News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A much smaller lake that is mostly not natural and is entirely encircled by man made and maintained space.

Not even remotely comparable.
Hmpf. Mosquitoes breed in pails of water, sewers, gutters, bird baths only needing an inch of water to lay eggs anywhere But they don’t breed at Disney Springs because it is man made???? Not natural???? Priceless :hilarious:

c-one

Seems to me Wilderness would have better options for character dining. I suppose nothing is lost, ultimately, if the usual signature style is kept at dinner. But it’s worrying all the same, as a big fan of Artist Point and the preservation of WDW for adults in general.

Cmdr_Crimson

They’re kinda lame in California...no need to replicate

Pehaps it will be similar to the one that was just brought to Storytellers Cafe at Grand Californian called Mickey's Tales of Adventure....The outfit fits the vibe of the wilderness..

Mickey-768x512.jpg

But, IMO They should have Audobon Woodlore & Humphrey the Bear for it....
958e4dbaccfdf30a74cab7d385388999--disney-style-disney-art.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney goes to great lengths to control mosquitos at WDW, with a remarkable degree of success. But there is simply too much open water to be 100% effective in that effort.

To me, adding a character presence at the lone "upscale" restaurant at WL is "meh", at best. However, it's completely understandable, as they have a character meal at all of the other formerly-known-as-deluxe resorts in the area. I can't think of any other formerly-known-as-deluxe resorts (which are Disney-owned) that don't have a character presence, outside of Boardwalk, which doesn't have any restaurants of its own. Am I missing any?

GF - 1900 Park Fare
Poly - O'hana
Contemporary - Chef Mickey's
YC/BC - Cape May Cafe
WL - ??

ToTBellHop

Disney goes to great lengths to control mosquitos at WDW, with a remarkable degree of success. But there is simply too much open water to be 100% effective in that effort.

To me, adding a character presence at the lone "upscale" restaurant at WL is "meh", at best. However, it's completely understandable, as they have a character meal at all of the other formerly-known-as-deluxe resorts in the area. I can't think of any other formerly-known-as-deluxe resorts (which are Disney-owned) that don't have a character presence, outside of Boardwalk, which doesn't have any restaurants of its own. Am I missing any?

GF - 1900 Park Fare
Poly - O'hana
YC/BC - Cape May Cafe
WL - ??
BoardWalk doesn't have any restaurants of its own? What? It has a ton of restaurants. And Trattoria al Forno has a character breakfast.

No character meals at AKL. I don't think SSR or OKW do, either, but I don't honestly pay them much attention.

nickys

Premium Member

GF - 1900 Park Fare
Poly - O'hana
YC/BC - Cape May Cafe
WL - ??

Well AKL. But I don’t think there is a need for one there, and they certainly don’t seem to have an issue with bookings at them either.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
BoardWalk doesn't have any restaurants of its own? What? It has a ton of restaurants. And Trattoria al Forno has a character breakfast.

No character meals at AKL. I don't think SSR or OKW do, either, but I don't honestly pay them much attention.

AKL... How did I forget that?? :banghead:

I didn't include SSR or OKW as they are DVC-only, but you're correct, they don't have character meals. (Before anyone jumps in - Yes, I know you can book a room at either for cash, but they were built as and still are DVC-only resorts.)

I've always thought of the restaurants along the Boardwalk as being separate from the resort itself. Maybe because they are physically separate from the resort, as you have to literally exit the resort to get to them? Maybe it's just the layout and my not being as familiar with BW (even though I've stayed there as a DVC member) as I am with other resorts. I dunno. I'm more than willing to go along with those restaurants "belonging" to Boardwalk. (I probably should, as it reinforces my point of at least one restaurant at all formerly-known-as-deluxe resorts having a character presence :cool:)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can understand their “thinking” (or lack thereof...)...but I for one will be severely disappointed if artists point goes away - or is in full on crappy character cuisine mode.

First, whispering canyon is right next door...a character meal would be 100% redundant that close.

Second, the dining experiences - once a unique highlight - is still being woefully watered down and/or overpriced.

But I get it...they pumped more timeshares in there...and that requires 100% bookings at restaurants so they can self Justify the “overhead”

And I ask: why would people want more of this?

Then you cruise over to the “adrs: how’d I do?” Posts and time after time see an 8 day plan with 11 character meals.

So you get charged a fortune ($40 and up) for these...so surrender, double down, and gorge yourself? And next year it will be $50 so stay at the buffet longer?

I’ll never get it...so desperate for “value” that you diminish it by your actions.

Oh...and 38th picture with goofy...be sure to frame that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom