News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

Biff215

We’ll agree to disagree. The fixe price is not a good value to me.
Is fixed price ever a good value for the paying guest??? We do Ohana every trip but I’m not sure I can say it’s a good value, even after the discount.

As far as Marvel goes, assuming the contract does allow using it at the resorts, I’m still not sure Disney would want to. Nothing like getting a kid pumped up to meet Spider-Man but then have to drive over to Universal to ride his attraction!

We haven't been there in years, but it used to be one of our favorite Signature restaurants. Chefs come and go, and with them, the menus change... some for the better and others not. I hope they don't change the theming. It's very romantic at night.

rnese

If they must...
"NO" to Snow White and Dwarfs.

"YES" to Chip and Dale, Mickey/Donald/etc. in Forest Ranger uniforms, and/or a Country Bear or two.

It's supposed to be the Pacific NW, not a fictional forest! Who are these jabroni millenials Disney is hiring lately? "Well, it's got trees, so..."

Magenta Panther

I'm all for this change IF there's decent theming and immersion involved - if you really get an enchanted forest vibe when you walk into the place.

But then, Snow White is my favorite classic Disney film...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
...and this would be my concern about AP Reservations from now, until closing :(. Everyone from Head Chef on down is likely to be perturbed... :(. My Dear Wife & I don't HAVE any outstanding Ressies for AP, as our next trip will be NOV 8, 2018. Right now? I'm really glad we booked Citrico's - in SPITE of the week or so "new reservations available" at AP.

Just a guess on my part? The staff is not all that happy right now :(.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I agree with your take...

I’m debating whether or not to go in the next 4 days as a final time but I’m not sure it’s worth it once they announce they are killing the concept these people have worked in for years.

KnightRonin

a TDL Camp Woodchuck type dinner would have worked like gangbusters. Especially if they brought the nephews and Scrooge McDuck out.
Absolutely! Love Scrooge! Love the Junior Woodchucks! That would definitely be a better fit than Snow White and her Dwarven Companions at the Wilderness Lodge. It is kinda interesting to note that this would be the only place at WDW to see Snowy and her height-challenged associates all in one place whilst eating...

KYmickey

Everything was better in 2003...that was “before the fall”

Newbies don’t understand that WDW restaurants - even park ones - had consistently outstanding quality before about 2001...rivaling some urban markets (the bad ones - but whatever)

They’re still ok...but far less unique and at double the price.
OK? If that's your opinion then you don't remember the old dining experiences very well. They have dumbed down every menu, increased the prices to ridiculous levels and ruined the entire dining experience inside the parks and in the resorts! Except for the fact that they have a captive audience these restaurants would all be out of business.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
OK? If that's your opinion then you don't remember the old dining experiences very well. They have dumbed down every menu, increased the prices to ridiculous levels and ruined the entire dining experience inside the parks and in the resorts! Except for the fact that they have a captive audience these restaurants would all be out of business.

Is this a riddle or a conundrum?

fngoofy

We’ll agree to disagree. The fixe price is not a good value to me.

I'd be curious (sincerely) for some examples.

The ones we've done:
Liberty Tree Tavern
The prix fixe option at Chefs de France
& somewhere else I can't think of... maybe Brown Derby has a prix fixe option?

We've had good experiences food wise and didn't leave hungry.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd be curious (sincerely) for some examples.

The ones we've done:
Liberty Tree Tavern
The prix fixe option at Chefs de France
& somewhere else I can't think of... maybe Brown Derby has a prix fixe option?

We've had good experiences food wise and didn't leave hungry.

Well “leaving hungry” isn’t really the issue...Disney will feed you all
You want...but is that the point of eating?

Filling the gullet isn’t my goal.

What I was saying was that the Cinderella’s is really overpriced for the quality...it’s not because it’s prix fixe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom