Artist Point Reviews??

lawyergirl77

phillythomephan said:
I was wondering what your views on Artist Point restaurant were in the Wilderness Lodge?

:wave:
Bottom line: best meal I've ever had at WDW! My SO and I went there during our last trip in February, and it was absolutely wonderful... One little caveat - we were on the old silver plan, so we had saved up two wishes in order to be able to dine there (the prices are rather steep).

Next time we go to WDW, package or no package, we are going to make sure a meal at Artist Point is in our budget! I still dream of that berry cobbler...

Upvote 0

Ms Brer Rabbit

Artists Point

By far one of the best..cedar plank salmon is terrific and atmosphere is very pleasant..ask for a window seat. We've even gone two times for Thanksgiving. If you're staying at the Lodge...take some time and get a bit dressed up..it's a very nice evening!
Can't wait to return...BCV..Aug 05, VWL..Nov 05

Upvote 0

Erik

Hi Thome fan -

Artist Point is our favorite restaurant in WDW. Great wine selections and a really interesting menu (check out allearsnet.com). We have eaten at a lot of the nicer places - California Grill, Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse, etc.- and the food at Artist Point is the best. My parents say the salmon is the best, my finance and I enjoy the buffalo steak or some of the other unique meats we've had there in the past. Great appetizers and desserts, too!

And from one Phillies fan to another - I really hope they start hitting the ball sometime soon - I'm getting frusterated!!!

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

Definitely one of the best meals as well for me! My boyfriend loves the cedar-planked salmon and I love the pork tenderloin and mac and cheese. By far, the fanciest mac and cheese I have ever had! They also have a great salad although I can't remember the name of it now. The atmosphere is also wondeful. Very quiet and the paintings and furniture make you really feel like have just come across a lodge in the Pacific Northwest.

Upvote 0

cinderminnie

Is it a suitable place to take 2 well behaved children to dinner as well?

We did California Grill with them in Feb and they enjoyed the scene but not the food.

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

cinderminnie said:

We did California Grill with them in Feb and they enjoyed the scene but not the food.

Everytime we have been there we have seen children with their families. I don't have kids yet so I haven't noticed their kids menu but the kids I have seen are always eating happily.

Upvote 0

Coree

I would think kids would enjoy it. The food is terrific and is an upscale-style cuisine, but it isn't so off the wall that kids would dislike it.

Upvote 0

speck76

I ate there last week, the food was great, the prices were good, and the atmosphere is nice......although the restaurant could stand to dim the lights a bit.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
cinderminnie said:

Whenever we have been there there have always been families dining. It is on the quiet side, and not inexpensive, but a pleasant place for all. They do have a childrens menu:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_apk.htm

My wife and I consider this one of the best restaurants on the property. Equivalent to California Grill without the excess hype and rude overcrowded conditions. They do offer wine and port pairings if you enjoy that as part of a special meal. We have done anniversaries and special occasions there and they have some nice extra touches if you let them know ahead of time.

If I were writing a brief description, I would probably say casual elegant, a quiet retreat with some of the best food on the property, a (mostly) undiscovered gem!

Here is a sample of the adult menu:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ap.htm

My favorites are the mussels or venison spring roll, salmon or buffalo with the cobbler as dessert.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom