Around the Resorts in 30 Days

Voxel

President of Progress City
Challenge 7

Trashin' The Camp

6rwc.jpg

Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland!

Have you seen Adventureland here? Pretty Interesting!
disney+map+-A.jpg

So, You have the Jungle Cruise circling around their "Tom Sawyer's Island". Then you have an entire Island themed to Tarzan. Well, not the entire island, Just the treehouse. This surrounding the Jungle Cruise has some serious potential. This can go way more then just Tarzan. What exactly you say?

Park_adventureland.jpg

Well, that's for you to decide.

I'm giving you an island. An entire island, around the Jungle Cruise. To do what you'd like to it.

Theme it well, theme it different, just make sure it makes sense with the Jungle Cruise. Remember, a ton of this island does include the Jungle Cruise.

So, I'm not only letting you to re-design an entire island, but a classic disney ride. (Technically, it may not really needed here, but hey, fun layout to work with! :D )

Same time, Same Place. You got until Midnight.

Since the day that I first watched Disney's Tarzan as a child, I have always dreamed of join Tarzan and his friends riding the vine through the tree. Being one with the world around me, seeing the world from a brand new position. For the Island found in the middle of the Jungle Cruise, I propose a Roller-coaster/dark ride hybrid like none one has ever seen.
Tarzan-walt-disneys-tarzan-3605516-1024-576.jpg

I present to you: Tarzan's Vine Ride (name is subject to change)

Crossing over the Jungle Cruise, guest will enter into the world as Tarzan as they walk through a port similar to the one that Jane arrives in. The theming will be similar to the Jungle Cruise to give the rides the feeling that they are related and could interact with each other. Slowly guest "climb" in to the trees where they board their ride vehicle.
suspended1_0.png

Based on a the swing suspended coasters, guest in groups of six will board the ride vehicle. The first thing guest will noticed is that their is music and sounds coming from the ride vehicle itself. But more specifically there is an Animatronic bird sitting front and center for the guest to see.
bird-animatronic-2.jpg

As guest board their ride vehicle the bird will introduce him/her self (their will be three or four variants to allow for a somewhat different ride experience depending on the bird they get). The bird will be the character giving the safely spiel saying that Tarzan sent them to make sure their guest have a fun trip into the jungle. As the train leaves the station, the first thing guest might notice is that the track and support are barely noticeable. The track itself will be a heavy version on the picture below with a vine like design.
2008_0716_HRP_21_SlipperyWhenWet2.jpg

However if the guest look for the supports they will see nothing but jungle trees. The supports will be designed to have every look and appearance of Jungle trees, were the very limbs will be the things connecting the track to the supports.
jungle-tree-194914.jpg

Above the guest, the support "Trees" will include massive leaves over tops to create almost a "natural" room that will allow for a natural roof over chucks of the ride that will allow for animatronic scenes with characters from Disney's Tarzan.

The entire ride will take guest on an adventure through the trees with segments rushing towards the water and flying back up through the top of the Jungle.

Included scene:

In one segment of the ride, the coaster will dive down and skim the towards the Jungle Cruise ride where the Animatronic bird will tell guest how the "British" tourist keep creeping up on Tarzan's home land (also a slight joke about Hong Kong's history) and makes a joke about the Jungle Cruise Ride.
12-64AerialRiver.jpg

During another scene, the ride vehicle will slow down giving rides the chance to join Terk and friends as they sing Trashin' the Camp putting guest right into the film.
tarzan2.jpg

The final scene in the attraction will have the guess joining the gorillas as the swing through one final segment of the ride. These gorillas will be animatronics that swing along side the rides until the last breaking point where the car will then enter the station.

This attraction will complement the Jungle Cruise by giving it an attraction that almost blends in perfectly with the jungle landscape while giving the two rides a chance to have witty banter and interaction between the too.

Tarzan's Vine Ride Hopefully coming in 2016 to Hong Kong Disneyland.

jdmdisney99

Challenge 7: Welcome to Adventure Isle!
DLP%20Adventureland%2030.jpg

hong-kong-disneyland-river-cruise.jpg

Jungle_River_Cruise_at_HKDL.jpg

Okay, so for this challenge, I came to one particular focus. Even though Hong Kong's Adventureland might lack a sufficient level of attractions or entertainment, it still appeals to the average foreigner. It has lush forestry and near-perfect theming. But the major reason this all works is the backdrop...the huge, jungle ridden mountains that surround the park. They invoke that sense of adventure and exploration. It was just under utilized. This Adventureland should be purely themed to lush, jungle type places. You could understand what I mean by the FotLK theater in HKDL. It faces the south, towards the ocean. It does so because the dry, African feel purely wouldn't work with a gigantic, forested background. So, for this challenge, I wanted to keep the area, now named Adventure Isle, purely based in the jungle. I won't expand the island or build bridges. This will be a parallel experience to Tom Sawyer Island in the US.
adventure isle2.jpg

a. Guests will take rafts to and from the island. This would be the only way to access the special new features found here.

1. Tarzan's Treehouse - This fun walkthrough will remain, as it acts as a proper weenie to get people to the island and has many visitors per day.

2. Enchanted Cove - This is a new take on the Enchanted Tiki Room, but is different in many ways. Rather than being a housed in a Polynesian temple where birds and tikis just randomly start to sing, this new show is held within a small, rocky cavern. Guests would enter the cave. The crevice is actually the lair of the Polynesian god of the Underworld, Kanaloa. When you arrive the lair seems peaceful with birds perched nearly every where (a bit peculiar at first), and tikis randomly lying around. There are no windows in this theater as in the original. Soon the god arrives (AA like the deity from Under New Management), and brings all the birds and tikis to anthropomorphic life. They are actually his slaves. However, as thunder crackles outside, the birds defeat the god with the help of the crowd, and they sing some of their famed songs (Tiki Room likely stays, but with new lines/verses talking about defeating Kanaloa).

3. The Temple of Lost Souls - Filling in for the missing exploration tunnels of Tom Sawyer Island, this area would be attracted by a small, forced perspective Mayan temple up on a hill. Here guests can explore eerie caverns of an abandoned Mayan settlement, where they will discover abandoned tombs, ancient symbols, an age-old idol, and more!
Lost%20River%20Delta%2005.jpg

4. Jungle River Cruise - This experimental, multi-lingual ride remains as a special take on a beloved classic exploring the Rivers of Adventure and learning comically about the intriguing animals that inhabit them...

I hope you choose to visit Adventure Isle during your stay here at the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort!
玩得开心!

Last edited:

Zweiland

CHALLENGE 7: TRASHING THE CAMP- @Zweiland's SUBMISSION

The Challenge

Challenge 7

Trashin' The Camp

So, You have the Jungle Cruise circling around their "Tom Sawyer's Island". Then you have an entire Island themed to Tarzan. Well, not the entire island, Just the treehouse. This surrounding the Jungle Cruise has some serious potential. This can go way more then just Tarzan. What exactly you say?

I'm giving you an island. An entire island, around the Jungle Cruise. To do what you'd like to it.

Theme it well, theme it different, just make sure it makes sense with the Jungle Cruise. Remember, a ton of this island does include the Jungle Cruise.

So, I'm not only letting you to re-design an entire island, but a classic disney ride. (Technically, it may not really needed here, but hey, fun layout to work with! :D )

The Sabotage
@Voxel got this advantage...
Advantage: It's a Little Orange Bird!
Ah, the little orange bird. Known well at WDW.

This cute little guy is going to be a pain. By who, you ask? Well, whoever you want!

Yes, we're back to sabotage.

Choose who you'd like to have to include this cute little guy in their design.

I mean, come on, who wouldn't like this sweet little bird in their concept?

...and he decided to sabotage me! :mad:;)
I think I am gonna sabotage @Zweiland, because I don't like being tied for first.

Later on, you'll see how I handled it. But for now, on to my main concept.

Treasure Island
Treasure Island was first and foremost a book by Robert Louis Stevenson.

treasureislandcover.jpg

Later on, it became a classic 1950 Disney film.

TreasureIsland.jpg

My re-theme of the Tarzan island will convert it to Treasure Island!

Since the book never really specifies the location of Treasure Island, I am imagining it as a jungle island in the British Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. This will enable Treasure Island to fit in with the Jungle Cruise, since the Jungle Cruise takes place in jungle rivers around the world.

tropical-rainforest-virgine-islands.jpg

For the most part, Treasure Island will be an area to explore like Tom Sawyer Island at WDW and many of the other Disneyland parks.

Ye Map
Treasure Island Map.JPG

LIST OF ATTRACTIONS/FEATURES

Pirates of the Caribbean

Yes, you read that right. The beloved attraction, PotC, is coming to Hong Kong! It seems Long John Silver and his cast of British pirates aren't the only ones to come here looking for treasure. The Spanish pirates have arrived as well!

The new attraction will feature many of the same scenes as the original one in Disneyland. There will be a new segment, however, where the British and Spanish pirates have a swashbuckling battle for Captain Kidd's buried treasure!

The facade will be a cave on the north side of the island. The queue will include a rope bridge over the Jungle Cruise, and will bring guests to the show building located in the undeveloped space north of Fantasyland.

Pirates show building.JPG

Hispaniola
The Hispaniola is the name of the ship that brought young Jim Hawkins and his fellow travelers to Treasure Island. On this replica, you can go below-decks to go through scenes like the captain's quarters, Jim's room, and animatronic sleeping crew members. Also, kids can climb up the ship's masts and rigging in the form of a playground area. Finally, you can shoot water cannons at the Jungle Cruise boats passing by.

Spyglass Hill
This is the highest point on the island. Buccaneers young and old can take advantage of the many telescopes set up here.

Stockade
Similar to Fort Sam Clemens on TSI, the Stockade is a quickly but sturdily built fort on Treasure Island. The Stockade houses a restaurant of the same name, which sells Dole Whips and Citrus Swirls sponsored by the Florida Orange Bird. (No, that isn't my answer to the sabotage, but you may count it if you wish.)

FtMassacStockade2008Cameron_full.jpeg

Ben Gunn's Cave
This cave is actually a series of caves, like on TSI. Benn Gunn in Treasure Island was the man who was marooned for 10 years.
51144.gif

When you first enter the cave, you will see the makeshift bed that Ben has set up. As you go further in, you will encounter Ben himself in animatronic form. If you keep going down the tunnel, you will exit the cave at...

Mizzenmast Hill
Finally, where the treasure is buried! It's in a different place every day, though. The first person to find the treasure each day will receive an "anytime" Fastpass, as well as a free meal at any restaurant. After that, the treasure will be set up in its usual place, and no more prizes will be given out that day.

Jungle Cruise
Still the same old Jungle Cruise. Interesting to note that it's offered in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin in HKDL. The only difference will be water drainage openings in the bottom, in anticipation of the Hispaniola water cannons splashing guests.

@jdmdisney99 posted a fantastic video of the JC in his proposal, which I will repost here.

Handling the Sabotage
Well, as you know, I have to include the Orange Bird somewhere. I've already included him as a sponsor of the Stockade restaurant, but I don't think that's enough to truly qualify. With that in mind, I present...

FLIGHTS OF FANTASY- FT. THE ORANGE BIRD
This will be an all new nighttime show during weekends and summer on the Jungle Cruise river, like Fantasmic! on the RoA at Disneyland. The show will star the Orange bird as he survives many predators in the jungle. Main viewing will be from Treasure Island, but there will be limited viewing from around the Jungle Cruise loading area.

The most well known fact about the Orange Bird is that he cannot talk. He can only think in orange style speech bubbles. In Flights of Fantasy, these speech bubbles will be created using projections on mist screens above the Orange Bird's head.

The show will feature fountains, aerial performers, fireworks, and complex animatronics. The climax will be the Bird's narrow escape from a giant 45 foot alligator.

6a00d83451982269e20154332e1028970c-500wi

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks for reading-- @Zweiland

Last edited:

danjen2331

Challenge 7

Under my plan, the Jungle Cruise and the island it surrounds will receive some major changes. Tarzan’s tree house will remain mostly unchanged from its current form. However, all the plastic figures of Tarzan and Jane will be replaced with more elaborate animatronics. The rafts from the Africa part of Adventureland will also remain transporting guests to and from the southern tip of the island. From here the changes become much bigger.

The Jungle Cruise for its first time ever (I believe) will have an indoor part. The finale of the ride which currently includes a fight between gods will also be completely redone. The theming of the Jungle Cruise’s boat house will also be revamped and finally new walkthrough offering and a bridge will be built on and to the island. To make for more room on the island, the current Cambodian Ruin section of the ride will be moved closer to the railroad tracks.

1) The Jungle Cruise

The boat house will be rethemed to a British Colony in the Caribbean and will become a lot more detailed than the current version. The architecture will feature brighter colors and ornate finishes, something like this:
99.jpg

The boats then go into an Africa river where they pass the Tree house and the elephants. (Unchanged) They then move into Asia where they go through ruins. (Position moved) and then back into Africa where they pass a camp and more animals, (Unchanged). Here the boats would normally continue down the river towards the finale, but now the boats approach some rapids forcing the Skippers to steer the boats into a cave. Inside the cave there are remnants of pirate activity: treasure, a dead body, and other signs of pirate life. You can hear a faint “Yo Ho Yo Ho” in the background. The ships then venture into another cavern where you are ambushed by Pirates. Luckily your Skipper is able to get the boat out of the cave with no injuries. The boats then return to the dock. With no Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Hong Kong, the addition of this scene to the Jungle Cruise would finally bring Pirates to China.

2) The Island
The Southern part, including the rafts and the tree house, would remain mostly the same as already discussed. The northern part of the island would receive the new show room for the Pirate finale, so this leaves the central part to work with. A new bridge would start next to the Jungle Cruise’s boathouse and end on the island. Here guests could either go right and explore a pirate ship, go straight into some caves, or take a left and walk down to the tree house. On the path way in between the caves and the tree house there would be a seating area, themed like the boat house, which extends out onto the water. Here guests would be able to buy refreshments such as the dole whip (oh course) while watching the boats pass by on the river.

Overall this plan creates a more exciting version of the beloved Jungle Cruise, gives Adventureland a fabulous new mini-land in the Caribbean Colony theming of the boat house, and adds new walk through attractions on the Island creating a more detailed area to explore.

Rough Area Map:
10.jpg

ctxak98

Challenge 7

Trashin' The Camp

6rwc.jpg

disney+map+-A.jpg

Park_adventureland.jpg

For this challenge I decided to do something That I feel would bring the mystery of Adventureland to a peak! When I think of Adventureland, I think of adventure of course, but I also think journey, exploration, and mystery! But what will we be exploring you ask!? Well that's just it, You are not very sure until you venture into...."The Lost Caverns". The Lost Caverns will be a new walk through attraction based on the "what if" certain monsters and creatures Did in fact, still exist or EVER exist! The whole island will transform into the "Forbidden Island", And I think you will see why the island is forbidden once you hear about what lurks inside the caverns and jungle!

The Jungle Cruise is a great attraction there and too incorporate this new island, There will be dialogue added to the ride talking about how that island is very mysterious and sacred to the natives and not ventured by many!

Yes I have gotten much inspirations for this project based on King Kong, The Lost World, Land of the Lost, and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Its all about a world that isn't there anymore, but something we all still fantasize about exploring. This will be a very interactive experience and can be different everytime you explore the caverns! My main inspiration in terms of what I want this attraction to be like is in this video!

The walkthrough will be completely different but something along these lines with some really cool AA creatures is what I am going for here! It want this to amaze people with how real it seems! Of course because its a walkthrough nothing is mean or going to be trying to eat.....except maybe the giant snake! ;)

But in all seriousness I think its time to describe the island itself! First the island will be covered mostly in trees! and will have trails through the jungle as well. You get to the island by a new bridge that goes over the Jungle Cruise river. In the center of the island is the islands Volcano. This volcano is the main show building for the walk through attraction. Connected to the main volcano will be 5 other smaller mountains. You can see the volcano from a distance just luring people in to explore an unknown world!

The entrance is a dark cavern at the base of the volcano. the walk and trail up to it becomes more dense as you get closer with foliage and greenery that you almost feel like you are lost already! At night fog and mist will flow through the jungle bringing an even more eerie feel to the mountain! The Cave walkthrough itself will have 4 different environments in it! The first being the normal Cavern look filled with crystals that light up and the sound of water dripping from the ceiling. As you venture further into the first section you start to feel a cold chill!

You now enter the ice age caverns. this part will take you into the ice age time period and come face to face with Wooly Mammoths and Smilodons. and others.For those of you who done know what those look like here they are! The caverns will be mostly a blue/white look to them and a more chilling air throughout to really give the feel for the place!

Next we enter a short segment of regular caves and enter the Prehistoric Jungle! Here you will meet many of the creatures! Allosaurus, Velociraptors, Madtsoia(giant snake), Pulmonoscorpius (giant scorpion), and giant centipedes...and more. The jungle will be lush and very mystical looking with light mist flowing throughout!

After the jungle you enter the underwater lagoon!. These caverns are filled with once extinct water creatures such as plesiosaur, Giant squid, Alligators, and much more. The lagoon will be very beautiful with bright blue water and waterfalls from every which way that will be sure to really capture the whole imaginary feel to the place!

The last stop is in the last bit of caverns where you come face to face with Gigantopithecus, basically a yeti but much more Orangutan like! Its a smaller jungle sections and then you are lead back out into the nature trails!

So the attractions itself isn't a ride, but I feel like my concept is best done by a walk through because these creatures are going to be some of the best AA figures out there and actually WORK! (looking at you EE Yeti). The walk through will give guests the time to really look at them. The animals themselves will also have a interactive quality about them that guests will realize as you walk by and the animal notices you and stares back at you! Also flowers and plants will interact with guests with touch and sounds will fill the caverns giving a very unique experience.

For more videos on AA life like that I want to achieve watch these!

Well I hope you like my idea to bring the mystery to adventureland! I sure like the idea! I love the whole concept of the unknown and this attraction inspired by many famous books and movies like it will be sure to excite guests
1976703-volcano.jpg
1976703-volcano.jpg
6606943285_e3a5c68754_z.jpg
ice_cavern_by_novum1-d4i26jd.jpg
http-inlinethumb46_webshots_com-44269-2642958420104237032S600x600Q85.jpg
Plesiosaur_by_IRIRIV.jpg
allosaurus_scene.jpg
cavern_by_ninjatic-d6cc2td.jpg

Attachments

• 29-gigantopithecus-model_lg.jpg
    29-gigantopithecus-model_lg.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Voxel

CHALLENGE 7: TRASHING THE CAMP- @Zweiland's SUBMISSION

The Challenge

The Sabotage
@Voxel got this advantage...

...and he decided to sabotage me! :mad:;)

Later on, you'll see how I handled it. But for now, on to my main concept.

Treasure Island
Treasure Island was first and foremost a book by Robert Louis Stevenson.

treasureislandcover.jpg

Later on, it became a classic 1950 Disney film.

TreasureIsland.jpg

My re-theme of the Tarzan island will convert it to Treasure Island!

Since the book never really specifies the location of Treasure Island, I am imagining it as a jungle island in the British Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. This will enable Treasure Island to fit in with the Jungle Cruise, since the Jungle Cruise takes place in jungle rivers around the world.

For the most part, Treasure Island will be an area to explore like Tom Sawyer Island at WDW and many of the other Disneyland parks.

Ye Map
View attachment 38310

LIST OF ATTRACTIONS/FEATURES

Pirates of the Caribbean

Yes, you read that right. The beloved attraction, PotC, is coming to Hong Kong! It seems Long John Silver and his cast of British pirates aren't the only ones to come here looking for treasure. The Spanish pirates have arrived as well!

The new attraction will feature many of the same scenes as the original one in Disneyland. There will be a new segment, however, where the British and Spanish pirates have a swashbuckling battle for Captain Kidd's buried treasure!

The facade will be a cave on the north side of the island. The queue will include a rope bridge over the Jungle Cruise, and will bring guests to the show building located in the undeveloped space north of Fantasyland.

View attachment 38311

Hispaniola
The Hispaniola is the name of the ship that brought young Jim Hawkins and his fellow travelers to Treasure Island. On this replica, you can go below-decks to go through scenes like the captain's quarters, Jim's room, and animatronic sleeping crew members. Also, you can climb up the ship's masts and rigging in the form of a kids playground area. Finally, you can shoot water cannons at the Jungle Cruise boats passing by.

Spyglass Hill
This is the highest point on the island. Buccaneers young and old can take advantage of the many telescopes set up here.

Stockade
Similar to Fort Sam Clemens on TSI, the Stockade is a quickly but sturdily built fort on Treasure Island. The Stockade houses a restaurant of the same name, which sells Dole Whips and Citrus Swirls sponsored by the Florida Orange Bird. (No, that isn't my answer to the sabotage, but you can count it if you wish.)

Ben Gunn's Cave
This cave is actually a series of caves, like on TSI. Benn Gunn in Treasure Island was the man who was marooned for 10 years. When you first enter the cave, you will see the makeshift bed that Ben has set up. As you go further in, you will encounter Ben himself in animatronic form. If you keep going down the tunnel, you will exit the cave at...

Mizzenmast Hill
Finally, where the treasure is buried! It's in a different place every day, though. The first person to find the treasure each day will receive an "anytime" Fastpass, as well as a free meal at any restaurant. After that, the treasure will be set up in its usual place, and no more prizes will be given out that day.
Jungle Cruise
Still the same old Jungle Cruise. Interesting to note that it's offered in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin in HKDL. The only difference will be water drainage openings in the bottom, in anticipation of the Hispaniola water cannons splashing guests.

@jdmdisney99 posted a fantastic video of the JC in his proposal, which I will repost here.

Handling the Sabotage
Well, as you know, I have to include the Orange Bird somewhere. I've already included him as a sponsor of the Stockade restaurant, but I don't think that's enough to truly qualify. With that in mind, I present...

FLIGHTS OF FANTASY- FT. THE ORANGE BIRD
This will be an all new nighttime show during weekends and summer on the Jungle Cruise river, like Fantasmic! on the RoA at Disneyland. The show will star the Orange bird as he survives many predators in the jungle. Main viewing will be from Treasure Island, but there will be limited viewing from around the Jungle Cruise loading area.

The most well known fact about the Orange Bird is that he cannot talk. He can only think in orange style speech bubbles. In Flights of Fantasy, these speech bubbles will be created using projections on mist screens above the Orange Bird's head.

The show will feature fountains, aerial performers, fireworks, and complex animatronics. The climax will be the Bird's narrow escape from a giant 45 foot alligator.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks for reading-- @Zweiland

I like how you handled this and how you handled the sabotage That was very clever and I gotta give you props. My only concern would be pirates show building being so far from the ride. The closure, paritial draining, and partially dismantlement of the jungle cruise to beyond what I assume is an undergroun passage to the show room like in Disneyland going under the train. It's neat but my inner engineer wonders how it would be done efficiently. Other then that I love the idea

Zweiland

I like how you handled this and how you handled the sabotage That was very clever and I gotta give you props. My only concern would be pirates show building being so far from the ride. The closure, paritial draining, and partially dismantlement of the jungle cruise to beyond what I assume is an undergroun passage to the show room like in Disneyland going under the train. It's neat but my inner engineer wonders how it would be done efficiently. Other then that I love the idea
Thanks! If you look closer, I said it was a rope bridge. ;) So no draining, closure, etc.

Voxel

Adventureland to a peak! When I think of Adventureland, I think of adventure of course, but I also think journey, exploration, and mystery! But what will we be exploring you ask!? Well that's just it, You are not very sure until you venture into...."The Lost Caverns". The Lost Caverns will be a new walk through attraction based on the "what if" certain monsters and creatures Did in fact, still exist or EVER exist! The whole island will transform into the "Forbidden Island", And I think you will see why the island is forbidden once you hear about what lurks inside the caverns and jungle!

The Jungle Cruise is a great attraction there and too incorporate this new island, There will be dialogue added to the ride talking about how that island is very mysterious and sacred to the natives and not ventured by many!

Yes I have gotten much inspirations for this project based on King Kong, The Lost World, Land of the Lost, and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Its all about a world that isn't there anymore, but something we all still fantasize about exploring. This will be a very interactive experience and can be different everytime you explore the caverns! My main inspiration in terms of what I want this attraction to be like is in this video!

The walkthrough will be completely different but something along these lines with some really cool AA creatures is what I am going for here! It want this to amaze people with how real it seems! Of course because its a walkthrough nothing is mean or going to be trying to eat.....except maybe the giant snake! ;)

But in all seriousness I think its time to describe the island itself! First the island will be covered mostly in trees! and will have trails through the jungle as well. You get to the island by a new bridge that goes over the Jungle Cruise river. In the center of the island is the islands Volcano. This volcano is the main show building for the walk through attraction. Connected to the main volcano will be 5 other smaller mountains. You can see the volcano from a distance just luring people in to explore an unknown world!

The entrance is a dark cavern at the base of the volcano. the walk and trail up to it becomes more dense as you get closer with foliage and greenery that you almost feel like you are lost already! At night fog and mist will flow through the jungle bringing an even more eerie feel to the mountain! The Cave walkthrough itself will have 4 different environments in it! The first being the normal Cavern look filled with crystals that light up and the sound of water dripping from the ceiling. As you venture further into the first section you start to feel a cold chill!

You now enter the ice age caverns. this part will take you into the ice age time period and come face to face with Wooly Mammoths and Smilodons. and others.For those of you who done know what those look like here they are! The caverns will be mostly a blue/white look to them and a more chilling air throughout to really give the feel for the place!

Next we enter a short segment of regular caves and enter the Prehistoric Jungle! Here you will meet many of the creatures! Allosaurus, Velociraptors, Madtsoia(giant snake), Pulmonoscorpius (giant scorpion), and giant centipedes...and more. The jungle will be lush and very mystical looking with light mist flowing throughout!

After the jungle you enter the underwater lagoon!. These caverns are filled with once extinct water creatures such as plesiosaur, Giant squid, Alligators, and much more. The lagoon will be very beautiful with bright blue water and waterfalls from every which way that will be sure to really capture the whole imaginary feel to the place!

The last stop is in the last bit of caverns where you come face to face with Gigantopithecus, basically a yeti but much more Orangutan like! Its a smaller jungle sections and then you are lead back out into the nature trails!

So the attractions itself isn't a ride, but I feel like my concept is best done by a walk through because these creatures are going to be some of the best AA figures out there and actually WORK! (looking at you EE Yeti). The walk through will give guests the time to really look at them. The animals themselves will also have a interactive quality about them that guests will realize as you walk by and the animal notices you and stares back at you! Also flowers and plants will interact with guests with touch and sounds will fill the caverns giving a very unique experience.

For more videos on AA life like that I want to achieve watch these!

Well I hope you like my idea to bring the mystery to adventureland! I sure like the idea! I love the whole concept of the unknown and this attraction inspired by many famous books and movies like it will be sure to excite guests

I am glad you addressed the yeti cause I was about to make a joke about it :). I like what you did. It's a different style attraction when we are use to a Disney. It's a breathe of fresh air

ctxak98

SORRY EVERYONE! My computer is acting funny and WILL NOT! Post pictures where I want them!!!! So frustrating but I am going to post a separate comment so you can see my inspiration for the most part. Hold on! great proposals so far guys!

Matt7187

Ok, I am guessing most of you guys have read the Sorceror's Apprentice finale, right? Ok, and do you guys remember Magofu ya Jua, my groundbreaking water coaster hybrid idea? Well, that is coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in one way or another. Now titled The Lost Ruins, it will take up the whole island sue to its massive scope. Lets dig in!

Queue: You will pass through the makeshift campsite of the Third World Expedition crew, amid thick forest.

Facade: Ruins, duh

Ride Vehicle: A 5 row, 4 seat boat like POTC's boat.

Ride Experience: You will enter the ride vehicle right outside the entrance of the ruins. Once aboard, you enter the dark, mysterious caverns of the ruins. There are torches throughout so you can see the marvels carved into the walls. The first room has rows of gold along the side and many other artifacts. Some more dark ride scenes like that follow, but then you hear a loud scream. Wondering what has occurred, the TWE stops your boat and tells you over the radio that one of their other boats has disappeared, so as a safety precaution, they are going to send us back. The boat starts to slowly go backwards, but a wall comes out of nowhere and blocks you into the room. Freaked out, the TWE tells you that everything will be ok, but to hold on. Interrupting the man is Captain Quincey, the British pirate who originally fell to the curse of the ruins in the 1400's. You don't see him, but you feel his presence in the room. His booming British voice yells, "Who dare invade my beloved riches. You shall pay with your lives. Hahaha!" Suddenly, you jolt downwards 35 feet and into an intense roller coaster in the dark. After many twists and turns, you hear Quincey yell, "Stop them, Dragbah!" Then, a HUGE serpent heads drops down at you a la Dinosaur, but you made it to safety.

By the way, if you want to see what the drop looks like, search Diverical on YouTube, but only it would be down.

Hope you enjoyed, and good luck to everyone else!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom