News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

RSoxNo1

Chef Mickey's was good... 10 years ago. The food went into the toilet, figuratively, maybe 6-7 years ago? It's a familiar refrain with Disney dining. Restaurants are good, they started changing things, and ... *flush*. Costs go down, profits go up, and the rubes keep paying.
Can anyone confirm if the cheesy potatoes are still there?

Chars0704

There’s still no info on when this can be booked right? We are going in April and would like to do this meal. My booking for ADR is 10/25 so fingers crossed it’s released before then! My daughter loves Snow White

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

There’s still no info on when this can be booked right? We are going in April and would like to do this meal. My booking for ADR is 10/25 so fingers crossed it’s released before then! My daughter loves Snow White
Latest WDW Official Website DATA for you.... Do not shoot the messenger? Up to 3-14-2019..... "no Reservations Available" :(. And no information on a re-model :(.

I am so sorry :(. Your 180 Day Window for APR 2019 is coming up, SOON. Given no data? I can only suggest booking someplace else, then potentially changing this, if Disney chooses to talk.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Attachments

• APDEAD.jpg
    APDEAD.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 115

Chars0704

Latest WDW Official Website DATA for you.... Do not shoot the messenger? Up to 3-14-2019..... "no Reservations Available" :(. And no information on a re-model :(.

I am so sorry :(. Your 180 Day Window for APR 2019 is coming up, SOON. Given no data? I can only suggest booking someplace else, then potentially changing this, if Disney chooses to talk.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
Thanks. We are staying at WL so it’ll be easy to book Artist Point without worrying about what park we are visiting that day. So I’ll keep my options open for when they do actually open.

My daughter will be happy going to CRT too so fingers crossed we get those reservations.

SpaceMountain77

We are at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge this evening. The cast member assisting guests at the concierge desk informed us that we should visit Artist Point now if we want to enjoy it in its current form. He said it will no longer be a signature dining location and the closure will allow for a name and theme change.

A name change is not surprising, given that Artist’s Point is not suggestive of Snow White.

FigmentFan82

I'm luckily getting one last dinner at AP in a few weeks, and it will be bittersweet for sure. I first went back in 2001 on a trip with my sister, I was 18, she was 21. We had a blast that week there (Pleasure Island was still open!) and a standout highlight for me was always the dinner we had at AP. From the ambiance of Wilderness Lodge which I adore, to the outstanding food, Ap has always held a special place in my heart. I next went with my now wife in 2016, and due to some pixie dust, we were given that table in the corner by the windows that has the perfect view of the waterfall outside. I t was magical! I will def be sad to see AP go, as it always seemed like a hidden gem that many people overlooked (which made it fairly easy to get an ADR) but I guess that's why they're changing it. I actually do think it is a good idea to turn it into a character dining experience, as there haven't been many new ones in a while and seeing as how they're so popular and hard to get, it just makes sense. But hey, Japan pavilion is getting a new signature steak house, so there's that.

trainplane3

I'm surprised they got rid of the mushroom bisque, that seemed to be a favorite there. Also sort of surprised by there not being cedar plank salmon or the cobbler since those were other signature things from the menu.

Then again, they probably wanted a more generic menu.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm surprised they got rid of the mushroom bisque, that seemed to be a favorite there. Also sort of surprised by there not being cedar plank salmon or the cobbler since those were other signature things from the menu.

Then again, they probably wanted a more generic menu.

They neutered the entire menu...as expected.

Anytime you see prime rib...the jig is up

Last edited:

Bubbapuck

Been trying to get my reservations this morning but apparently "everything isn't loaded right yet". I tried online that called the reservation line with no success. Gonna keep trying as my grandkids love Dopey and prime rib! :)

Chars0704

Reservations are now open for Storybook Dining with Snow White at Artist Point.
Sounds like the restaurant name isn't changing, just a switch to a $55 prix fixe menu with characters.
Great! Just in time for my ADR in a few weeks. Do we think that this will book up quickly? I probably should book it first? I want to do breakfast at CRT as well so I’m just debating which one to do first. I have a princess loving daughter.

Jon81uk

Great! Just in time for my ADR in a few weeks. Do we think that this will book up quickly? I probably should book it first? I want to do breakfast at CRT as well so I’m just debating which one to do first. I have a princess loving daughter.

Its still serving as Artist Point until November. The new Snow White dinner starts December.

kong1802

Wowwwww

$55pp for that. $33 for a 3 year old. Princess pasta with cheese sauce. Thirty. Three. Dollars.

:hilarious:

Don't forget the fruit cup side....

This one doesn't bother me as we don't eat at signatures with the kids, or ever, but the one at BOG still gets me.... Thirty three bucks for 7 bites of mac and cheese and some wasted cantaloupe.....ridiculous...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom