ARR Scare rating

crazymatrix_gal

Original Poster
I know this is a silly question but, how scary is A. Rockin' Rollercoaster? Im a scaredy cat and not a fan of up-side down rides. Should I ride it? Thanks!:wave:

beauty_Belle27

have not ridden it,but ive heard you cant tell if your going upside down or not.and u cant tell how high u are.Im a huge weenie,but im gonna ride it!

coasterphil

Definitely ride it. You can't even tell when you going upside down because you can't see anything and it all goes so fast. My mom is extremely frightened by roller coasters, but it's her favorite ride at WDW.

shakes20

I say yes!
Now, I am a fan of upside down rollercoasters, but RnR is different than most. First of all, becase it is in the dark, and because of the downforce, you really don't feel it or experience it in the same way that you do on an outdoor rollercoaster. The ride itself is very smooth and the visuals are amazing. Traditional wooden rollercoasters are far more scary than this. Also, I think the worst moment (or best depending on your perspective) is the first hill that you go down. RnR doesn't have this, it launches you straight into the ride without having to climb up a big hill.
If worst comes to worst, don't forget that this is a very short ride, it doesn't last long, and even if you hate it, it will be over very soon.

Go for it! I hope that you love it! :D

PirateStagehand

If you are a fan of real roller coasters than this is for you. It's very fast but it's smooth. Looping, in the dark, under blacklight with Aerosmith playing.....how can it get any better. The pre-show is is worth the ride.

NTI2002

it's one of the smoothest rollercoasters I've ever been on. you really just feel like you're gliding through the whole thing (they must have some really nice shocks on those super stretch limos).

DONALDisMYhero

Rock n' Rollercoaster is probably my favorite ride in WDW. I rode it and to tell you the truth I couldn't tell when i was upside down or not. My mom, not being a fan of anything fast or any rollarcoasters, loved it as well. (Trust me, if she can handle it, you hopefully can too:p ). Its a reat ride, don't miss out !

RedGear

My mom is in her 50's and isn't big on the thrill rides that much, and we dragged her on it and she didn't get sick and liked it. The next time they went my dad dragged her on MS and she got sick afterwards (so did my dad!):hurl: BUT ARR is one of my favorite rides, it's up there was Space Mountain and ToT!

You'll like it! or at least I hope you do! :)

imagineer99

Well...Rock 'N' Rollercoaster is pretty tame when compared to most rollercoasters. The launch is the most thrilling element. Basically, it's a generic Vekoma twister that is made better with darkness and theming.

Here's what the track looks like (without a building;))

superman-the-ride2.jpg

http://www.rcdb.biz/p/picmax/six-flags-holland/superman-the-ride8.jpg

dupontflames

yeah, it's basically a copy of the superman ride at walibi world in the netherlands. it looks like someone took a big steel coaster and just scrunched into into a little ball. haha.

Narthex

Rock N Rollercoaster

Give it a try. I have ridden this ride quite a few times myself. A nice thing about it is the you can request which seat you would like to ride in. There are 6 cars per roller coaster train (or limo). For your first ride I recommend sitting in one of the first three. The very back car (especially the last seats) are more intense and not as smooth. The rollercoaster is very very smooth, especially when compared to Space Mountain. Right after the launch you go right into the first inversion in about 6 or 7 seconds. If you happen to close your eyes you will not feel like you are going upside down....more like a hard right turn. I myself, when I keep my eyes open, can tell you are inverting two times in the first section. The third inversion (which give you a literal warning sign on the left hand side of the track), you will feel no matter if your eyes are open or closed....but it is not scary. Make sure you keep your head back against the seat when you hear the countdown for the launch. The coaster itself from the launch until the end is only about 90 seconds long. And yes those pictures posted is accurate to the track...though you would not recognize it until you ride it a few times.

Brooke

I don't think it's very scary at all. After the launch it's nothing too exciting...there's no drops or anything. Plus it's VERY short and smooth.

wannabeBelle

It is an amazing coaster. I think it is a great coaster for people who want to try a looping coaster for the first time. Not long at all, the ride itself is only 1 minute 29 seconds!!!! Wehn yyou get into the car take off all earrings, remove all hats and other loose articles ( unless of course you dont like them!!) The restraint system is an over the head pull down over your shoulders harness. Pull this as TIGHT as you can get it. This will keep you in place better and wont have you knocking around in the roller coaster ride. The tighter that you pull it the better off you are. As previously mentioned keep your head back in the head rest, relax your neck muscles and JAM to the awesome custom recorded soundtrack for RNRC. This was custom done by Aerosmtih especially for this ride!!!! I expect a complete ride report when you get back!!!!!!!!!! I want to hear all about it!!!!!!!!!! Belle

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
when the trims don't bring the coaster to a crawl, it has the elements to be a great ride. as it normally is, it's an awesome launch with a great first inversion if you sit in the back. piece of cake. you'll have fun. :)

shoppingnut

I don't really like roller coasters and get sick on space mountain, but RNR I have no problem with at all. I've been on it several times and it is very difficult to tell when you are going upside down and the first time I went on it and my cousin asked how I liked going upside down, I said when, where, couldn't be that ride. It's a great ride and the music you can't beat.

imagineer99

disneymagic16 said:
So, it just basically has a bunch of upside-down loops? I think I'll try it when we go in June...:)

Technically, there are no "loops" in a traditional sense.

The initial launch goes into immelman roll-over (so you invert twice). Then towards the last leg of the ride it's a standard corkscrew. There's only three inversions--so the main elements are banked turns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom