Arrival Day

bgraham34

I never book meals on arrival day. I have lost out on ressies several times because of flight delays. Many times we hit Downtown Disney at night, but it all depends on what time we arrive at the resort. If its early enough we hit MK.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

We usually head to DTD and a nice dinner out after a day of shopping. That day I get all my must haves bought so I can relax the rest of the trip. No running from park to park, store to store to find something for someone everyday!

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Rarely do a park on travel day. I can't see using a full ticket on a half day or less, but that's just my cheap self! We typically hit DTD and a resort for dinner. Planning for Ohana and then Wishes on the beach at the Poly this time.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

What do you do on you on your arrival day? We arrive at the airport at 12:30pm. I'm thinking about going ahead and hitting the parks instead of having a park day on the last day we are there.
We normally arrive on property around 10:00 am, do breakfast then hit Epcot until our dinner ADR at Ohana, then head back to Epcot for Illuminations, then back to the room and pass out!!! LOL

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

For my December trip, I'll be in Orlando for two days, at Universal, before checking in at WDW.
That means I'll be getting on property early in the morning. I intend to get to my hotel as early as possible to get my KTTW, or Magic Band, and try to be in the MK by opening. Hope to fit in. Chef Mickey breakfast also.

Upvote 0

The Mighty Tim

First day of my last trip, we went to MK and did a few rides. The time from the plane landing at MCO to getting on POTC was about 2.5 hours, which isn't bad for a flight from the UK. This time also included an hour or so at the resort (AS Sports) checking in and freshening up.

Obviously, by the time I got to the park, I was running on pure adrenaline, since it was about 7.30pm by the time we got to MK, and due to the time difference, my body thought it was past midnight. Coupled with the fact I'd had a 9 hour flight and had been up for over 18 hours by this point, I don't think I was doing too badly (though it might explain my less-than-stellar score on Buzz Lightyear that evening!)

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

For us it depends on how we go, if we were to fly down for some reason (can't think of one right off) we would probably hit the MK in the afternoon to evening.
Now that we have a travel trailer and like to stay at FWC we usually try to arrive mid-morning to noonish. We check in, set up camp, relax, hit the pool, shower, and head to DTD for dinner at Cooke's of Dublin, followed by Wishes and ELP from the beach. We won't head to a park until the next morning and it will probably be MK.

Upvote 0

erasure fan1

Rarely do a park on travel day. I can't see using a full ticket on a half day or less, but that's just my cheap self! We typically hit DTD and a resort for dinner.
We almost always add the extra day on our tickets because it costs so little extra when we do 7 days. Its about 10 bucks extra a ticket. The funny part is I don't think we have ever gone to a park. It always ends up being, check in, hit the pool, then go to downtown Disney for dinner and shopping. I guess its just nice to know that if we wanted to hit a park we could. :D

Upvote 0

jody31

I won't arrive at the swan until 7pm because I'm coming from England ,but fantasia golf and the boardwalk are good options.24 days until my next disney vacation !

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom