to fly past "spinning, whirling planets." (Yeah, I still buy the annual Birnbaum's guides; they help me get into the "Hooray! I'm going to WDW!" mode.)

DarkMeasures

martinthesparta said:
Sure this is good, but can they find a permanent solution or will they just have to rehab every few years. Sounds like an expensive venture.

Not really every few years. A lot of attractions have 10 year based rehabs. The New Tommorrowland opened 10 years ago.

Anyway, I have been both with working and not and the spinning amazingly does make a difference.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Well, all I know is back when I was younger when I first saw the "New Tomorrowland" I was COMPLETELY amazed. I stood in awe at night at Astro Orbiter, with the color changing neon lights and the spinning planets. Hopefully that will all be restored.

Something that does scare me though is that a rumor of a new spiel is being planned for the TTA. Alamo references and of course, Stitch, would be added...

I hope it measures up to the current one if that's true. Seems more likely though that it won't. I mean, look at the monorail. LMAO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom