Art of Animation Opening

tecowdw

I checked the WDW's website for Art of Animation yesterday. It stated it was open and accepting guests. I thought I would check out the food court for lunch prior to our return to the airport. Well, I pulled up to the security gate and guess what - I was denied entry.
:(

The guard told me that they weren't open until May 31. Of course, there were quite a few other cars he did let in and there were busses running from the parks. I thought I had heard that May 25 was the opening date but maybe it's just for registered guests at this point. I should have got on a bus to it from the parks. Maybe I would have gotten in then. :rolleyes:
Cast parking for Art of Animation was at Pop Century as we headed there for lunch and signs were up directing them into the first lot.

Anyway, now I don't get to see it until perhaps this fall or winter.

G00fyDad

I checked the WDW's website for Art of Animation yesterday. It stated it was open and accepting guests. I thought I would check out the food court for lunch prior to our return to the airport. Well, I pulled up to the security gate and guess what - I was denied entry.
:(

The guard told me that they weren't open until May 31. Of course, there were quite a few other cars he did let in and there were busses running from the parks. I thought I had heard that May 25 was the opening date but maybe it's just for registered guests at this point. I should have got on a bus to it from the parks. Maybe I would have gotten in then. :rolleyes:
Cast parking for Art of Animation was at Pop Century as we headed there for lunch and signs were up directing them into the first lot.

Anyway, now I don't get to see it until perhaps this fall or winter.

Or you could park at Pop and walk over. ;)

Upvote 0

NMBC1993

Well I'm not sure about accepting guests early but I have a reservation at Art of Animation for the 31st. I hope it really is the opening of the resort because I wanted to make it my 2nd resort opening in a row:)

Upvote 0

Debbie

Cast member orientation must have been going on while we were there (5-24thru29) The two buildings by ours (50's) are still being worked on. An alarm still rings all night--
From what I can see from my view; which was by the lake and directly across from the two buildings that are identical to Pop's is the landscaping still needs to be started, the rooms aren't furnished or at least curtains need to be installed, and a canopy needs to be placed over one more stairwell. It appears the construction company is close to turning it over to Disney but I'm not so sure about these two buildings being ready for 5/31? Maybe July 1......

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom