Art of animation buses

Bodyfather

Original Poster
Really quick question. Am I right in saying art of animation shares the resort buses with pop century occasionally or have I misremembered?

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
They have their own dedicated buses and resort route. That said you can still hop on one if the wait is a lot less and walk over. Also gondolas are open at the end of this month I believe, which will help with epcot/hollywood studios transportation.

LUVofDIS

They have shared buses, I don't know to what extent other than at the end of the night. We have experienced this twice in the last year.

AndyS2992

Art of Animation has it's own buses, as do Pop Century. We stay in these two resorts regularly and they have never shared buses in our experience.

Mainahman

Stayed at POP many times, and always had our own bus, they dont share, and ive stayed at busy and slow times. Each resort has its own.

KellBelle

A couple years ago when I was looking to book a value resort and booked through the 800 number, as we qualify for military pricing, the big selling point of POP was that it had it's own busses and did not share with any other resorts. We did not book there, so not sure if it's accurate or not.

Mander

In the Parks
No
Really quick question. Am I right in saying art of animation shares the resort buses with pop century occasionally or have I misremembered?

The last two times we stayed at Pop (Jan 2018 and Oct 2018) we shared a bus with AoA once each time. Both nights were super late, last people out of the park situation and they'd merged both lines. Dropped AoA first and then Pop. It never happened during the day or when we left the park right away.

Tom 55

Stayed at POP in April. The Magical Express bus went to AoA first and them to POP. There is a connection in the parking lots that allow buses to go from one to the other without having to go out on the street. Never had the resort buses go to both. I have taken a bus to AoA and walked over to POP at least twice. When AoA bus was already at stop and no bus at POP stop.
This gets off topic but I was just at French Quarter and was heading over to HS for the early magic hours (6am to 9) to go on Smuggler Run. Was surprised when bus went over to Riverside before heading over to HS. Had never had that happen in the morning. Maybe it had something to do with the magic hours.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
@Driver can probably give a more in depth answer, but it depends.

During peak hours nearly every resort will run a dedicated bus. They can start sharing at off peak times when volume drops, but I have no clue how often that happens anymore given the crowd levels.

stratman50th

During peak hours nearly every resort will run a dedicated bus. They can start sharing at off peak times when volume drops, but I have no clue how often that happens anymore given the crowd levels.
Wow! Haven't seen Master Yoda in years. Course I haven't been around in years.

Dad 2 M & M

As of late, AoA and Pop seem to share MORE often than the All-Stars!
They have shared buses, I don't know to what extent other than at the end of the night. We have experienced this twice in the last year.
We've experienced it most often at the end of the night...well after Park closing(s).
The last two times we stayed at Pop (Jan 2018 and Oct 2018) we shared a bus with AoA once each time. Both nights were super late, last people out of the park situation and they'd merged both lines. Dropped AoA first and then Pop. It never happened during the day or when we left the park right away.
Same here....happens late late at night. Strangely, we've NEVER had shared busing at an All-Star

Seems to happen late at night...

It's been a minute; everything cool in your world?

Dad 2 M & M

They have their own dedicated buses and resort route. That said you can still hop on one if the wait is a lot less and walk over. Also gondolas are open at the end of this month I believe, which will help with epcot/hollywood studios transportation.
They've shared buses on occasion, and of late they share MORE OFTEN than the All-Stars.
They have always had their own bus lines.
You could of course use one or the other and then just walk across to the other resort.
Again, they've always shared, but it just didn't happen very often. It is more common now.....strange thing is we've never shared at an All-Star
Stayed at POP many times, and always had our own bus, they dont share, and ive stayed at busy and slow times. Each resort has its own.
Late at night is when it is most common for the Pop/AoA shared busing....especially an EME at MK. It's a bummer you have to park at the TTC and take either the Ferry or Monorail to MK. It is the only Park we ever use the Resort busing and we've had shared Pop/AoA many times after Park close......and even more common at Disney Springs.

Dad 2 M & M

Incorrect. That's all I have to say and I'm done discussing the subject.
I hear ya and didn't want to tell you you were incorrect....while they (as a standard) may have a dedicated bus, we have experienced the AoA/Pop shared busing several times over the years....doesn't happen often , but it is correct they have always shared as needed....

This seems to be a touchy subject with some, as the busing can be challenging. The AoA/Pop busing tends to be hit or miss (as all busing is) after Park closing, with the longest lines of all. Many believe the All-Stars always share, but that is not the case, and nowadays they share less often than AoA/Pop.

Most of the "shared busing" topic can be attributed to that other "Motel 6" dude's blog. He is the one that advises the All-Star busing is shared....and many believe that to be the standard (almost every other non-Disney site advises AoA busing shares as needed).

Thanks for your input...no need to respond......and I didn't mean to strike a nerve

Last edited:

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
For what it's worth, I've stayed at both Pop Century and AoA this year (over 30 days total within this year alone, I know I'm crazy). I'm from the West coast - due to time zone differences I go to the parks late and leave after the park closes. I've never seen them share buses, with the exception of one day during a hurricane and the park closed at 2pm. There were women sitting on a curb shaking after being drenched by rain, they sat between the bus lines for PC and AoA after feeling defeated by an overflowing Pop Century line. The bus driver noticed them, walked over, and offered to drive them to Pop Century. He dropped everyone off at AoA before taking them over to their resort.

The bus driver himself said that it was abnormal as each resort had their own bus line. He was at the end of his shift and it was his last run, as someone else was taking over for him and was on their way from the bus lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom