Ariel makes her Epcot Debut

dr_teeth90210

Not a big news item, but ...

Ariel AKA the Little Mermaid will start making appearances in her human form at Epcot's Princess Storybook Dining starting on 4/10/2005.She will add to the large list of other princesses such as

Belle
Jasmine
Mulan
Pocahontas
Mary Poppins
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White

You are guaranteed at least 4 to 5 princesses.

wannabeBelle

and my best friend, and her hubby was just talking about this last night. I had informed him that it was REALLY tough to walk on fins, which is why she wouldnt appear at either of the Princess meals, but i guess this solves the problem!!!! Very cool!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Raven66

This is great!! We have a PS for May and Ariel is my daughters' favorite character. She doesn't know about our plans to go to the Storybook Breakfast, so this will make it even harder not to tell her. I can't wait. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

papercut

Thanks Belle. I was hoping that would be the answer. We're doing the 8:30 Segway tour so I'm hoping we can get to this character breakfast afterwards, now maybe we'll be able to Ariel too.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

papercut said:
Thanks Belle. I was hoping that would be the answer. We're doing the 8:30 Segway tour so I'm hoping we can get to this character breakfast afterwards, now maybe we'll be able to Ariel too.
Make sure that you do priority seatings for this restaurant as the Princess meals ( all of them) are wildly popular and you probably wont make it in without calling ahead. The most amount of tiem you can call for this meal is 90 days from the date you want to dine and call as close to 7 am as possible!!!! Good luck and I hope you get in!!!!!!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
Effective on April 10th, 2005 Restaurant Akershus will have "Princess Storybook Dining" for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Breakfast is from 8:30 am- 10:10 am
and is 21.99 for adults & 11.99 for children

Lunch is from 11:40 am- 2:50 pm
and is 23.99 for adults and 12.99 for children

Dinner is from 4:20 pm- 8:40 pm
and is $27.99 for adults and 12.99 for children

Hope this helps ;-)

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
MENU

Family Style Breakfast
Scrambled eggs,bacon,sausage,potato casserole,biscuits,
cinnamon rolls,fresh seasonal fruit

Family Style Lunch and Dinner
A Taste of Norway selection of cold appetizers followed by a selection of hot entrees and then Traditional Norwegian Desserts.

Childs lunch and dinner menu features hot dogs, mac and cheese, peanut butter and jelly and pasta with meatballs.

all meals include either soda,coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade, punch, milk, or etc.

Upvote 0

NADisney

Two years ago when we ate at Avalon Cove ( which it is now called Ariel's Grotto ) in DCA at Disneyland ,Ariel appeared in her fins riding a seahorse for meet and greets along wih mickey,minnie,goofy,chip & dale,donald,smee.We had our picture taken with her after we ate. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

NADisney

it was kind of funny ...the music played ,the characters came into the room dancing and played musical instruments..then next thing we noticed was two cast members pushing the seahorse around with arile on it's back waving,then they pushed her up against the wall near the stairs and elevator ,gave here a glass of water(she is a fish you know) and she took pics and signed books . :lol:

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
NADisney said:
it was kind of funny ...the music played ,the characters came into the room dancing and played musical instruments..then next thing we noticed was two cast members pushing the seahorse around with arile on it's back waving,then they pushed her up against the wall near the stairs and elevator ,gave here a glass of water(she is a fish you know) and she took pics and signed books . :lol:

I would love to see that. Do you happen to have any pictures?

Upvote 0

SummerInFL

Very nice! We are going in May and adding Ariel means one less stop in Fantasyland in MK.:)

I have two girls 5 and 9 and one likes Belle, the other Sleeping Beauty but they both want the autographs of all of them of course. :p

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We have yet to do this because we ate at Norway a few years ago (before DD was born) and we were not that impressed with the food.) Been there, done that, no need to go back. (unlike most things at WDW.)

I wonder if we could get PS, we are going in 3 weeks. I guess it is worth a try. I think I would rather get breakfest however, more likely to get my money's worth in food.

How do they do this with WS not opening until 11:00? I know you can walk in at BC from the interntaional gateway entrence, but they make you walk along England and Cananada. I would hate to walk all the way around the long way around world showcase to get there!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom