Art of animation buses

Dad 2 M & M

For what it's worth, I've stayed at both Pop Century and AoA this year (over 30 days total within this year alone, I know I'm crazy). I'm from the West coast - due to time zone differences I go to the parks late and leave after the park closes. I've never seen them share buses, with the exception of one day during a hurricane and the park closed at 2pm. There were women sitting on a curb shaking after being drenched by rain, they sat between the bus lines for PC and AoA after feeling defeated by an overflowing Pop Century line. The bus driver noticed them, walked over, and offered to drive them to Pop Century. He dropped everyone off at AoA before taking them over to their resort.

The bus driver himself said that it was abnormal as each resort had their own bus line. He was at the end of his shift and it was his last run, as someone else was taking over for him and was on their way from the bus lot.
We haven't had it happen often, but it has happened a time or two. Most say it happens midday while returning to the resort(s). Strange thing is we've never had it happen at an All-Star, so it must not happen often there either.

Driver

@Driver can probably give a more in depth answer, but it depends.

During peak hours nearly every resort will run a dedicated bus. They can start sharing at off peak times when volume drops, but I have no clue how often that happens anymore given the crowd levels.
The short answer is it happens everyday. However there are many different scenarios depending on which park or resort your referring too. If you have a question for a specific resort and/or park I will be happy to answer that for you.

disneyfireman

But, you can’t take a bus to Epcot or HWD, just the skyliner ( unless that’s changed from December)
yeah..not sure about that. Of course...if staying there..no reason to use a bus to get tho those parks... I usually stay at Music. So not sure if busses run now..to Epcot Center or HS

nickys

Premium Member
I thought the buses were still running but at a much less frequency.
That was happening before the shut down.

Since re-opening it’s only buses unless they only run buses when the Skyliner is down. Which is what was originally planned anyway.

Edited to actually say what I meant it to say! Thanks @Tuvalu!

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I thought the buses were still running but at a much less frequency.
The last I heard ( we were at AoA May 2021) was that they were supposed to be running 30 minutes apart, although while we were waiting for buses to other parks, we never saw an Epcot or HWD bus. I’m sure things have changed and it might’ve been a coincidence.

COProgressFan

That was happening before the shut down.

Since re-opening it’s only buses unless they only run buses when the Skyliner is down. Which is what was originally planned anyway.

Edited to actually say what I meant it to say! Thanks @Tuvalu!

Kind of off topic, but I wish there was a way on the app to see whether the Skyliner is actually running.

When there's obviously a lighting storm overhead you know to go to the bus area. But sometimes we have found ourselves wondering when the busses were actually going to stop/start. Both before the storm when you see the ominous clouds and afteward when you're not sure if the lightning is too close to operate safely. It's a bit frustrating to know you could walk to the Skyliner then turn around and go all the way back to the buses.

(Also, this didn't happen to us, but I would imagine this is an even bigger problem at Epcot).

Anyone ever hear if this was or is something being considered?

zappy

Kind of off topic, but I wish there was a way on the app to see whether the Skyliner is actually running.

When there's obviously a lighting storm overhead you know to go to the bus area. But sometimes we have found ourselves wondering when the busses were actually going to stop/start. Both before the storm when you see the ominous clouds and afteward when you're not sure if the lightning is too close to operate safely. It's a bit frustrating to know you could walk to the Skyliner then turn around and go all the way back to the buses.

(Also, this didn't happen to us, but I would imagine this is an even bigger problem at Epcot).

Anyone ever hear if this was or is something being considered?i

Anyone ever hear if this was or is something being considered?
I’m pretty sure this is available in the MDE app under the transportation cell. I think it was recent update to the app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom