News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
They don’t usually do a media event for a new dining experience like this.

It would be nice. Perhaps not having to be the first to get their review up on YouTube would allow non-vloggers actually staying on property at WL to have an better opportunity to get reservations.

Last edited:

deeevo

Not sure this will be as popular as previously thought. I for one am not a fan of the prix fixe menu and BOG can get away with it because it is in MK and in Beast Castle. If they made this an "all you care to enjoy" breakfast the place would be slammed like Ohana. Do you think Ohana
would be as popular if it was a prix fixe? I don't think it would.

Gitson Shiggles

Not sure this will be as popular as previously thought. I for one am not a fan of the prix fixe menu and BOG can get away with it because it is in MK and in Beast Castle. If they made this an "all you care to enjoy" breakfast the place would be slammed like Ohana. Do you think Ohana

Not as a character meal, though dinner is pre fixe. DDP is pre fixe, regardless of the meal at any restaurant.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Hmmm well I find it interesting, but looked at my already scheduled ADR's and cant see switching anything....one is leaving the park and two would be switching an evening ADR I have not done yet either, CRT or Hoop De Doo....I have always wanted to eat in the castle and since I am already leaving a park to go to the Hoop De doo I would rather see the highly rated dinner show than risk disappointment. Plus the rest of the family is of the male species and I am already going to test my limits by bringing them to Cindy's place....:angelic:.

Also unsure about the menu....the dessert says share but shows 4 of each thing, does that mean you get 3-4 of each dessert to try or do you have to negotiate who gets what?!:bored:

Gitson Shiggles

Also unsure about the menu....the dessert says share but shows 4 of each thing, does that mean you get 3-4 of each dessert to try or do you have to negotiate who gets what?!:bored:

The wording from Disney is “an array of shared desserts.” There’s no wording of “choice” or “option” before them. I take that to mean you get them all?

Gitson Shiggles

Okay. Just got a reservation for Jan 2nd, end of trip. My justifications are that I’m staying at WL; this is something I haven’t tried; my kids will enjoy the characters; I have a DDP credits to spare; and this isn’t 2 credits yet.

Oh, and I hope I like braised veal shank. None of the other entrees are appetizing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okay. Just got a reservation for Jan 2nd, end of trip. My justifications are that I’m staying at WL; this is something I haven’t tried; my kids will enjoy the characters; I have a DDP credits to spare; and this isn’t 2 credits yet.

Oh, and I hope I like braised veal shank. None of the other entrees are appetizing.

...and how comfortable are you with all those rationalities??

...and the dining plan? Really?

Bubbapuck

I was surprised to see it is only 1 credit on the Disney Dining Plan. I was going to pay cash out of pocket as I didnt want to blow 2 credits on it but if it is only 1, it would be a better value doing it for this.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Wouldn’t be surprised. Jiko has been struggling with quality and guest count.
We’re not friends anymore 😡

An overpriced swap meat for dining...that’s where this is going. Sitdowns are being made poor/steering you away. Like Disneyland

Its unfortunate though, because Jiko was for a long time a must do for me when at Disney. Everything about it was different and I really enjoyed the food. Haven't dined there in about 2 years but just wish Disney didn't make it so hard for these places to survive.

Jon81uk

Yes I think one of the main reasons ‘Ohana is busy is that it is all you care to enjoy.

(Edited to fix the autocorrect to Obama)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
ENOUGH with the character dining! A Hotel like this needs a great restaurant - not one more character dining offering. The hotels are a great place to decompress from the parks - not having a fine dining offering is a new low and speaks of a shortsighted, only-for-the-money Disney.

You’re saying hotels average $450+ a night need an actual quality restaurant??

That’s what four seasons, mandarin, ritz Carltons do...

Anyone can provide “quality”...it’s about Disney magic, baby!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think that the new Disney Spring locations has put a serious dent into resort dining business. In comparison, a lot of the resort options seem and dated and tired.

Although some may not like the change, doing something like this is at least offering something rather unique and different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom